**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Hurricane Milton Aftermath ****

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Probably already posted, but was new to me (crazy):

How the hell the cam still had power through all that, other than that just wow...

My home flooded during Harvey. Never had currents like in the vid, was just a slow steady rising of the water levels. I just heard stories from those that rescued us about children and women who were washed away in the storm. This Milton was way worse

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
IMG-2954.jpg

This is why some people are starting to abandon certain parts of Florida right now.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
some areas are about to get more flooding.................they have to release water from one of the reservoirs, otherwise it could fail.
that water has no place to go except in the already flooded neighborhoods where the water will rise even higher.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
some areas are about to get more flooding.................they have to release water from one of the reservoirs, otherwise it could fail.
that water has no place to go except in the already flooded neighborhoods where the water will rise even higher.
I have been telling you guys that Florida flood control works off of the ocean levels. The ocean levels has been extremely high lately, so the water has nowhere to go.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Anyone mention in the thread the amount of homeowners, who if you all remember, many can't afford insurance and decided to hold their own costs of future damages during storms.
Many insurance policies blew up to $20-30k a year during Covid with the storms that hit FL. So with the new influx of peeps that came there during covid, many chose to leave.

FEMA may be denying many claims or giving people next to nothing. Can't remember what FEMA limits are per home but think it may be like $42k for repairs and the same for housing assistance while home is unoccupiable. Add in that FEMA said after Helene they are out of funds for storms.

After all is said and done, windstorm insurance by next year will be astronomical.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

90763955-0-image-a-10_1728692706162.jpg

90722289-13951639-_Lieutenant_Dan_has_had_over_70_contacts_with_police_in_Florida_-a-6_1728689657568.jpg