**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Monitoring Disturbance Entering Into The Caribbean ****

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The builders planted 2 oak trees in my front yard, they said missouri city code required them to do it. I planned to get them removed this summer before they get too big.

Fucking oaks get too big plus the roots fuck up the plumbing and foundation.

The oaks and pines are the worst to have, them pines will snap like nothing and fall on a hpuse

I'm in Mo City too. I'm in a older subdivision, luckily the city or the hoa didn't do anything when I got rid of mine.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of updates, but thankfully this storm didn’t get any stronger than it did. It’s already causing a mess as a cat 1.
I'm sure you saw it's headed to Canada.
At times this thing hit 65mph at the end, one of the outer bands.

I literally had no damage then some gusts started at the end at about 11am and put in work. Crazy thing was you could hear almost sounded like a loud slow 'burp", then the wind came like a few seconds after in a major gust. Heard that 3 times this morning at the end

Last edited:

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in Mo City too. I'm in a older subdivision, luckily the city or the hoa didn't do anything when I got rid of mine.

The builders said I could take them out as soon as I moved in, but city code made them put 2 in the front yard.

Now the bitch ass HOA, gotta submit paperwork to remove or plant something else in the spot.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of updates, but thankfully this storm didn’t get any stronger than it did. It’s already causing a mess as a cat 1.
I’ve been saying the same thing all morning. This storm did a little bit more damaged than I thought it would do y’all better be glad this wasn’t a category five

easy_b

BGOL Investor
A lot of people got caught a little by surprise of the strength of this category one storm

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I could be wrong, but isn't parts of Houston below sea level?

Nope the city was built on a dredge out swamp and natural wetlands.

Houses are supposed to be built on at least a 4 foot grade. The streets and highways are built to flood, which drain into the bayous which then let out into the gulf. During cane's the storm surge backs up which stops the drainage

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Nope the city was built on a dredge out swamp and natural wetlands.

Houses are supposed to be built on at least a 4 foot grade. The streets and highways are built to flood, which drain into the bayou which then let out into the gulf. During cane's the storm surge backs up which stops the drainage
In other words when it rains very hard, the water has nowhere to go