2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
This will be a lame duck year?

Sooooooooooooooo if they keep fields, we know if we don’t make the playoffs next year flus is fired and that’s now 3 coaches for fields with a brand new contract and now Warren will have poles on the hot seat or fire him and thus another broken timeline. The new GM didn’t hire the old GM last coach and the new coach will want his own QB from the last head coach. (Plus new coordinators)

A whole fuck shit show

Well

Atleast we know where harbaugh and belicheck WONT be going. And I can enjoy and follow that story.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor

Sooooooooooooooo if they keep fields, we know if we don’t make the playoffs next year flus is fired and that’s now 3 coaches for fields with a brand new contract and now Warren will have poles on the hot seat or fire him and thus another broken timeline. The new GM didn’t hire the old GM last coach and the new coach will want his own QB from the last head coach. (Plus new coordinators)

A whole fuck shit show

Well

Atleast we know where harbaugh and belicheck WONT be going. And I can enjoy and follow that story.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member

A whole fuck shit show

Well

This is one of your more profound and astute analyses on any topic on the board good sir. Excellent work, and 100% correct. :cheers:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I'm good with this. I think Flus is a good coach and guys played hard for him for 2 shitty seasons. Or 1 super shitty sesson and another that wasn't good enough but we are ascending. They're making necessary changes (Getsy HAD to go) while trying to stay consistently good on Defense.

I'm actually impressed they fired the entire offensive staff and seem to want the new OC to build his own subordinate staff. I think that's smart. NOW, hire an experienced playcaller that will build an offense around the skill we have.

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
All this tells me Fields is gone. I can’t see bringing in a new OC and staff and forcing them to redesign another scheme around Fields. The OL is a few pieces away from being decent, they were serviceable this season. Get those pieces and the new QB and a #2 WR and let’s see where things go.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
All this tells me Fields is gone. I can’t see bringing in a new OC and staff and forcing them to redesign another scheme around Fields. The OL is a few pieces away from being decent, they were serviceable this season. Get those pieces and the new QB and a #2 WR and let’s see where things go.
I can see the whole point being to truly build an offense around the talent we have (or are going to have). Which should have been the mission to begin with. I think Flus didn't know what he didn't know and assumed Getsy would be able to do that, but like most coaches he only really knew "his system" and never adjusted (like the Ravens have done over time with Lamar).

All these coaches like to say they're "multiple" but then many of em choose their way instead of putting the players in the best position based on what they CAN do well. Anyone who comes in should have enough experience to kick out an average offense with the talent on hand.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Let's wait and see where the dust settles.

Like I said, I think Justin needs a change of scenery. I want Caleb Williams to do well, but he is going to be a deer in headlights for the first two years. He is not going to be like that quarterback in Houston, Texas

Reactions: cnc

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Like I said, I think Justin needs a change of scenery. I want Caleb Williams to do well, but he is going to be a deer in headlights for the first two years. He is not going to be like that quarterback in Houston, Texas
Thanks easy, I appreciate your opinion.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
How do you feel about this? This is what the Bears do, who are they going to get as the new coordinator?

It was obvious that Getsy was either inept or didn't believe in Justin and simplified his offense

Much less how he had a offense not designed for Justin initially