Anyone on here suffer from Plantar fasciitis, heel pain?

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
iu

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
No special shoe.
I had it years ago, wrapped my foot up every night and dealt with the pain until it fixed itself by staying active.
Sudden activity after long periods of sedentary lifestyle triggered it.
Went from unemployed on my ass to speed walking through a 300 acre corporate campus.

Edit: this is not medical advice, I had no insurance at the time and researched the fuck out of it like I do with most of my ailments.

SirRahX

Recluse
BGOL Investor
lose a little weight and pick up a pair of joe biden's

Them Hoka's are popular but ugly as fuck. Going from "Jordan" to those is a stretch for me. There's also a shoe called Kurus I've been checking out. Hoping to find some New Balance, Sacouny, Brooks or the right Nike running shoe that helps with the heel pain.
Rolling on a Frozen water bottle
Special wraps
Rolling on a golf ball or tennis ball
Constant stretching
I seen a podiatrist and went to therapy. Did a lot of them stretches. I got the foot rollers and gun Massager/percussionist that help. Havnt tried the frozen water bottle yet. Just need to find that right shoe or insert for that day at work.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
I had that shit about a decade ago from wearing running shoes while hooping, my dumb ass. Like brothaz said on here: stretch that shit out. roll yo foot iced water bottle, use a ice pack, and eventually it will go away on its own. My plantar fasciitis went away in less than a yr. I had it towards my toes middle of my foot. It shouldn't take you out just workout lighter or keep at same rate if you can deal with the pain.

Mookie323

Star
Platinum Member
I had it before and in my opinion, nothing worked but rest and staying off my feet. Arch support worked slightly. Cortisone shot only lasted a day. if you have it, stay off your feet. Took me about 6 weeks to feel 100%.

SirRahX

Recluse
BGOL Investor

witmoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My old lady fucked her feet up a few years ago she jogs like 4 days a week and the doctor said she had plantar fasciitis in both her feet and she was down bad. She spent a boatload of money on Asics and Brooks. New Balance got a couple of hundred at first but the Brooks are the go to. The key is to buy a new pair about every 6 months don't walk or run on worn out kickz

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I got some soles for my boots that supposedly addressed the issues…

That started around 12’ I’ll say I’m good

Kinda don’t recall when it stopped

MasonPH650

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last year I had it so bad that I could barely walk first thing in the morning or after sitting for long periods of time. I have flat feet but they never bothered me until I got older. I first had bad foot pain about ten years ago and the podiatrist put me on to Powerstep insoles. They hurt like hell the first few days but they have a procedure to acclimate to them. Within the week the pain was gone. This latest round of plantar fasciitis found me getting injections and going back to the Powerstep insoles.

What do you wear around the house? If it's cheap Walmart house shoes with no support or barefoot then stop it immediately. I use a pair of Oofos recovery slides in the house and that makes a world of difference. So much so that I can feel the pain returning within an hour of not wearing them.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I binge out now and then.

Flat footed. Didnt know until the Doc told me I was. Me not wearing shoes with arch support was part of the problem.
I got the heavy duty ones, i figure more cushion. I'm 175lbs. So far so good!

I found out, it was too much sugar in my diet, and not enough working out.... foot pain gone,

once I changed my diet.. you may want to try to cut down on sugar and see how you feel..

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I found out, it was too much sugar in my diet, and not enough working out.... foot pain gone,

once I changed my diet.. you may want to try to cut down on sugar and see how you feel..

Cutting sugar wont fix flat feet, he told you to cut sugar because you were fat and probably causing your feet to swell.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cutting sugar wont fix flat feet, he told you to cut sugar because you were fat and probably causing your feet to swell.

Yea I went through a non working out phase and got skinny fat and felt terrible...all through the plandemic called covid...

so you may have a point...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
As others have said - stretching your toes back towards you with a towel is probably the best relief. Cortazone I only had once but it was great. Needle hurt like fuck tho.
From what docs have told me it has nothing to do with sugar intake or weight. It's the bundle of nerves in your heel that tangle themselves up. Orthotics may help to correct your stride and posture and that's never a bad thing but they don't directly address the plantar.