**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Milton (85 mph) | Expected to Become a Major Hurricane | West Florida On Notice ****

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I have three close friends in Tampa. The bad news is, they're hard headed as fuck and have been through so many storms that they don't get scared. The good news is none of them are right on the water.
If it was currently raining, I would say that’s good news, but all of that part of Florida the ground is extremely saturated so when the water is come in, it’s going to come in hard

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Also, remember this area was also affected by Hurricane Ian in 2022.

Ian_Florida_Landfall.gif

Yep, one thing that happens is that some people don't take one hurricane seriously, so when the next one hits they freak out and start panic buying everything.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have three close friends in Tampa. The bad news is, they're hard headed as fuck and have been through so many storms that they don't get scared. The good news is none of them are right on the water.

That’s the mentality that needs to go. Every hurricane is different. They all bring a different type of circumstance. People get complacent thinking that their experience can triumph against Mother Nature.

Milton has potential to reach a category 5. A direct hit to Tampa hasn’t been ruled out yet.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s the mentality that needs to go. Every hurricane is different. They all bring a different type of circumstance. People get complacent thinking that their experience can triumph against Mother Nature.

Milton has potential to reach a category 5. A direct hit to Tampa hasn’t been ruled out yet.
Living out here I can say in general dealing with hurricanes in FL is a roll the dice scenario... Being a narrow peninsula state you have no idea where to go... The way they do mass evacuations it's organized but because there's only one way out the state (north) depending on when you leave you might end up on the road for hours looking for somewhere to stay, the likelihood of finding gas will be a challenge, and the storm can still take a late turn and head right where you are...

Even in state, hurricane projects to Miami yeah they can slide to Jacksonville, but then the hurricane heads that way... Complacency is a factor to some but as a whole it's much more than that... A bunch of unfortunate decision-making

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Living out here I can say in general dealing with hurricanes in FL is a roll the dice scenario... Being a narrow peninsula state you have no idea where to go... The way they do mass evacuations it's organized but because there's only one way out the state (north) depending on when you leave you might end up on the road for hours looking for somewhere to stay, the likelihood of finding gas will be a challenge, and the storm can still take a late turn and head right where you are...

Even in state, hurricane projects to Miami yeah they can slide to Jacksonville, but then the hurricane heads that way... Complacency is a factor to some but as a whole it's much more than that... A bunch of unfortunate decision-making

Wow, I see.

That’s a tough situation to be in, especially with little time to prepare. I remember when yall had to deal with Irma and it went up the peninsula instead through it.

Those dice rolls seem to be getting trickier.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

Lol, I feel you on that.

Thing about living in Florida is that you need to find a good shelter and just wait the storm out there. Some of the shelters are pretty comfortable and decent in certain areas.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow, I see.

That’s a tough situation to be in, especially with little time to prepare. I remember when yall had to deal with Irma and it went up the peninsula instead through it.

Those dice rolls seem to be getting trickier.
Mayne you already know... It makes it somewhat easier with the storms coming from the Atlantic, but with these newer joints forming in the Gulf it just makes effective preparation difficult

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mayne you already know... It makes it somewhat easier with the storms coming from the Atlantic, but with these newer joints forming in the Gulf it just makes effective preparation difficult
especially now.....cuz u have to evacuate further out with so man places in Georgia and NW Florida that are still without power