Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
IMG_20110712_173213.jpg

IMG_20110712_173232.jpg

With the rest of the geeks

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Just got back good movie good finish to the series.

If you like the previous movies you will definitely like this on. I felt that part 1 of deathly hallows dragged, but this one really did pick up the pace nicely and move you to the finish.

For those that read the books, they did a decent job of fitting in the necesary items. There were some items that from the previews had me pissed off but once I saw it I see how it was needed for movie drama.

I saw it for free but it would be worth the price of admission.

piffsponsa

BGOL's Weeded Soldier
BGOL Investor
Good lookin' out on the review.
I'm takin' my son to see it on friday.
his ass been buggin' me about that shit for damn near a month now.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
was going to try to see the midnight show but got some work stuff the next day that's a big deal.

Gonna Fandango tickets for me and my oldest for friday evening.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
funny. i was there at that location. bgol represent! i didn't think the board would care about harry potter tho. lol.

on top of that i only read the first book and only saw the first two movies and the first half of this one. i didn't know what the fuck was going on.

Last edited:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
funny. i was there at that location. bgol represent! i didn't think the board would care about harry potter tho. lol.

Is that you in the green shirt/white pants in the pic above voy? You shop with Divine? jokes

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Is that you in the green shirt/white pants in the pic above voy? You shop with Divine? jokes

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Is that you wearing the green shirt and extra extra long khakis voy? You shop with that divine dude?

King D

King D
BGOL Investor
Thats crazy. I was there too. I also didnt post because i didnt think the board gave a shit about Harry Potter. :lol::confused: Mad as hell I got there at exactly 7:30, I had to sit in the damn 2nd row. The 3D was pretty cool. I was pissed that they didn't show the Sherlock Holmes trailer or the Dark Knight Rises teaser. The best Harry Potter flick to me, strickly for the fans!:yes:

Baldhead_Digital

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just started watching the series a few weeks ago. I just watched the first part of the Deathly Hallows this past weekend. IMO that movies was severely depressing, and dark. Was this movie any more up beat?

Baldhead_Digital

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude.. I don't expect a movie called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows to be bright, colorful, and happy. It sounds like war to me. You were expecting a comedy?

not really, but It was Harry Potter. I didn't expect it to be that dark and depressing.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Thats crazy. I was there too. I also didnt post because i didnt think the board gave a shit about Harry Potter. :lol::confused: Mad as hell I got there at exactly 7:30, I had to sit in the damn 2nd row. The 3D was pretty cool. I was pissed that they didn't show the Sherlock Holmes trailer or the Dark Knight Rises teaser. The best Harry Potter flick to me, strickly for the fans!:yes:

You mean to tell me 3 BAD-ASSED detroit BGOL members were up in that spot:lol:
We need a special calling, like just yell out OCK OCK! and wait for who-dey-who as response.

I just started watching the series a few weeks ago. I just watched the first part of the Deathly Hallows this past weekend. IMO that movies was severely depressing, and dark. Was this movie any more up beat?

Even having read the book like I said I felt that part 1 of deathly hallows dragged. To really appreciate it at this point watch the movies 1-7 than read the books. It can very satisfying to have the gaps filled in after the fact.

not really, but It was Harry Potter. I didn't expect it to be that dark and depressing.

I think this is where a lot of people miss out on harry potter. They think oh its just a kids story, but in reality this is a very good young adult series wrapped in a kids story. Folks forget that the 1st book starts with the murder of harry's parents and his attempted murder.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Just saw on the news people are in line now for the midnight showing:eek:

Glad I saw that shit already and for free:lol:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
“AND HIS NAME IS VOLDEMORT! YOU MIGHT AS WELL USE IT. HE'S GOING TO TRY AND KILL YOU ANYWAY!"

Though I've only read the first book, watching the films were just a formality really. But DAMN if I didn't have a tear or two as this final "HARRY POTTER" film was coming to its end. It was fun watching these kids grow up on screen through 7 films in 10 years. And the stakes were definitely raised high in this finale.

Time to read those DAMN books now.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
“AND HIS NAME IS VOLDEMORT! YOU MIGHT AS WELL USE IT. HE'S GOING TO TRY AND KILL YOU ANYWAY!"

Though I've only read the first book, watching the films were just a formality really. But DAMN if I didn't have a tear or two as this final "HARRY POTTER" film was coming to its end. It was fun watching these kids grow up on screen through 7 films in 10 years. And the stakes were definitely raised high in this finale.

Time to read those DAMN books now.

c/s

I was thinking about this last night when I saw the first part...This is the only movie franchise that I know of that kept the original kids in the movie series....

I might have to read it again myself...But Im shocked their isnt a download for the second part though....:smh::smh::smh: