A Martin prequel series ‘YOUNG MARTIN’ is in the works / Martin Lawrence is set to exec produce

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
young martin? these negros corny nobody will come close
but surprise me

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I bet Bel Air was racist as fuk & Uncle Phil & Aunt Viv had to endure all of that, that would be some drama. I hope Uncle Phil didn't say "How come the white folks don't want us?" and then cries.
:cool:

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Young Sheldon treatment for Martin, I like it.
Maybe get some of the "Everybody hates Chris" writers on board and it'll do well.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same thing I was thinking. Martin comedic presence is hard to replicate. It would take some creative writing and the right actor/comedian to pull it off. I think an animated route wouldn't be too bad.
Yeah because in animation you can still pull off his mannerisms…someone trying to emulate Martin is gonna be wild lol….

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah because in animation you can still pull off his mannerisms…someone trying to emulate Martin is gonna be wild lol….
And he could still voice the character. Plenty of good voice actors if he wasn't up for it.

The drama angle could be good too. The script and acting just has to be on point.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And he could still voice the character. Plenty of good voice actors if he wasn't up for it.

The drama angle could be good too. The script and acting just has to be on point.
Yeah worst case you can do some editing and speed some things up or change the pitch….i have more faith in them taking a drama approach then the comedy one.

Curtwalk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do we get to see a young Jerome
Middle Aged Miss Gerri and Ol’ Otis
Young Stan running scams
I hope they don’t get some cross dressing dude playing Mrs.Payne

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have no problems with it....

If Cacs can spin off Young Sheldon for 7 seasons... We can get a season or 2 of Young Martin...
The difference is, you had a very popular character, from a popular show, starting immediately after the parent show ended. Martin ended nearly 30 years ago. Young Sheldon began with momentum from a still popular parent show, Young Martin would begin from a standstill.