Any Euro '24 (Soccer) discussion thread in here yet?

Ziongate

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The European nations Football championship is on and I wonder if there has been any discussions on here yet.
England Vrs Serbia is on now with England leading 1-0 @ 21 minutes into it.
Game is on FOX

parisian

International
International Member
so far, the favorite teams have won (Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Netherlands)
The English have a lot of support, but I suspect they will end up disappointing as usual
let's see how France look on Monday and Portugal on Tuesday

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Serbia can get a draw here if they step it up.

They certainly have the attacking quality against this backline England is using.

Ziongate

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
83P23JQ2_400x400.jpg
F_JJPHXboAA2SaL

I think Serbia can get a draw here if they step it up.

They certainly have the attacking quality against this backline England is using.
I think so too. The English players looking tired right now

Last edited:

madgoose

International
International Member

You two might want to leave that thinking stuff to people who do!

HIGHLIGHTS - Serbia v England | #EURO2024 | ITV Sport​

One nil is good enough for us.

We got Denmark next on the 20th followed by Slovenia on 25th so plenty of rest for the players between games. Hopefully England will not do their usual of relaxing and playing a defensive game when they are ahead and push to increase their advantage.

Horror moment German cops shoot axeman carrying Molotov cocktail near Euros fan zone​

Last edited:

madgoose

International
International Member
FRANCE Vs NETHERLANDS

Xavi Simons Disallowed Goal.
The Dutch were blatantly robbed!
5 minutes waiting for the VAR decision?

I thought that the indecision was that the Dutch player was possibly offside, but NO the final decision was that the Dutch player obstructed the French goal keeper from getting to the ball. In my opinion the goal keeper, whose line of sight may well have been blocked by the players did not really make a committed effort to get to the ball and save it. The Dutch player was never offside, he turned toward the centre line when the ball was cleared from the goal and although there was no French player behind him, and in accordance with the rules he turned his direction as the ball passed him, which is a legal move.

Dutch should have won that game 1-0.

Netherlands vs France HIGHLIGHTS (0-0) | EURO 2024 | Xavi Simons Goal vs France.​

XAVI SIMONS GOAL DISALLOWED BY VAR EXPLAINED​

@keone any comments?

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Croatia and Belgium have been big disappointments this year. Portugal and Turkey will be a fun game today.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
England and the US are the exact same.

Generational talents and player pools are stacked yet led by two absolute dickheads parading as managers.

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those in the know, starting with Sir Alex Ferguson, say that the English leauge schedule is to blame. They simply play too much football. Yeah, they're young, but it's a matter of a Premiership player lets say playing 90% of 38 games, plus three domestic competittions, including the FA and Carabo Cup, no break during Christmas/New Years. Ferguson says they're "exhausted" both physically and mentally by the time of the customary June and July break - when the Euro and World Cups are traditionally played. Then they're asked to play for their nation.

I got no stats to back it up, but I'd put up some money that no player, english or not, who is in the premiership plays well in June and July.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Those in the know, starting with Sir Alex Ferguson, say that the English leauge schedule is to blame. They simply play too much football. Yeah, they're young, but it's a matter of a Premiership player lets say playing 90% of 38 games, plus three domestic competittions, including the FA and Carabo Cup, no break during Christmas/New Years. Ferguson says they're "exhausted" both physically and mentally by the time of the customary June and July break - when the Euro and World Cups are traditionally played. Then they're asked to play for their nation.

I got no stats to back it up, but I'd put up some money that no player, english or not, who is in the premiership plays well in June and July.
They def play too many games.

Ziongate

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Ref is going to fuck this game up... Making Mainoo playing scared.
4 Yellow Cards under 20 minutes 3 going to England

madgoose

International
International Member
England was very lucky to turn that game around. All through this tournament they have been lucky. They get a goal and then slow it down when they should be trying to get that 2nd or 3rd goal then slow it down.
Look at how Georgia is playing, they are going for it. No prima donnas, no egos just passion and hunger.
I'm starting think that these players do not want to give it their all in an International game in case they pick up an injury that will affect their club appearances or put them out of the game for a season or even totally finish their careers. So much diving, dragging and a lot of dramatics a lot of which is totally unnecessary and ruins the flow of the game.

madgoose

International
International Member
Renaldo's way past his "best before date" now,

he ain't got the legs to keep up with the youngsters.

His coaching/management days are not far away now.

Slovenia played well, they were hungry and wanted to put there country on the map, watched out for them in the future. Portugal's passing was tidy, compared to England's anyway. England were bloody lucky yesterday they need to keep pressing for goals all the time, for the whole 90 minutes!