**** 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Major Hurricane Milton (Currently: 145 mph | Max: 180 mph) | West Florida On Notice ****

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lived in Clearwater many years ago when I worked for the cable company down there Brighthouse and 1 thing I remember about that entire Tampa St Pete Clearwater area was how flat the entire area was and all the houses were 1 level with small yards. That was around 1993-94 so I dont know how its changed if it all since then but if its still like that God help them all. On a side note there was a sub sandwich place in Tampa that had the best subs I ever had I cant remember the name but it was always packed and they had outdoor service with benches. They had a turkey,roast beef with beef salami and diced lamb with that awesome sauce with pickles thin sliced onions on sour dough hoagie. Just awesome

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lived in Clearwater many years ago when I worked for the cable company down there Brighthouse and 1 thing I remember about that entire Tampa St Pete Clearwater area was how flat the entire area was and all the houses were 1 level with small yards. That was around 1993-94 so I dont know how its changed if it all since then but if its still like that God help them all. On a side note there was a sub sandwich place in Tampa that had the best subs I ever had I cant remember the name but it was always packed and they had outdoor service with benches. They had a turkey,roast beef with beef salami and diced lamb with that awesome sauce with pickles thin sliced onions on sour dough hoagie. Just awesome
was it Mickey's or Brocatos?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Down to 160, but still a cat 5. The NHC is shifting the track further south.

212734.png

Casca

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Florida Jail in Hurricane Milton Danger Zone Won't Evacuate Inmates​

Hurricane Milton was classified as a Category 4 hurricane on Tuesday, with maximum sustained winds of 155 miles per hour, making it 2 mph shy of a Category 5 hurricane.

After hitting Category 5 status on Monday, the storm weakened slightly but appears to be intensifying again. Forecasts show Milton making landfall in Tampa on Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, but the expected wind speeds and exact location of landfall are still uncertain.

On Tuesday afternoon, a Manatee County Jail deputy told Newsweek that the jail is in the Zone A evacuation zone. Manatee County has issued mandatory evacuations for all people in Zones A and B.

"We do not issue evacuation orders lightly," Manatee County Public Safety Director Jodie Fiske said. "Milton is anticipated to cause more storm surge than Helene. So, if you stayed during Helene and got lucky, I would not press my luck with this particular system."

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
The storm is at 155 mph. Tampa does not look likely to take a direct hit, and landfall should be south of the city.

092734_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
Tampa is still going to see some interesting facts but Fort Myers and Sarasota. Yeah, you guys might as well abandon that part of Florida. And as I keep telling y’all Florida is going to be underwater soon.

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The storm is at 155 mph. Tampa does not look likely to take a direct hit, and landfall should be south of the city.

092734_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

As a professional, what's your opinion of what next year's hurricane season would look like in the event of a Republican win in November, and they are able to fulfill their plan to either gut, or outright eliminate the National Weather Service, the NOAA, and FEMA? With climate change being what it is, I don't think this aspect of their plans to foul up this country has been talked about nearly enough, if at all.