2 THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT UBER!!!

Should I be upset that there is such a high surge fee on Uber?

• Yes, that charge is ridiculous and they need to shove it up their Uber asses!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. A surge rate premium! I checked how much the the ride was going to cost the previous day and app stated $25.00.

I go to just the service this morning and the cost is $17.00 MORE!!!! I guess during time they feel are busy times, they can increase the fee!

I just think this is total bullshit!!! My driver was there in 5 minutes and he said he wasn't any busier than usual. Either way, charge one flat fuckin' rate!

2. This one I understand. I just learned about this while talking to my driver about the surge fee.

If you take longer than 2 minutes to get in the car, you get will start getting charged about .60/per minute while they wait.

Am I an asshole for being pissed about the surge fee?

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is just an upcharge for peak hours (rush hour usually) where you can reasonably expect rides to take a bit longer.

Taxis have always done the same thing including the wait charge. In my area, it's capped at .50/min

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is just an upcharge for peak hours (rush hour usually) where you can reasonably expect rides to take a bit longer. Taxis have always done the same thing
Yeah, but dude was there in 5 minutes.

I've used Uber several times and it's taken longer for someone to get there and it was a regular charge.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man LISTEN.... I only used UBER ONCE when I was out of state, I was about to use them ONCE

but never again.. I was coming from way uptown at two in the morning... I was like fuck a train,

Im callin an uber..

Uber was like twenty five dollars for four miles, NO TRAFFIC.. I was like aiight lets go, then like

three minutes before the car comes, they were like price surge, shit was damn near forty, like I was
going

to the airport or someshit.. I was like fuck all them greedy fucks at uber.. ID rather fuck with the greedy

fucks at ciitbank and use a gatdam CITIBIKE...

bruh I been using them citibikes ever since.. man it makes getting around the citi fun as fuck... especially those ebikes..

plus you get a little workout too..

and they give yo LYFT discounts.. UBERS competitor even though Im sure they do the same fuckery...

but chea... citibikes the only way to get around NYC..

especailly to and from work....

fuck uber and their crooked ass algorithms

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but dude was there in 5 minutes.

I've used Uber several times and it's taken longer for someone to get there and it was a regular charge.

I've used Uber for years (I live like 8 mins from the airport and its cheaper than taxi), they've always charged me more to ride during peak times

Again, taxis have done the same thing long before Uber