2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Bears easily has the worse OLINE in the NFL
they cant run block or pass block effectively.

Caleb missed a lot of throws
Cole Kmet cant block or run a route for shit
when he gets bump off his route.

Question comes on eberflus on his idea of great practices
because it doesnt show on the offensive side of the ball.

Also (..and once AGAIN): sometimes the scheme and play calling doesn't do them any favors. Fine, we need to play better along the line.. but shit, as coaches they have to put their talent in the right positions based on what they can actually do well.

To me it doesn't seem like a physical thing, it seems more mental mistakes (not picking up stunts, penalties). They need to simplify things + run the the ball more and in more traditional ways. Stop being cute and build a simple foundation with some layup plays. Another thing we been saying for years now. Find an identity, then branch out and go deeper into the playbook.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We been saying this for 2-3 years. THEY say it too, but then don't take it serious enough.
That's true but I'm hoping that Poles know that this is his draft pick that he's invested heavily in and he knows that in order for his young QB to be successful, he has to build a legitimate O line around him. Well that's what I hope he does lol

Also he has a QB on a rookie deal, he can spend plenty of money to upgrade that line but he has to sign the right FA's

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Also (..and once AGAIN): sometimes the scheme and play calling doesn't do them any favors. Fine, we need to play better along the line.. but shit, as coaches they have to put their talent in the right positions based on what they can actually do well.

To me it doesn't seem like a physical thing, it seems more mental mistakes (not picking up stunts, penalties). They need to simplify things + run the the ball more and in more traditional ways. Stop being cute and build a simple foundation with some layup plays. Another thing we been saying for years now. Find an identity, then branch out and go deeper into the playbook.
I agree but these dudes can’t move ANYONE off the ball, and Swift isnt a between the center and guard runner, he has to in or outside the tackle and get a block there and maybe someone gets to the 2nd level to open him up. What made Foreman serviceable was he was big enough to get up the middle and deliver punishment to get 3-6 yards a carry on first down. None of the backs on the roster right now can do that.