**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Milton Aftermath ****

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Sigh

if whatever tornado or strong way is strong enough to pick up a commercial dumpster and a pale a roof at that angle, while holding his own weight, suspended unbalanced

You’re so strong that it could lift that dumpster then why haven’t the house windows blown out, also there’s a second dumpster so how come that’s not sitting on somebody’s roof
Don't know where you live but until you've actually lived in an area or endured a hurricane or tornado, it's better to refrain from speaking.

I can't even recall how many I've been thru now. Maybe 4-5 tornado/hurricane events where I am.

Many times my home had minimal damage. I drive 5 mins and I see complete destruction of homes and buildings right in my area.

Beryl just did damage to my home and months before that another mini wind storm in April. These storms can pick up all kinds of objects many miles away and dump all kinds of shit many miles away.

That's atypical of these types of events.
There are people posting fake vids and some pics I saw for likes but I try to discern and verify stuff I share.

sinistercane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know where you live but until you've actually lived in an area or endured a hurricane or tornado, it's better to refrain from speaking.

I can't even recall how many I've been thru now. Maybe 4-5 tornado/hurricane events where I am.

Many times my home had minimal damage. I drive 5 mins and I see complete destruction of homes and buildings right in my area.

Beryl just did damage to my home and months before that another mini wind storm in April. These storms can pick up all kinds of objects many miles away and dump all kinds of shit many miles away.

That's atypical of these types of events.
There are people posting fake vids and some pics I saw for likes but I try to discern and verify stuff I share.
I live in Jax

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I agree. People are always looking for a scapegoat instead of using common sense and getting out when they can.

I get some just don't have the resources to get out, but those that can should!!!

All those tornados just unlocked a new fear ahead of these hurricanes I'm sure!!

I recall cats saying earlier that hurricanes cannot produce tornadoes.

This one proved it true.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
At some point in the near future, they have to make it illegal to have a house within a certain miles on beaches. Some of the beaches just need to go back to mother nature.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Also, snow can melt, especially with this current climate, but well that’s there forever unless you dig it out with a backhoe.
And that's what I tell people all the time when they ask why I prefer blizzards to hurricanes. The snow will pile up but it disappears before you know it. Sand? lolz you'll be digging like an Egyptologist.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I just checked zillow, most of those houses weren't listed for sale in the last week. That's just all the houses on the market.
I do not blame those people. I’ll be out of there, especially as I have a little change to get out. Repairing your house every year is going to make your ass assurance premiums (if you could get insurance) extremely high.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I wonder if property value will still remain high.

Funny thing about Florida, they could go a year or two without nothing.
It wouldn't surprise me. Some places will get hit bad others will be spared but I don't put it past idiots buying up those properties even at high values because everyone is always looking to be the next contestant on FAFO.

We were there 12 years and had 4 maybe 5 storms. I remember a tropical depression and then Matthew, Irma, Dorian (not so bad for us) and Ian. Keep in mind those were hurricanes that had impact in where I was, not including Michael which hit the panhandle area.

Northern folks will buy them saying it's not so bad.....lolz