'A Different World' Sequel Series In Works At Netflix

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

TSDDIWO_NB026-1-e1723054251734.jpg

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
Why though hmmmm. Part of me is curious cause I grew up watching "A Different World" as a teenager.

What made some of these shows in the 80's and especially 90's special was that they were a direct reflection of the era, social climate and times they were filmed in.

The inherently main problem I always find is that any revival of these shows that aired on TV 20 to 40 years ago, it's impossible to recreate, recapture and translate the era and times it was filmed in, and then parlay the same premise of the show in today's world that we live in right now.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoever said Grown-ish was a sequel to a different world is wrong but not totally

Grown-ish did attempt to incorporate some ADW elements and tributes into its show but ultimately it wasn't ADW but it was a necessary show because not every Black person goes to an HBCU and Black kids who attend PWC's deal tons of bullshit that needs to be addressed.

As for the ADW sequel, I don't see why not. All American Homecoming is a good show and topical but at the same time I wanna go back to Hillman and Netflix's budget will allow them to recreate the classic Hillman sets and allow them to show other aspects of HBCU life such the band, greek life and sports that ADW didn't really touch on.

Seeing young Black folks in school and seeing an important character such as Dwayne Wayne come back on screen is healthy, We don't need another Power franchise (or Chi, BMF).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Well to me... this new fresh prince, is pretty good to me..well executed!! So we'll shall see...
yeah, bel-air sequel is cool.

Not every show can pull it off with reboots and we need our people with more fresh ideas to create shows to watch besides crime.

50 cent only knows how to make street movies and nothing else.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
No. Hollywood need to stop smoking that nostalgia pack and come up with some new shit. Just because it worked with fresh Prince doesnt mean this will and no to that martin shit also. I dont want to see a serious and dramatic take on martin.