**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Milton (85 mph) | Expected to Become a Major Hurricane | West Florida On Notice ****

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pics my brother sent me from around his neighborhood in south GA......

MEW9LWJ_o.jpg

MEW9LWK_o.jpg

MEW9LWL_o.jpg

MEW9LWM_o.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've actually been to Boone, NC quite a few times. We had to travel there a lot to play Appalachian State when I was playing college ball..

Man, I travelled to the mountains many times while living here. Been all throughout western NC. It’s a sad reality that what I knew of them will no longer exist the same way.

The state of North Carolina from west to east has taken a beating this year.

This thread has documented all of it.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Good chance all the national home insurance companies like State Farm will cancel policies in the area going forward.

And raise home insurance rates for people through out the country to make up the loss.
You know what now is a time for the federal government to step in because states like Florida really made things worse for the people when it comes to insurance crisis. As far as south North Carolina, Tennessee goes well there’s nothing you could do with them. Those rednecks had to learn a lesson the hard way. Oh, and those houses in Florida, especially along the coast where the hurricane came in it was over $1 million and they are fucked so the insurance companies are going to trip with them if they don’t pay for the damages out of pocket.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So, the data feed where I got my files to produce the satellite images is down because the cloud system is in Asheville. The infrastructure was damaged, and there is no ETA when it will return to operations. I'm sure NOAA will reroute the data feed since it's cloud-based, and they likely have a backup server elsewhere.

I forgot that NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information headquarters was in Asheville. That's a big deal, data-wise, especially for those people doing research. Shit.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, I travelled to the mountains many times while living here. Been all throughout western NC. It’s a sad reality that what I knew of them will no longer exist the same way.

The state of North Carolina from west to east has taken a beating this year.

This thread has documented all of it.

Vacationed at Lake Junaluska many a summer. It's where I actually started getting good at basketball (relatively).

Always would meet a girl there and try my damndest to stay in touch in hopes of seeing her the next summer. And made friends for a week or 2 that you'll never see again.

Miss those days. Lake Junaluska.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Helene's brutal toll: At least 100 dead; states struggling to recover. Live updates

At least 100 people were dead and over 2 million homes and businesses remained in the dark across the Southeast on Monday, the region under siege from historic flooding driven by Hurricane Helene and its remnants.

John Bacon, Sarah Honosky, Keith Sharon, Phaedra Trethan
USA TODAY NETWORK
September 30, 2024

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Helene's brutal toll: At least 100 dead; states struggling to recover. Live updates

At least 100 people were dead and over 2 million homes and businesses remained in the dark across the Southeast on Monday, the region under siege from historic flooding driven by Hurricane Helene and its remnants.

John Bacon, Sarah Honosky, Keith Sharon, Phaedra Trethan
USA TODAY NETWORK
September 30, 2024

I really hate to say this, but that number is going to get too over 200 in the next week or two. A lot of those people in Eastern Tennessee and North Carolina did not see this coming and they was just washed away.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my homie in Augusta just got power and water restored yesterday.
but he said its still over 50% of the city without power. people are getting desperate and looting.
My brother said they'll were told they will be without power til at least the 5th....the entire city is without power except for a Walmart and 2 gas stations.
internet is down,....so unless you have cash, you can't buy shit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I really hate to say this, but that number is going to get too over 200 in the next week or two. A lot of those people in Eastern Tennessee and North Carolina did not see this coming and they was just washed away.

Like I said earlier, it’s always the storms that people don’t think anything is gonna happen.

And that’s the Hurricane that blasts thru like “Godzilla Minus One”.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but he said its still over 50% of the city without power. people are getting desperate and looting.
My brother said they'll were told they will be without power til at least the 5th....the entire city is without power except for a Walmart and 2 gas stations.

To the guns R bad folks...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Damn I didn’t know it was like that for Augusta

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey, peeps. Just checking in to say that I am mostly okay. SE Georgia wasn't supposed to get hit too hard (and honestly, it could have been way worse), but I've still been without power for over 3 days now.

The only good news is that nobody too close to me suffered any serious damage or injury. It's mostly just be inconvenient. They say most people in the area should have their power back by tomorrow at the latest, but we'll see. I may not have the time or privacy to fully check back in for another few days, but I hope everyone made it through okay, or at least are on the road to recovery.

Until then, keep on keeping on.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Trump makes false claims about federal response as he campaigns in area ravaged by Hurricane Helene

The former president and Republican nominee claimed upon landing in Valdosta that President Joe Biden was “sleeping” and not responding to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who he said was “calling the president and hasn’t been able to get him.” He repeated the claim at an event with reporters after being told Kemp said he had spoken to Biden.

BY ADRIANA GOMEZ LICON, CHRISTINE FERNANDO AND JEFF AMY
September 30, 2024

wirestory_3097f1706455929adf5a4eb67f9cdf0f_16x9.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hey, peeps. Just checking in to say that I am mostly okay. SE Georgia wasn't supposed to get hit too hard (and honestly, it could have been way worse), but I've still been without power for over 3 days now.

The only good news is that nobody too close to me suffered any serious damage or injury. It's mostly just be inconvenient. They say most people in the area should have their power back by tomorrow at the latest, but we'll see. I may not have the time or privacy to fully check back in for another few days, but I hope everyone made it through okay, or at least are on the road to recovery.

Until then, keep on keeping on.

Thanks for checking in and I’m glad that you’re doing ok.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn I didn’t know it was like that for Augusta
I wanna say Augusta and Valdosta caught the worst of it in Georgia.
Augusta is on some modern day Mad Max type shit. Long lines for gas. Long lines waiting for stores to open, ice in short supply. Big azz trees down blocking entire lanes of a street. A lot of folks left the city altogether. A majority of traffic lights being out, or just gone period. Water being out for some people, then water restrictions , and now there's a boiling advisory. The Mayor fucking up. The Governor dragging his feet. A perfect storm of bullshit.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I wanna say Augusta and Valdosta caught the worst of it in Georgia.
Augusta is on some modern day Mad Max type shit. Long lines for gas. Long lines waiting for stores to open, ice in short supply. Big azz trees down blocking entire lanes of a street. A lot of folks left the city altogether. A majority of traffic lights being out, or just gone period. Water being out for some people, then water restrictions , and now there's a boiling advisory. The Mayor fucking up. The Governor dragging his feet. A perfect storm of bullshit.

Wow. I had no idea. I’ve been stuck on NC and haven’t heard much outside of that. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully things improve soon.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Trump makes false claims about federal response as he campaigns in area ravaged by Hurricane Helene

The former president and Republican nominee claimed upon landing in Valdosta that President Joe Biden was “sleeping” and not responding to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who he said was “calling the president and hasn’t been able to get him.” He repeated the claim at an event with reporters after being told Kemp said he had spoken to Biden.

BY ADRIANA GOMEZ LICON, CHRISTINE FERNANDO AND JEFF AMY
September 30, 2024

wirestory_3097f1706455929adf5a4eb67f9cdf0f_16x9.jpg
Even some Republicans had to call Trump out on this bullshit boy he’s an asshole for real. The federal government is directly engaged with this situation some areas they cannot get to right away because the damage is so severe.