Auto insurance question

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a hit and run incident 2 months ago and reported it to my insurance and got it fixed then this morning I get hit by deer. It destroyed my rear passenger window and caused some dents on the door. What's the adverse effect on my rates if I report it to the insurance again? Would this be a comp claim? I'm in MD.
Thanks in advance for y'all advice.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are both comprehensive claims.

With THE BIG RED COMPANY you should be alright, it shouldn't affect your rate much if at all, IF you don't keep racking them up.

If you do you might get flagged for fraud or just dropped.

If you're with any of the larger companies it should be similar but it just depends on how they do their underwriting.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thanks, if the deer flew into the driver side window, it would have been worse.

Exactly.

I've seen a few of those "beware of deer" signs on highways and freeways, and clips of accidents on Youtube.

They travel at a seriously high rate of speed.

Reactions: PJN

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a hit and run incident 2 months ago and reported it to my insurance and got it fixed then this morning I get hit by deer. It destroyed my rear passenger window and caused some dents on the door. What's the adverse effect on my rates if I report it to the insurance again? Would this be a comp claim? I'm in MD.

They are both comprehensive claims.

With THE BIG RED COMPANY you should be alright, it shouldn't affect your rate much if at all, IF you don't keep racking them up.

If you do you might get flagged for fraud or just dropped.

If you're with any of the larger companies it should be similar but it just depends on how they do their underwriting.

The hit and run would be an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim if he had that coverage which I recommend everyone get. Which shouldn't effect rates.

The dear should be a Comp claim, and it may raise your rates at renewal

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The hit and run would be an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim if he had that coverage which I recommend everyone get. Which shouldn't effect rates.

The dear should be a Comp claim, and it may raise your rates at renewal

Big Red counts uninsured claims the same.as comp. It doesn't significantly affect rates until you get 3 or more. I can't speak for whatever company he's with though.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I would get my ride fixed myself.. if I routinely take my car in to a dealership to get service I would see if the have a body shop or see if they recommend any good autobody shop...I wouldnt go through my insurance at all

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're good. Animal hits are under comprehensive, which is effectively ruled NAF (Not At Fault).

Last edited: