**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Helene (140 mph) | Impacts on Florida Panhandle and Georgia | Effected Cities: Tallahassee, ATL ****

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MEW70UE_o.jpg

I+see+what+you+did+there.gif

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yeah, they want me back for another year and a half to finish up some more tasks, but I’ve moved on to something else which is really cool.

Here are a few photos from my trip to Vietnam earlier this year. I’m in aviation forecasting now so I got to go into the control towers in Hanoi, Da Nang, and Saigon to watch planes arrive and depart. I did a presentation for government officials for both the US and Vietnam. My dad was also drafted there, so this was a very sentimental trip. He was stationed in Saigon.

I’m international with this shit now. :yes:

This is so DOPE! Congratulations my brother. I always love seeing our BGOL fam making big moves. Salute!:bravo::cheers:

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Sheeit. I cancelled my classes for tomorrow. They told us to do remote but I was like “fuck all that I’m canceling.”
I told them on Monday I wasn't coming in Friday. I said I have a friend (you) that has info that you don't have, and I'm not coming in. He laughed it off and said it wasn't going to be that bad. As today went along, he sent me that text. My wife was like, "Your dude on BGOL (you) hasn't been wrong yet. I've been with you for 33 years and I've earned the right to make a call. You ain't going in tomorrow.".

My boss: "You're one of our most valued employees. Your call."

Bottom line: I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is so DOPE! Congratulations my brother. I always love seeing our BGOL fam making big moves. Salute!:bravo::cheers:

It's somewhat surreal, honestly. My wife asked me if I ever saw myself being a meteorologist like this.

I was like, "Hell, no. I had hoop dreams!" If it wasn't for the 2003 draft, I may have thought I still had a chance to make the league.

You'll have been a part of my growth, low-key. These threads were never in vain. I have been practicing on this forum since 2009 or 2010.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I told them on Monday I wasn't coming in Friday. I said I have a friend (you) that has info that you don't have, and I'm not coming in. He laughed it off and said it wasn't going to be that bad. As today went along, he sent me that text. My wife was like, "Your dude on BGOL (you) hasn't been wrong yet. I've been with you for 33 years and I've earned the right to make a call. You ain't going in tomorrow.".

My boss: "You're one of our most valued employees. Your call."

Bottom line: I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

Man, I know that's right. See, the residual effects are so meaningful.

Providing you kats with info is a proud service I don't mind doing.

Safety first, and if you can get some days to chill, that's butter, too.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
It's somewhat surreal, honestly. My wife asked me if I ever saw myself being a meteorologist like this.

I was like, "Hell, no. I had hoop dreams!" If it wasn't for the 2003 draft, I may have thought I still had a chance to make the league.

You'll have been a part of my growth, low-key. These threads were never in vain. I have been practicing on this forum since 2009 or 2010.
Awesome bro. Real talk, your weather threads held me down in my years down in FL. Fuck the news, I always refreshed your threads to stay on top of new reports.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

its funny cause I always watch local news and as soon as there is some funky weather situation I check with you to see if what they talkin is legit

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Awesome bro. Real talk, your weather threads held me down in my years down in FL. Fuck the news, I always refreshed your threads to stay on top of new reports.

Lol. I remember the ones threatening your area.

I remember how bugged-out folk were when Hurricane Dorian approached your area after sitting over the Bahamas as a cat 5 for about 48 hours.

It took that last-minute turn :lol:

392ea07d-e85f-403a-a093-68a1c9bfc62c-large16x9_DorianTrack.png

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Helene is approaching land. The radar wind velocities are picking up winds around 143 mph near the eye of the storm.

Helene.png

The National Hurricane Center has released a statement that the winds are up to 140 mph.

=*=*==*=*==*=*==*=*==*=*==*=*==*=*==*=*=

WTNT64 KNHC 270056
TCUAT4

Hurricane Helene Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092024
900 PM EDT Thu Sep 26 2024

...HELENE SLIGHTLY STRONGER AS ITS EYE APPROACHES THE COAST OF THE
FLORIDA BIG BEND...
...900 PM EDT POSITION UPDATE...

A University of Florida Coastal Monitoring Program tower located on
Cedar Key recently reported a sustained wind of 55 mph (89 km/h) and
a wind gust of 73 mph (117 km/h).

A NOAA National Ocean Service tide gauge located at Clearwater Beach
recently reported a water level of 5.07 feet above mean higher high
water, which is an approximation of inundation in that area.

SUMMARY OF 900 PM EDT...0100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...29.1N 84.2W
ABOUT 65 MI...105 KM W OF CEDAR KEY FLORIDA
ABOUT 90 MI...145 KM S OF TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...140 MPH...225 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 20 DEGREES AT 24 MPH...39 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...941 MB...27.79 INCHES

$$

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My radar picks up winds at 145 knots (166 mph) [look at the bottom right side of the image], which is a category five, but these are radar-measured winds (not official).

Screenshot-2024-09-26-211211.png