Apple TV+ - Severance

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Anybody watching? Shit kinda ill

S/O SLAM

Adam Scott leads a team at Lumon Industries, whose employees have undergone a severance procedure, which surgically divides their memories between their work and personal lives. This daring experiment in “work-life balance” is called into question as Mark finds himself at the center of an unraveling mystery that will force him to confront the true nature of his work… and of himself.

Last edited:

bubba2k5

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been watching since it’s release. Great premise and solid cast, but the pace is slow as hell. I end up playing on my phone or nodding off when I watch it. Hopefully it’ll pick up eventually.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Watched the first episode. was kind of :yawn: until one of the characters pointed out that for the work "persona" since they don't have memories of a personal life, their entire existence is being at work... like their entire life is being in that office. work 8 to 5... then it's instantly 8 again. :eek2: :smh:

(to be more accurate you get in the elevator at the end of the day. the door closes and when it opens again, it's the beginning of the new day)

I got so caught up thinking about it (as well as the other side of it: you show up for work in the morning...change clothes- clock in, get in the elevator...when the doors open, you get out, change clothes again, and go home) by the time I finally looked back at the screen, some interesting shit was happening.

Last edited:

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This show is great, especially the last few episodes.

I just started a 1 year free trial of apple tv, and I liked everything I have watched so far. All the shows that have dropped in the last couple weeks are really good. I even enjoyed that goofy House Party show.

If they can keep up this pace, after the trial is over I might end up dropping nexflix for apple tv.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
This show is incredible! Binged it recently and couldn’t get enough. Really loved it. The aesthetic, the critique, the acting — this is that slow burn Sci-Fi I been missing :yes:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
This show is incredible! Binged it recently and couldn’t get enough. Really loved it. The aesthetic, the critique, the acting — this is that slow burn Sci-Fi I been missing :yes:
yeah man. it was right on time, sci fi be having dry spells like a mf

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Anybody watching? Shit kinda ill

S/O SLAM

Adam Scott leads a team at Lumon Industries, whose employees have undergone a severance procedure, which surgically divides their memories between their work and personal lives. This daring experiment in “work-life balance” is called into question as Mark finds himself at the center of an unraveling mystery that will force him to confront the true nature of his work… and of himself.

This was one of the best shows I’ve seen since game of thrones before the last season

10/10

It starts out slow at first but picks up fast

Strong co-signs. Im gonna have to check this out.