2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think they'll keep Flus unless they can get Harbaugh. Everything else is up in the air, but I trust Poles. He knows we need to get better in many areas and will do what he can to get that done.

They aren't getting Harbaugh, because I'm sure he'll require Belicheck like control. Poles would be giving up his job.

So it would be Kevin Warren replacing everyone.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I am intrigue to see what Pole is going to do with all this draft capital he has/can have in the next few months. esp. at the WR position because this class is so deep (legit 12-14 you can make a case are first or high 2nd round picks) and I know that's an area of weakness for the Bears....

Definitely will be interesting....

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still pissed! How you a charter franchise and lose 10 straight games to GB? Bears gonna do what they typically do which is nothing. You will hear the same ol continuity bullshit you usually hear from them. We won't get Harbaugh not because he doesn't want to come here but because the Bears aren't bold enough to do it. Same ol same ol Bears. Gonna be mediocre football til the day I die.. Smh lol on top of that I have to go to work and face Packer fans tomorrow. Ugh!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I'm not really hopeful for Harbaugh, but mentioned him as I think that's the ONLY dude they would possibly swap out for Flus cuz they still believe in him.

I think the main reasons we can't beat GB, honestly, is hubris. I know that sounds crazy af given our recent record, but we stay losing the SAME exact way to this team over and over and over again:

- We miss a bunch of tackles
- We dont pressure their QB or seem to emphasize the importance of it week of
- We give up too many big plays
- We underwhelm offensively
- We NEVER challenge them deep!

....and the coaches don't prepare to change any of that. They come in thinking they gonna win playing the same script that lacks any kind of advantage or adjustments. It's baffling.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not really hopeful for Harbaugh, but mentioned him as I think that's the ONLY dude they would possibly swap out for Flus cuz they still believe in him.

I think the main reasons we can't beat GB, honestly, is hubris. I know that sounds crazy af given our recent record, but we stay losing the SAME exact way to this team over and over and over again:

- We miss a bunch of tackles
- We dont pressure their QB or seem to emphasize the importance of it week of
- We give up too many big plays
- We underwhelm offensively
- We NEVER challenge them deep!

....and the coaches don't prepare to change any of that. They come in thinking they gonna win playing the same script that lacks any kind of advantage or adjustments. It's baffling.
The reason why I mentioned Harbaugh's name so much the last couple of months is because I know he's a proven winner and he'd change the culture at Halas hall. A perfect example of an organization changing its losing culture is the Cubs. I remember them firing their manager Renteria and hiring Joe Maddon, Renteria was an ok manager but the Cubs went out and got one of the best managers in the game. The recently hired Counsell and fired David Ross. They could have easily kept Ross but they went out and got the best manager in the game. If the Bears wanted to really win then they would do whatever it took to win. Most fans I've seen say Harbaugh ain't coming here and that's because they know the Bears would never make a bold move like that. Year after year it's the same ol fucking thing. No way in hell you will convince me that Matt Eberflus is the guy that will take the Bears to the promise land. We are doomed! Smh! Lol

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin

Bears players are doing exit interviews with Matt Eberflus and Ryan Poles between 7a-4p today. Eberflus said he expects to meet with ownership "mid-week" but did not know the timeline for a when a decision will be made on his future when asked last night. In any event, this one could drag out a couple of days, beyond "Black Monday." In
@tracywolfson
's 4th Q report, she relayed her chat with Bears president/CEO Kevin Warren about where things stand. Per Wolfson, Warren said he and Poles will have their end of the year meeting with coaches after player exit interviews conclude. Wolfson: "One thing [Warren] stressed to me was the importance of stability. They have a stadium plan, a team plan and they have a culture plan and he's been very pleased with what he's seen in terms of the improvement of Justin Fields and this team this year. Kevin Warren mentioned to me his time with Dick Vermeil with the [St. Louis] Rams and how it took until Year 3 to put it all together. He sees this as a similar situation."
My thoughts
1. If Kevin Warren feels the same from his pregame chat after the Packers game, then it seems likely Matt Eberflus stays
2. Kevin Warren is going to have formal media availability this week. Wonder if we get a more concrete timeline on the stadium plan Wolfson mentioned.
3. Dick Vermeil is one of Kevin Warren's longest and most important mentors. Don't underestimate the magnitude of him invoking Vermeil's name/the timeline and structure of those first few years he had with the Rams into guiding what the Bears do next.

8:59 AM · Jan 8, 2024
·
Views

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
That clip was exhibit A of a long list of reasons as to why Getsy needs to get the boot. Shit was painful to watch. Truly unimaginative and almost negligent playcalling. Yes more play makers are needed but without competent playcalling, the results will not change.

For sure. And I think his superiors feel the same way at this point.

Also:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

SAMSOUL

Star
BGOL Investor
The bears need to get rid of all those coaches. Get some receivers. for Justin to throw too. get rod of that dumb GM. Hire a coach that knows how to open up the offence and bring them into the 20th century. Ps There ain't nobody out there better than Fields.