**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Milton (90 mph) | Expected to Become a Major Hurricane | West Florida On Notice ****

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This was a historic hurricane. Its impacts were felt across Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Georgia received a tremendous amount of rain, especially in the North Carolina Mountains. The storm surge was at record-breaking levels in Florida, and there was widespread wind damage from the hurricane and tornadoes.

Every hurricane is different. Helene probably caused more damage in western NC than in Florida, where it made landfall. That's over 450 miles away. Never take the threats lightly. There was not much those folks in western NC could have done. Some places received over 30 inches of rain in two days.
Wow. I had no idea this storm was this level. Has a hurricane ever hit NC mountains like this before?

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Wow. I had no idea this storm was this level. Has a hurricane ever hit NC mountains like this before?
Nope, not even the infamous hurricane Gilbert did this. But as I told fourth dimension some forecasters was talking about this happening a few days ago and they was 110% correct.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope, not even the infamous hurricane Gilbert did this. But as I told fourth dimension some forecasters was talking about this happening a few days ago and they was 110% correct.
No what fam? Won't be the last time either.......The cac has F'd up everything and in 5 years they'll be moaning when the insurance companies start giving them them Florida shaft then they'll want to do something about global warming.....TOO DAMN LATE!

easy_b

BGOL Investor
No what fam? Won't be the last time either.......The cac has F'd up everything and in 5 years they'll be moaning when the insurance companies start giving them them Florida shaft then they'll want to do something about global warming.....TOO DAMN LATE!
A lot of people in the Tennessee valley in Western North Carolina, South Carolina starting to believe in climate change, but it’s too late to do anything right now. I always said people is not going to climate change until it hit them over the head and by that time it’s going to be too late.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Not this bad, but NC mountains are know to get heavy rainfall during tropical weather. The phenomena is known as orographic effects, where the mountain enhance rainfall because the rotation of the storms causes the winds to travel up the mountains and cause more rainfall.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

@4 Dimensional any more you can tell us regarding Isaac?

Isaac is in the deep northern Atlantic Ocean. No threat to us. But will get interested close to Iceland.

084307.png

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Mannnnn folks always expressed how folks along Louisiana coast area needs to relocate but wtf is this shit, a decent distance inland and it’s a mess

96-AF71-E4-A552-43-DA-8795-CFB76-E12-E141.jpg

90-BA0-D91-E6-D4-4-DDD-BEE6-A0-A976-BBC922.jpg
I have been beating this drum for a few years now about climate change some people get it and some people don’t get it until they get hit in the head with it. There has been a lot of shit going on across the pond for a few years now. A lot of these people in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee did not believe in climate change until it came to their front door. It is too late to do anything about it.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Working in insurance, it always amazes me how folks see it as an unnecessary expense. Then when something happens and they don't have it....

By the way, don't wait until the last minute before a major event to try to buy it. We may issue a "stop order", which means we ain't selling in areas or states where we know major damage is likely.

I know it is expensive and always going up but it's a lot cheaper than not having it!

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Working in insurance, it always amazes me how folks see it as an unnecessary expense. Then when something happens and they don't have it....

By the way, don't wait until the last minute before a major event to try to buy it. We may issue a "stop order", which means we ain't selling in areas or states where we know major damage is likely.

I know it is expensive and always going up but it's a lot cheaper than not having it!
A lot of those people in North Carolina South Carolina area did not have flood insurance. They have to wait on FEMA at this point.