**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Helene (140 mph) Aftermath | Monitoring New Disturbance in the Caribbean. May Impact Gulf Coast ****

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I'm still without power but I have a generator so I was able to save my fridge and deep freezer full of food. That was my main concern.

This storm caught me off guard in the worst way. I was tired as hell on Thursday night and accidentally dozed off around 10. I meant to fill up my gas tank before it got too late.

Next thing you know, my lady wakes me up at 1:30 am talking about the power was out. I'm like, "The power is out!! Oh shit!" So I jump up and the wind sounds like a fucking train outside. Tornado?? I looked outside and it was pitch dark. The only thing I could see was the difference between the sky and the trees violently swaying back and forth.

She tells me, "The storm turned and it's coming straight for us." I'm like, "WTF!!!" So I check my weather app and it still says Tornado Watch, not a warning. Then some branches start knocking up against the window and my 7 year old daughter starts crying. So I'm telling everybody to go to the hallway.

Meanwhile, it's lightning but I don't hear any thunder. And the lightning is making the sky aqua blue when it lights up. Then I realize those are transformers lighting up! I'm like, "Fuck!!"

So I looked back at the weather app and look at the radar. Then I realized that we were on the outskirts of the storm, not the center. So I opened my blinds and was just staring at the trees and studying the wind gusts.....

Then I started to chill. I said, fuck it, I'm gonna roll up. So I open my backdoor and just watched the trees dance while I calmed my nerves...

Then I went in my bedroom and opened my windows. I laid there, still tired as fuck. It's 4:30 am at this point. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze coming through. I was like, "Shidddd....this wind feels good!" Each gust felt like I was at the beach on a windy day.

So I fell back asleep. Woke up around 8am. Went outside. Tree branches everywhere! But no damage to the house, no fallen trees, we were lucky.

The power was completely out in the whole town. No gas, no ice, no food at first. But now, people are starting to get their power back. The businesses are slowly opening back up. I'm hearing that most people's power should be back by the 2nd. At first I was hearing it would be a month. Now, it seems like my power will probably be back in the next few days.

This one woke me up. I won't be caught off guard again.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm still without power but I have a generator so I was able to save my fridge and deep freezer full of food. That was my main concern.

This storm caught me off guard in the worst way. I was tired as hell on Thursday night and accidentally dozed off around 10. I meant to fill up my gas tank before it got too late.

Next thing you know, my lady wakes me up at 1:30 am talking about the power was out. I'm like, "The power is out!! Oh shit!" So I jump up and the wind sounds like a fucking train outside. Tornado?? I looked outside and it was pitch dark. The only thing I could see was the difference between the sky and the trees violently swaying back and forth.

She tells me, "The storm turned and it's coming straight for us." I'm like, "WTF!!!" So I check my weather app and it still says Tornado Watch, not a warning. Then some branches start knocking up against the window and my 7 year old daughter starts crying. So I'm telling everybody to go to the hallway.

Meanwhile, it's lightning but I don't hear any thunder. And the lightning is making the sky aqua blue when it lights up. Then I realize those are transformers lighting up! I'm like, "Fuck!!"

So I looked back at the weather app and look at the radar. Then I realized that we were on the outskirts of the storm, not the center. So I opened my blinds and was just staring at the trees and studying the wind gusts.....

Then I started to chill. I said, fuck it, I'm gonna roll up. So I open my backdoor and just watched the trees dance while I calmed my nerves...

Then I went in my bedroom and opened my windows. I laid there, still tired as fuck. It's 4:30 am at this point. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze coming through. I was like, "Shidddd....this wind feels good!" Each gust felt like I was at the beach on a windy day.

So I fell back asleep. Woke up around 8am. Went outside. Tree branches everywhere! But no damage to the house, no fallen trees, we were lucky.

The power was completely out in the whole town. No gas, no ice, no food at first. But now, people are starting to get their power back. The businesses are slowly opening back up. I'm hearing that most people's power should be back by the 2nd. At first I was hearing it would be a month. Now, it seems like my power will probably be back in the next few days.

This one woke me up. I won't be caught off guard again.

Yeah, I remember your area had a lot of tornado warnings. All this stuff was happening at night so it makes it scarier. This storm was a wake up call for a lot of people.

There was so much different type of severe weather happening. I just really hearing about how different parts of GA got messed up.

I’m glad you and your family is doing ok. That’s one to remember.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I remember your area had a lot of tornado warnings. All this stuff was happening at night so it makes it scarier. This storm was a wake up call for a lot of people.

There was so much different type of severe weather happening. I just really hearing about how different parts of GA got messed up.

I’m glad you and your family is doing ok. That’s one to remember.
yeah my brothers are like deep down in south GA....like 45 mins NW of Jacksonville.
wasn't much structural damage,....but the mass amount of pine trees that they have down there made it bad.
trees down on every other street,....and of course those trees fell on power lines.
They actually sent the mass majority of their power crews to go stage up in Florida to assist them when they got hit,....not knowing the hurricane
would affect where my brother lives as bad as it did. So the town is in the dark and their power crew is in FL.
So its like damn......do u abandon the people you are currently helping in FL and return to GA to assist your own people?
Or just leave your GA folk suffering until you're done in FL? Its a fucked up situation all the way around.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yeah my brothers are like deep down in south GA....like 45 mins NW of Jacksonville.
wasn't much structural damage,....but the mass amount of pine trees that they have down there made it bad.
trees down on every other street,....and of course those trees fell on power lines.
They actually sent the mass majority of their power crews to go stage up in Florida to assist them when they got hit,....not knowing the hurricane
would affect where my brother lives as bad as it did. So the town is in the dark and their power crew is in FL.
So its like damn......do u abandon the people you are currently helping in FL and return to GA to assist your own people?
Or just leave your GA folk suffering until you're done in FL? Its a fucked up situation all the way around.

Emergency and utilities crews are stretched thin. It’s a reminder how fragile our society is when a multi-state disaster occurs.

It’s good that utilities crews didn’t set up in the mountains where it could have been real bad.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man y’all folks out in White Oak or something?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
swamp country..............Waycross, Ga. (Ware Co.)
the city is majority black.....but cacs populate the rural county areas.
largest county in the state of GA.

Oh I know about that place…

So I went to Valdosta for a big rim race event at the track. I left Kingsland and went 95 to I10 then up in I75 to Valdosta…

After the race was over, I saw it was shorter thru Cecil… was like 25mins shorter, man this was at like 11pm straight back roads…

Kinfolk, I was soooo mad at myself. This was dark roads with nothing on them…. When I got to waycross, I was so fucking happy to see a McDonalds. Then a ninjas was running around in a box….lmao

Let’s just say I ain’t doing that shit again…

I was like mannn if something happens, that shit on me…

“Man at some point I missed a turn and the gps rerouted me thru a field o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
People thought that western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee was be a safe Haven from climate change…..No, you are not safe from climate change on this earth. You just hope not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of these areas are going to be a little tough to get at because (A) some of the towns is no longer there and (B) some of the towns have no in and no way out. Climate scientist from the 80s and 90s was stating that this was going to happen. A lot of them thought this was going to happen around 2050 or 2100 but as I keep telling you guys things is accelerating very quickly.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Here is the last 7-day rain distribution for NC and surrounding states. Helene dropped +20 inches in some parts.

daily-168.jpg