Alkaline Artesian Water

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I read that the acid in your stomach neutralizes the alkaline in alkaline water, so in essence its nothing more than a gimmick.. Anyone hear anything else on the subject that can refute this?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Drank alot of it last summer. Used to add lemons to it. Just to add the alkalinity to it.

But was one of the cheaper brands for the amount and the level of alkalinity. Just hard to get now.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Drank alot of it last summer. Used to add lemons to it. Just to add the alkalinity to it.

But was one of the cheaper brands for the amount and the level of alkalinity. Just hard to get now.
But how is it supposed to work vs the acid in your stomach?

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get some filtered water from your local super market store brand is fine and squeeze lemons in it. You make it alkaline yourself plus it's filtered. Problem solved they milk people on this expensive shit. Ain't no secrets to to living right people just marketing shit as a multi billion dollar industry. Save you money ain't know such thing as Magic water.

21.59 for a 6 pack of 64oz fuck No

Lapdanceking

Star
Registered
The “alkaline” in alkaline water refers to its pH level. The pH level is a number that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is on a scale of 0-14. For example, something with a pH of 1 would be very acidic, and something with a pH of 13 would be very alkaline.

Alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, some advocates of alkaline water believe it can neutralize the acid in your body. Normal drinking water is generally a neutral pH of 7. Alkaline water generally has a pH of 8 or 9.
Natural or Artificial?

Water that is naturally alkaline occurs when water passes over rocks – like springs – and picks up minerals, which increase its alkaline level. There are companies that sell products, like ionizers, that claim to make water alkaline through a chemical process called electrolysis. Makers of ionizers say electricity is used to separate molecules in the water that are more acidic or more alkaline. Although some doctors and researchers say these claims are not backed quality research.

A study published by the World Health Organization cautions against drinking low-mineral content water on a regular basis.
Where Do You Get It?

Alkaline water can be bought in many grocery or health food stores. Water ionizers are sold in many large chain stores as well.

You can also make your own at home. Even though lemon and lime juice is acidic, they contain minerals that can change the composition of water. Adding a squeeze of lemon or lime to a glass of water can make your water more alkaline. Adding pH drops is another way to make water more alkaline. It’s important to use distilled water when making alkaline water because tap water or bottled water may have other additives.
Does It Really Work?

Alkaline water is a somewhat controversial topic. Many health professionals argue against its use, saying there isn’t enough research to support the many health claims made by users and sellers. According to Mayo Clinic, regular water is best for most people as there is no scientific evidence that fully verifies the claims made by alkaline water proponents.

However, there are a few studies that suggest alkaline water might be helpful for certain conditions. For example, a 2012 study found that drinking alkaline water with a pH of 8.8 can help deactivate pepsin, which is the main enzyme that causes acid reflux. Another study suggested that drinking alkaline water may have benefits for people who suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.

http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/alkaline-water-benefits-risks#2

People who drink dasani and eat at Mcdonalds will always look for reasons not to change their lifestyles.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny, I'm drinking Evamor as we speak. It's pretty inexpensive at the Fresh Grover on 40th St in Philly. Another one I like is REAL Water. Shit is pretty expensive in Philly, but I saw it for OD cheap at H.E.B. when I was in Texas. I refuse to buy it now in Philly since I know it shouldn't be that much.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
The “alkaline” in alkaline water refers to its pH level. The pH level is a number that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is on a scale of 0-14. For example, something with a pH of 1 would be very acidic, and something with a pH of 13 would be very alkaline.

Alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, some advocates of alkaline water believe it can neutralize the acid in your body. Normal drinking water is generally a neutral pH of 7. Alkaline water generally has a pH of 8 or 9.
Natural or Artificial?

Water that is naturally alkaline occurs when water passes over rocks – like springs – and picks up minerals, which increase its alkaline level. There are companies that sell products, like ionizers, that claim to make water alkaline through a chemical process called electrolysis. Makers of ionizers say electricity is used to separate molecules in the water that are more acidic or more alkaline. Although some doctors and researchers say these claims are not backed quality research.

A study published by the World Health Organization cautions against drinking low-mineral content water on a regular basis.
Where Do You Get It?

Alkaline water can be bought in many grocery or health food stores. Water ionizers are sold in many large chain stores as well.

You can also make your own at home. Even though lemon and lime juice is acidic, they contain minerals that can change the composition of water. Adding a squeeze of lemon or lime to a glass of water can make your water more alkaline. Adding pH drops is another way to make water more alkaline. It’s important to use distilled water when making alkaline water because tap water or bottled water may have other additives.
Does It Really Work?

Alkaline water is a somewhat controversial topic. Many health professionals argue against its use, saying there isn’t enough research to support the many health claims made by users and sellers. According to Mayo Clinic, regular water is best for most people as there is no scientific evidence that fully verifies the claims made by alkaline water proponents.

However, there are a few studies that suggest alkaline water might be helpful for certain conditions. For example, a 2012 study found that drinking alkaline water with a pH of 8.8 can help deactivate pepsin, which is the main enzyme that causes acid reflux. Another study suggested that drinking alkaline water may have benefits for people who suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol.

http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/alkaline-water-benefits-risks#2

People who drink dasani and eat at Mcdonalds will always look for reasons not to change their lifestyles.

But how is it supposed get to the blood stream after being neutralized by the stomach acids?:confused:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but an actual brother in his mid 50's that looked 39 told me about how it helped him recover from a spinal injury he was in a few years ago. His recovery time was cut literally in half and when I heard this story from someone who looked like me and just shared this knowledge (something blacks need to do more) then I was sold.
He did mention that adding a lemon to your water while at a restaurant does the same thing if you don't have access.

blackmarket

Saving all my fucks for retirement
BGOL Investor
Do it my dude, I'm glad money mentioned Evamor over other brands, not just for its high alkalinity but I'm pretty sure the best ORP (oxygen reduction potential) of any commercial alkaline brands. ORP basically determines how much its oxidizing or reducing oxygen levels in your body.

The higher the ORP the worse it is, youre looking for negative levels or at least something under 50. Most of your alkaline brands are in the 100s and Im talkin 6 or 700 Evamor is negative up to the teens. I swear by it, if I cant get that Essentia is good, Real Water (in the blue bottles), Trader Joes has a store brand alkaline thats ok too. I dig Icelandic but dont have as much info about it.

All these brands are 9 and above. All that other alkaline water stays on the shelf. Anybody arguing against alkaline water is grossly misinformed or misguiding you on purpose.
For Your Health!

blackmarket

Saving all my fucks for retirement
BGOL Investor
Funny, I'm drinking Evamor as we speak. It's pretty inexpensive at the Fresh Grover on 40th St in Philly. Another one I like is REAL Water. Shit is pretty expensive in Philly, but I saw it for OD cheap at H.E.B. when I was in Texas. I refuse to buy it now in Philly since I know it shouldn't be that much.

:yes::yes:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but an actual brother in his mid 50's that looked 39 told me about how it helped him recover from a spinal injury he was in a few years ago. His recovery time was cut literally in half and when I heard this story from someone who looked like me and just shared this knowledge (something blacks need to do more) then I was sold.
He did mention that adding a lemon to your water while at a restaurant does the same thing if you don't have access.

Adding lemon is good for dealing with your hunger because of the way it interacts with your stomach acids.. However, I fail to see how people are getting benefits form alkaline water you would not get from plain clean water alone..
Maybe I am missing something or perhaps its the old placebo effect taking over..
So far everyone is tap-dancing around the question instead of trying to reason with it...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
If you don't read anything or see any video on the subject, you guys should really look at this...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
But how is it supposed to work vs the acid in your stomach?
"They say" it's different from countertop machines that make the water alkaline, than when you get water that is naturally alkaline with minerals in it.

If you want to have water that is pretty much at it's peak of "good for you", I would think some alkaline water, with lemons squeezed in and add some Himalayan Pink Salt to it.

Will check the vid you posted as well. Been a long debated topic but I know lemons do work to make your body more alkaline.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
"They say" it's different from countertop machines that make the water alkaline, than when you get water that is naturally alkaline with minerals in it.

If you want to have water that is pretty much at it's peak of "good for you", I would think some alkaline water, with lemons squeezed in and add some Himalayan Pink Salt to it.

Will check the vid you posted as well. Been a long debated topic but I know lemons do work to make your body more alkaline.

You really need to watch the 2nd video I posted, pure ether on the subject... A subject that concerns me because my daughter is battling cancer and everyone and their mother is giving me health tips, and I am the type of guy that love to research before subscribing to any diet or fad, no matter how promising it sounds, especially when they want o you invest and make money off of it...
But the video is pure facts and some of it is common sense facts also, in other words it makes sense... But hey you check it, then get back at me..

DaddyDiesel

Rising Star
OG Investor
Appreciate the drop OP, will definitely look into this more. I drink the bottled Nestle water with lemon squeezed in it, but will check out this Evamor when I find it.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Appreciate the drop OP, will definitely look into this more. I drink the bottled Nestle water with lemon squeezed in it, but will check out this Evamor when I find it.

But where are your scientific proof that any of this stuff even works?

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor

How would adding an acid increase the alkalinity? :confused:

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why can't you just a pinch of baking soda to filtered water to get alkaline water? I've been doing that for months.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
How would adding an acid increase the alkalinity? :confused:
Lemons in water when digested your body becomes more alkaline. There are vids on YouTube explaining why it can, Google it also.

One of the things scientists can't explain why, but it just is.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lemons in water when digested your body becomes more alkaline. There are vids on YouTube explaining why it can, Google it also.

Scientists cant explain it, but YouTube can. :confused:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
OK here is a bit of common sense that everyone is overlooking... If alkaline kills germs and acids promote them, why is it that its the acid from bacteria waste that causes tooth decay... Now if bacteria eats acid wtf are they doing excreting it? Plus why is it that the area that deal and kill germs are also the most acidic, your skin, your stomach, your bowls a woman's vagina (don't the acid in there kill most sperm) and your mouth....
Where is the proof that alkaline even kills germs and cancer?

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Alkaline water is a multi billion dollar industry that invest heavely in creating bullshit youtube videos and google adds... Notice you can easily find information there but you can't find one shred of facts that are not from an add or sponsor..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Common sense would tell any fool that once you swallow this alkaline water and as soon as it hit the acid vat that is full of gastric acid or hydrochloric acid (HCl), there is no way in hell that that water will be able to keep its PH balanced enough to make a dent in your body PH balance...:smh:
Matter of fact if that were the case all you have to do is take a few tums everyday...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Common sense would tell any fool that once you swallow this alkaline water and as soon as it hit the acid vat that is full of gastric acid or hydrochloric acid (HCl), there is no way in hell that that water will be able to keep its PH balanced enough to make a dent in your body PH balance...:smh:
Matter of fact if that were the case all you have to do is take a few tums everyday...
It's why I was saying earlier, there are the machines that make the water and there is a diff when water comes from its source, meaning natural springs that is higher in alkaline and minerals.

Yes, agreed that whatever enters the stomach will be neutralized by the acid present but that doesn't mean that drink whatever and make your stomach do more work.

That means that I should drink an acidic drink over one with more alkaline. That's where the guys in that video are off.

One should not drink or eat healthier for one day expecting a miracle overnight, but over time your body does make a difference. I've seen it in myself and others.

Water alone will not make you more alkaline, and when I say more alkaline I am talking in fighting off diseases and such.

Prevention is better than cure.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
It's why I was saying earlier, there are the machines that make the water and there is a diff when water comes from its source, meaning natural springs that is higher in alkaline and minerals.

Yes, agreed that whatever enters the stomach will be neutralized by the acid present but that doesn't mean that drink whatever and make your stomach do more work.

That means that I should drink an acidic drink over one with more alkaline. That's where the guys in that video are off.

One should not drink or eat healthier for one day expecting a miracle overnight, but over time your body does make a difference. I've seen it in myself and others.

Water alone will not make you more alkaline, and when I say more alkaline I am talking in fighting off diseases and such.

Prevention is better than cure.

But you have not explained to me how alkaline kills disease.... Like I said, the places in your body that has to fight off disease are all acidy, your skin, mouth, stomach and a woman's vagina... How would you explain this? Especially knowing that a woman vagina acid is there specifically to fight off germs and sperm... This is why women get infections if they douche too much....
Again why do our teeth decay, because the bacteria secretes acid that corrodes our teeth... If they like acid so much, why are they shitting it out as waste?
But all of that aside, according to science other than hyperventilating, there is little one can do to change the PH balance of ones blood..

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
But you have not explained to me how alkaline kills disease.... Like I said, the places in your body that has to fight off disease are all acidy, your skin, mouth, stomach and a woman's vagina... How would you explain this? Especially knowing that a woman vagina acid is there specifically to fight off germs and sperm... This is why women get infections if they douche too much....
Again why do our teeth decay, because the bacteria secretes acid that corrodes our teeth... If they like acid so much, why are they shitting it out as waste?
But all of that aside, according to science other than hyperventilating, there is little one can do to change the PH balance of ones blood..
First off, I don't have any "books", so I'm not the know it all, am not a doctor. Was an EMT and have a general awareness of the body overall.

Yes some areas are more acidic than others but overall, your general body in a more acidic state will become sick. Of you constantly feed it bad or acidic foods, do you think it will just automatically heal itself quicker then of you gave it healthy and alkaline rich foods?

The question is what are you really asking about water or something else. Water alone will not cure disease. The whole point I was making was it's better to enrich water with alkalizing effects like lemons, sea salt as it will be better than drinking normal bottled water without any additives.

Doesn't mean you have to break your neck to go buy it. I don't. Water is not the cure all. But it's better than drinking sugary drinks like soda or juice.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
First off, I don't have any "books", so I'm not the know it all, am not a doctor. Was an EMT and have a general awareness of the body overall.

Yes some areas are more acidic than others but overall, your general body in a more acidic state will become sick. Of you constantly feed it bad or acidic foods, do you think it will just automatically heal itself quicker then of you gave it healthy and alkaline rich foods?

The question is what are you really asking about water or something else. Water alone will not cure disease. The whole point I was making was it's better to enrich water with alkalizing effects like lemons, sea salt as it will be better than drinking normal bottled water without any additives.

Doesn't mean you have to break your neck to go buy it. I don't. Water is not the cure all. But it's better than drinking sugary drinks like soda or juice.
I agree... Eat healthy, stay hydrated and work out, and with good genes and a touch of luck you should be ok... All that other stuff is designed to jack your money..:cool:

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
170553d1362928150-necks-av-pure-vintage-64-compared-60s-mim-classic-3240092_com_3192526_man_eating_popcorn_while_watching_movie-jpg

Looking at the comments of you Internet scientists​