8 people shot in Downtown Chicago last night. One man pulled out a Glock switch

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I have a couple of happy sticks, but if dudes get one of these with a switch. :smh:

C7A1020__49877.1660551698.jpg

CAA_CAAUSA_CAAMCK_MCK_magazine_drum_drummagazine_50rddrum_50rd_9mm_drum_mk1.jpg

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

'I feel terrified': Inventor of 'Glock switch' technology says he regrets creation

"We have to find a way to control this unleashed bad thing," said Jorge Leon.
a3f5d3003179cbb1c7f7df70bc6abf52.jpg

When Jorge Leon invented at the age of 22 a small device that turns Glock pistols into fully automatic weapons, he said he intended it to be used for the good of society, to help the military and police in his native country of Venezuela.

But 26 years after being granted a U.S. patent for his "fire selector system," U.S. law enforcement officials say his creation is flooding the streets of American cities with these outlawed machine guns and many have fallen into the hands of teenage criminals indiscriminately using them to wreak havoc on communities both large and small.

"After seeing and reading about all those deaths, those unnecessary deaths of youngsters, of police officers, of broken families, I don’t feel nice about that, I don’t feel good," Leon, now 59, told ABC News. "I regret filing that patent because ... my technology, which was very well protected at that time, is free for everybody."

Rising Star
Registered

'I feel terrified': Inventor of 'Glock switch' technology says he regrets creation

"We have to find a way to control this unleashed bad thing," said Jorge Leon.
a3f5d3003179cbb1c7f7df70bc6abf52.jpg

When Jorge Leon invented at the age of 22 a small device that turns Glock pistols into fully automatic weapons, he said he intended it to be used for the good of society, to help the military and police in his native country of Venezuela.

But 26 years after being granted a U.S. patent for his "fire selector system," U.S. law enforcement officials say his creation is flooding the streets of American cities with these outlawed machine guns and many have fallen into the hands of teenage criminals indiscriminately using them to wreak havoc on communities both large and small.

"After seeing and reading about all those deaths, those unnecessary deaths of youngsters, of police officers, of broken families, I don’t feel nice about that, I don’t feel good," Leon, now 59, told ABC News. "I regret filing that patent because ... my technology, which was very well protected at that time, is free for everybody."
i think this is what every weapons person says after they have made millions and millions have died. "I dont feel good about it"

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i think this is what every weapons person says after they have made millions and millions have died. "I dont feel good about it"
Of course he feels bad now that his paten is about to expire. He's lived on it for about 30 years and it has sold enough for his grandchildren to never need work.

Reactions: 305