**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Tropical Storm Beryl (Maxed at 165 mph | Currently 65 mph). Southeast Texas Under a Hurricane Watch ****

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Spoke with my father and he says there is nothing going yet where he is. He also says the area where my mom and aunt are is not getting anything more than rain. So far the cameras I have been watching through are showing me heavy rain and trees swaying. The Rio Cobra looks high & murky running under Flat Bridge.

The storm never made landfall, so that was a huge plus for the island. It’s down to 140 mph now and has become more compact in size.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spoke with my father and he says there is nothing going yet where he is. He also says the area where my mom and aunt are is not getting anything more than rain. So far the cameras I have been watching through are showing me heavy rain and trees swaying. The Rio Cobra looks high & murky running under Flat Bridge.
I'm speaking the obvious when I say this but try and gift them with something when it's over!!!

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The storm is down to 130 mph and is being sheared on the south side of the storm. You can see it well in this gif.

anigif.gif

As a result, the storm is struggling to stay organized.

The track is still curving after hitting the Yucatan Peninsula, putting all of southeast Texas on notice. I'm not sure of the intensity once it reaches the Gulf.

235430-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

aal02-2024070318-eps-track-by-model-late.png

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The storm is down to 130 mph and is being sheared on the south side of the storm. You can see it well in this gif.

anigif.gif

As a result, the storm is struggling to stay organized.

The track is still curving after hitting the Yucatan Peninsula, putting all of southeast Texas on notice. I'm not sure of the intensity once it reaches the Gulf.

235430-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

aal02-2024070318-eps-track-by-model-late.png

So the remnants in my area Tuesday or Wednesday

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Being in a hurricane is an experience. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

7 deaths were reported from the West Indies.

Yes sir!

I was in Hurricane Hugo as a kid. I remember thinking it was so cool not knowing I could get hurt or worse. Parents made us get away from the windows and couldn't go outside afterwards cause power lines were down.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Hurricane Hugo is the reason I’m a meteorologist today. That storm made a lasting impact on me.
I’ve got into weather because of the weather channel. Yes I used to listen to the music during their eight minute Interludes and from there, I just started getting into weather. I always wanted to go through a hurricane until hurricane Andrew…… after that I was like nope don’t wanna do this again.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’ve got into weather because of the weather channel. Yes I used to listen to the music during their eight minute Interludes and from there, I just started getting into weather. I always wanted to go through a hurricane until hurricane Andrew…… after that I was like nope don’t wanna do this again.

Yeah, the weather channel and the music they played in the 90s was a huge influence too. I used to go to sleep to it.

I remember hearing “Eddie You Should Know Better” from the Superfly soundtrack on there. They had some bangers.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
@4 Dimensional I saw a TikTok saying how many of these storm models follow the GFS model which has never been as accurate as the ICON model which has always been the path the storms follow.

I ask because GFS shows the eye of the storm going to the border of Texas around Brownsville. But the ICON shows it's directly coming to Houston.

Any thoughts?

I'm using Ventusky app showing the different model paths

GFS model
fuhdlJlw_o.jpg

ICON model
SCtMc2ML_o.jpg

Last edited:

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
@4 Dimensional I saw a TikTok saying how many of these storm models follow the GFS model which has never been as accurate as the ICON model which has always been the path the storms follow.

I ask because GFS shows the eye of the storm going to the border of Texas around Brownsville. But the ICON shows it's directly coming to Houston.

Any thoughts?

GFS model
fuhdlJlw_o.jpg

ICON model
SCtMc2ML_o.jpg
I pray B is born again after his Cancun trip

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Any thoughts?

GFS model
fuhdlJlw_o.jpg

ICON model
SCtMc2ML_o.jpg

The GFS model generally has a left-side bias (southern) regarding hurricane tracking. That means the actual storm track is usually slightly to the north or the right. The NHC has a cone area because it is difficult to predict where these storms may go.

174432-5day-cone-no-line-and-wind.png

aal02-2024070412-eps-track-by-model-late.png

Here are some different model scenarios. As you can see, there are different intensity levels.

ECMWF

HWRF

ICON

GFS

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

She is 110% correct. Black people care more about taking care of land and white people. The byproduct of American industrial waste does affect all of the Caribbean. She might as well throw in China, Russia, and those other countries there are heavy industrialized. People need to realize we are on one globe.