Artificial intelligence A.i. shit

Kemo07

Rising Star
Registered
Wow. :eek:

Meanwhile, in the U.S. they worried about teaching kids about pronouns, confusing them, and lowering academic standards. I guess this means even more immigrants will make up U.S. graduate programs in the future. This the wrong time in history for the west to go batshit.
Out of all the recent education changes we’re seeing in this country….interesting things to point out

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Out of all the recent education changes we’re seeing in this country….interesting things to point out

I get his point though. We're having culture wars and there's something looming that's gonna affect us all, regardless of race, orientation, etc. While a bad candidate, I always give Andrew Yang credit for speaking loudly and consistently in the 2020 election lead-up about A.I. and the need for universal basic income. I thought it would be a 2030s kinda problem. Talk about being wrong.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I get his point though. We're having culture wars and there's something looming that's gonna affect us all, regardless of race, orientation, etc. While a bad candidate, I always give Andrew Yang credit for speaking loudly and consistently in the 2020 election lead-up about A.I. and the need for universal basic income. I thought it would be a 2030s kinda problem. Talk about being wrong.
might still be but this has been a discussion for at least 3 decades
the internet just speed it up
me and my cuz was talkin about this late 90s look at how many companies didnt survive the internet fase
cause they didnt see the future

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

Now explain how that's different than having security asking you to pull down your mask so the camera can record your face? That was happening years before AI. This dude is just caught up on the fact that there's a computer voice saying to look at the camera.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Wow. :eek:

Meanwhile, in the U.S. they worried about teaching kids about pronouns, confusing them, and lowering academic standards. I guess this means even more immigrants will make up U.S. graduate programs in the future. This the wrong time in history for the west to go batshit.
You mean they teach kids grammar nowadays? That's crazy.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Humanoid robot-maker Figure partners with OpenAI and gets backing from Jeff Bezos and tech giants

ChatGPT-maker OpenAI is looking to fuse its artificial intelligence systems into the bodies of humanoid robots as part of a new deal with robotics startup Figure.

BY MATT O’BRIEN
February 29, 2024

65e04ad3ce7f1785b2e4d29a

02232024_Figure_AI-1_144217.jpg

65e0979aa64ba9.53646543.jpeg

AI engineer Jenna Reher works on humanoid robot Figure 01 at Figure AI's test facility in Sunnyvale, Calif., Oct. 3, 2023. ChatGPT-maker OpenAI is looking to fuse its artificial intelligence systems into the bodies of humanoid robots as part of a new deal with robotics startup Figure. Sunnyvale, California-based Figure announced the partnership Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024, along with $675 million in venture capital funding from a group that includes Amazon founder Jeff Bezos as well as Microsoft, chipmaker Nvidia and the startup-funding divisions of Amazon, Intel and OpenAI.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
China's New AI 'Supermind' Deepens Challenge to U.S.

China is building a vast, AI-based intelligence platform dubbed "Supermind" to track millions of scientists and researchers around the world so it can hoover up breakthrough technologies for industry and the military, according to a person with close knowledge of the project and public sources reviewed by Newsweek.

By Didi Kirsten Tatlow
Feb 29, 2024

IMG_900C0F822391_1.jpeg

Marvel Comics “The Supreme Intelligence”

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
See the humanoid work robot OpenAI is bringing to life with artificial intelligence

The developer of ChatGPT, the generative AI technology that has set the world abuzz, said it's investing in Figure, a California company that makes robots for the workplace. OpenAI and Figure will also join forces to develop AI technology aimed at helping robots "process and reason from language," the companies announced in a news release.

By Alain Sherter
Edited By Anne Marie Lee
February 29, 2024

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
California restaurant incorporates kitchen robots and AI

The burger joint uses a grill robot by Cucina and "Flippy," a robot from Miso Robotics that can handle frying. Both robots can make quite a lot of food: Flippy can make 250 pounds of French fries an hour, and the grill robot can cook about 100 patties in that time. Neither machine needs a break or a day off.

By Joy benedict, Kerry Breen
January 27, 2024

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Toyota's new soft humanoid picks things up with its whole body

By Loz Blain
February 28, 2024

Punyo is a torso-up soft humanoid robot designed to pick things up using its arms, chest and shoulders instead of just its hands

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Unitree's H1 humanoid breaks world speed record and tackles stairs

China's Unitree Robotics is claiming a new world speed record for its H1 humanoid robot. In a just-released video, the bipedal bot is pictured hustling along at a claimed 3.3 meters per second (11.9 km/h or 7.4 mph) … and the fun doesn't stop there.

By Ben Coxworth
March 01, 2024

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Looks like Amazon won’t be hiring…

Video: Long, lanky humanoid robots get to work at Amazon facility

By Michael Franco
March 08, 2024

Digit is currently being trialed as a way to relieve workers of difficult repetitive tasks, not relieve them of their jobs, says Amazon

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Apollo humanoid robots join the Mercedes-Benz assembly line

Apollo will help lighten the load for its human coworkers, freeing them up for more important tasks.

Christopher McFadden
Mar 16, 2024

mercedes-robots.jpg

A Mercedes Apollo robot walks through a factory.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
'Elon, what are you doing?': Joe Rogan flipped out when he saw Tesla's Optimus Gen 2 robots moving 'exactly like a person' and even gently holding eggs

“God damn it Elon, what are you doing?” Rogan said as he viewed Tesla’s Optimus video during a recent episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast.

Jing Pan
February 27, 2024

f8b925e19353bbca35f7f2fd08d1983c

'Elon, what are you doing?': Joe Rogan flipped out when he saw Tesla's Optimus Gen 2 robots moving 'exactly like a person' and even gently holding eggs