**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Helene (140 mph) | Impacts on Florida Panhandle and Georgia | Effected Cities: Tallahassee, ATL ****

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Thankfully with Andrew, it was a very dry hurricane because the damages would have been worse
Oh, I tell people that all the time and Andrew moved along pretty good because if Andrew was to appear now that storm would have half a south Florida underwater immediately especially with the high ocean tide. Yes I was in Miami during Andrew

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh, I tell people that all the time and Andrew moved along pretty good because if Andrew was to appear now that storm would have half a south Florida underwater immediately especially with the high ocean tide. Yes I was in Miami during Andrew
I was down in Homestead

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
anigif.gif

018.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

City of Tampa crews prepping stormwater systems ahead of storm​

by: Brianda Villegas
Posted: Sep 24, 2024 / 10:01 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 24, 2024 / 10:01 PM EDT
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — In anticipation of the heavy rains that are expected to affect the area, crews went throughout the City of Tampa clearing out storm drains.

City leaders, including Mayor Jane Castor, Fire Chief Barbara Tripp, Police Chief Lee Bercaw and Emergency Management Director John Antapasis, held a press conference on Tuesday to talk about preparations.

According to city leaders, an area where they have been focusing on cleaning out ditches is South Tampa.

In recent weeks, rain flooded several streets and caused several residents to worry about their homes being impacted.

“Their insurance cost has gone through the roof, they’re scared to death they’re going to be flooded,” South Tampa Resident Stephanie Poynor said.

In addition to removing debris from ditches and storm drains, crews have also drained several ponds.

“Prior to Hurricane Debby, 85 tons of debris were taken out of those ditches,” City of Tampa Mayor Jane Castor said.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Helene will become a hurricane today. Significant impacts will be felt throughout the southeast US. Heavy rainfall is expected in Florida and Georgia, with high rainfall totals in the Appalachian mountains. Forecast models are still predicting a major hurricane. At least a category 3.

094338.png

anigif.gif

020.jpg

aal09-2024092500-track-late.png

aal09-2024092506-intensity-early.png

094338-WPCQPF-sm.gif

094338-WPCERO-sm.gif

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Helene will become a hurricane today. Significant impacts will be felt throughout the southeast US. Heavy rainfall is expected in Florida and Georgia, with high rainfall totals in the Appalachian mountains. Forecast models are still predicting a major hurricane. At least a category 3.

094338.png

anigif.gif

020.jpg

aal09-2024092500-track-late.png

aal09-2024092506-intensity-early.png

094338-WPCQPF-sm.gif

094338-WPCERO-sm.gif
If you are in North Florida right now in South Georgia if you could leave please leave, especially if you are in a low (below sea level) area.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Off the top of my head, I’d say Katrina or Harvey.
Oh ok, I do remember Harvey covering a huge area….

During the lead up to Katrina, I wasn’t on BGOL or anything… (actually rejoined the site during Katrina)
I was a member before that but lost connection to the site. Excitement level was high when I finally ran across it again. The search was going on for a long time lmao.

So for Harvey, I was well aware of the happenings

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh ok, I do remember Harvey covering a huge area….

During the lead up to Katrina, I wasn’t on BGOL or anything… (actually rejoined the site during Katrina)
I was a member before that but lost connection to the site. Excitement level was high when I finally ran across it again. The search was going on for a long time lmao.

So for Harvey, I was well aware of the happenings

Yeah, I’ve never seen a hurricane sit on an area for nearly a week. That storm was something else.

Katrina was only bad because the levees broke. From what I can remember, N.O. survived the actually storm impact. I remember seeing people chilling on Bourbon Str like shit didn’t happen after the storm passed. Then all of a sudden everything is flooded.

I’m sorry, to this day I feel like it was a set up and the hurricane was the perfect excuse.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Helene is officially a category 1 hurricane. The storm is developing and moving quickly. Atlanta has no become part of a high impact area with Helene passing west of the city as a strong tropical storm. This puts ATL on the dirty side (northeast side) of the storm, which will lead to heavy rainfall (over 7 inches and up to 10+ inches in local areas). You can expect downed tree and widespread power outages for much of the general metropolitan area.

152934.png