**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Helene (130 mph) | Impacts on Florida Panhandle and Georgia | Effected Cities: Tallahassee, ATL ****

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yeah, I’ve never seen a hurricane sit on an area for nearly a week. That storm was something else.

Katrina was only bad because the levees broke. From what I can remember, N.O. survived the actually storm impact. I remember seeing people chilling on Bourbon Str like shit didn’t happen after the storm passed. Then all of a sudden everything is flooded.

I’m sorry, to this day I feel like it was a set up and the hurricane was the perfect excuse.

I’m sure you know that city officials have the right to flood lower lining areas to save certain areas.

I went work in Nola years after Katrina, we were reinforcing a canal near UNO.
In my crew was this one cat that lived in the 9th ward. Dude said he heard the explosions then next thing you know the water came. I don’t remember the time frame he said or even if he said a time frame.

The reason we were reinforcing the levee, land had washed away from under the concrete wall and flooded the area.
I started working with them around the 60% completion phase. I don’t see the patching work or anything like that.

One crew task was driving down 40 foot sheet piling into the ground.
Some other cats who ran equipment, dumped dirt over the freshly install piling, then compacted the dirt.

We dug a two foot deep by two wide trench. Yes I was with the Hebrew slaves per say. The concrete finishers built this nice lil a walkway along this section.
Helene is officially a category 1 hurricane. The storm is developing and moving quickly. Atlanta has no become part of a high impact area with Helene passing west of the city as a strong tropical storm. This puts ATL on the dirty side (northeast side) of the storm, which will lead to heavy rainfall (over 7 inches and up to 10+ inches in local areas). You can expect downed tree and widespread power outages for much of the general metropolitan area.

152934.png

You’d think with a statement like this ATL is the first line of impact zone but it’s definitely not

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The GFS model has done an exceptional job in predicting this storm. It has significantly outperformed the ECMWF model.

The GFS model predicts Helene will track inland as a hurricane for hundreds of miles. The jet stream will be pulling the storm quicker than other hurricanes that don't have that influence.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I loved through Hurricane Andrew. The high came directly across us. The most terrifying experience I have ever been in.
I was out picking up some fruit and ran into a lodge brother. I said "hey man you all set for the next few days? He replied, it ain't going to do nothing...I said clearly you don't watch the news." It's amazing how people dismiss major storms and then shit a brick when it hits.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was out picking up some fruit and ran into a lodge brother. I said "hey man you all set for the next few days? He replied, it ain't going to do nothing...I said clearly you don't watch the news." It's amazing how people dismiss major storms and then shit a brick when it hits.
I never made that mistake again. Not knowing if you were going to die for 8 hours was mentally exhausting.

For a while I thought I was not going to make it and accepted my death

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The GFS model has done an exceptional job in predicting this storm. It has significantly outperformed the ECMWF model.

The GFS model predicts Helene will track inland as a hurricane for hundreds of miles. The jet stream will be pulling the storm quicker than other hurricanes that don't have that influence.

Fam, did I read this right? You're saying it's gonna still be a hurricane even when it's inland?

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cat 5 that quick damn… but I guess anything is possible

So if that’s the case ATL might see a cat3 storm W0W
ATL is too far inland to get cat 3 winds. You talking up to 130 mph winds lol.

Atlanta can get tropical storm force winds. The eye would be over land far to long to maintain that level of strength

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reminds me of Hurricane Lidia which hit Puerta Vallarta in 2023. My sister lives there and she and her neighbors weren't worried at all. Then that shit went from Cat 1 to Cat 4 in nine hours.
So far Helene has been a dud. She ain’t done shit. Hopefully when we wake up she ain’t a cat 3/4 :lol:

But so far, knocks on wood we seem to be getting some luck