Gladiator II - Denzel & Ridley Scott,new trailer 9/23/24

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Paul Mescal vs. Pedro Pascal: A First Look at the Epic Gladiator II

GLADIATOR-II-First-Looks-04.jpg

Denzel Washington’s Macrinus is an arms dealer who lives lavishly and keeps a stable of gladiators for sport.

GLADIATOR-II-First-Looks-13.jpg

Paul Mescal’s Lucius washes his hands in the sand, just as Russell Crowe’s Maximus once did in the original Gladiator. The first trailer for Gladiator II will drop July 9.

GLADIATOR-II-First-Looks-02.jpg

Pedro Pascal’s Roman general Acacius is “a man in deep regret with his life and doesn’t know where to go with it,” says director Ridley Scott.

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Lolz Denzel said fuck it….”I’m playing Alonzo in Ancient Rome.”

I was liking the trailer til the music (No Church in the Wild) took me out of it. Will probably catch it in the movies, but we really didn’t need this film. Love the genre though, so why not?

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was liking the trailer til the music (No Church in the Wild) took me out of it. Will probably catch it in the movies, but we really didn’t need this film. Love the genre though, so why not?

Yea the music definitely was a choice lol

But is not the first time I heard that jayz song in a trailer

I remember I bought the gladiator soundtrack from the first movie it was so good

I don’t trust Ridley Scott to make a good movie anymore
But I don’t think Denzel would have agreed to do this if he thought it would be a bad movie
I hope

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yea the music definitely was a choice lol

But is not the first time I heard that jayz song in a trailer

I remember I bought the gladiator soundtrack from the first movie it was so good

I don’t trust Ridley Scott to make a good movie anymore
But I don’t think Denzel would have agreed to do this if he thought it would be a bad movie
I hope

Definitely a choice. Ridley was like "We have one Black guy in the trailer, let's play a Rap song". Lolz he ain't slick.

It annoys me when I see a film or movie trailer for a period piece where modern or contemporary music is used. It takes me right out of the experience.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh, so Ridley Scott can work with black people??? I mean he made such a stink about black and brown people working on a movie based in Egypt for Exodus.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Definitely a choice. Ridley was like "We have one Black guy in the trailer, let's play a Rap song". Lolz he ain't slick.

It annoys me when I see a film or movie trailer for a period piece where modern or contemporary music is used. It takes me right out of the experience.
Definitely some covert racism.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Denzel worked with his brother a lot
Tony Scott

Crimson tide
Unstoppable
Deja vu
The taking of Pelham

Tony Scott committed suicide some years ago
Maybe that’s why he agreed to be in this

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Interesting

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
looks like an epic movie like the old movies from the 50s Ben Hur,10 Commandments etc