Anyone else find it odd that basketball the only sport where former and active athletes debate how another player is better than them?

Skydove

BANNED
Registered

I mean aren’t you supposed to think you are the GOAT? I don’t hear Floyd talking about how Ali is GOAT over him. Or Mahomes arguing Brady is GOAT over him. Or Aaron Donald how Reggie White was the best or Deion Sanders how Ed Reed is the best over everyone.

Or Ben Hogan how Tiger Woods is the goat. In the spirit of competition how does one concede that another player is better than them? I don’t know how you can compete at your best if you think your opponent is the greatest ever. I couldn’t.

Ironically basketball is the only sport where athletes wanna team up & play with their friends and make super teams. No true rivals in the sport either.

afrosoul

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol ask the top US men's soccer player if he thinks he's better than Messi or Ronaldo.

And while your at it, ask the 3rd string quarterback on the Detroit Lions if he thinks he's better than Brady.

Skydove

BANNED
Registered
Lol ask the top US men's soccer player if he thinks he's better than Messi or Ronaldo.

And while you’re at it, ask the 3rd string quarterback on the Detroit Lions if he thinks he's better than Brady.
How bout while I’m at it I ask a top 10 qb if Brady is better then he was…..

afrosoul

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How bout while I’m at it I ask a top 10 qb if Brady is better then he was….
Go ahead. Dak Prescot may say he believes he's better than Brady because that's what he's supposed to say but we know that's bullshit.

The point is there's a difference between posturing and reality. And sometimes reality is strong enough to obfuscate any posturing.

Skydove

BANNED
Registered
Go ahead. Dak Prescot may say he believes he's better than Brady because that's what he's supposed to say but we know that's bullshit.

The point is there's a difference between posturing and reality. And sometimes reality is strong enough to obfuscate any posturing.
I’m talking top 10 all time. Not top 10 currently. The point you missing is the entire post

afrosoul

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

afrosoul

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's also false that basketball is the only team where stars form super teams. Zidane Ronaldo and Bekham formed galacticos 20 years ago.

Messi had a super team with Suarez and Neymar in Barcelona and engineered another super team in Paris with Mbappe and Neymar