Ayahuasca aint no joke

DASK

I'm the Bad Guy
BGOL Investor
I want to take the trip, but the way my anxiety is set up lol.. I might not come back!
:lol:
https://www.tmz.com/watch/2024-08-01-080124-josh-bassett-1876703-903/

Joshua Bassett says Ayahuasca didn't make him hallucinate ... instead, he claims it showed him the pits of hell -- before bringing him face to face with God's only son.

The Disney star recently sat down for an interview on the "Zach Sang Show" where he talked about the path that brought him to Christianity -- JB is real religious these days -- and, he says it all began when he decided to trip balls on Aya for the second time.

JB says he's taken many hallucinogenic drugs before ... so, he knows the difference between a hallucination and a real experience -- and insists this wasn't a hallucination whatsoever.

Bassett says he opened his eyes and could see the metaphysical ugliness in himself and everyone around him ... before his soul began to tumble into Hades where thousands of demons laughed and mocked him.

Josh says he dove into his past ... and, it got so real he tried to take his keys and drive as far away from the Ayahuasca group as possible. Thankfully a trip-sitter stopped him -- even if her eyes were covered by a demon like Josh claims.

Ultimately, Josh says he went outside to stare at the sky and cool off -- where he says he saw Jesus Christ himself hanging out in the sky.

Worth noting ... Bassett acknowledges multiple times many people may say he's crazy, but explains he knows what he saw. He's also not endorsing Ayahuasca so "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series" fans shouldn't book their trips just yet.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
iu

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to take the trip, but the way my anxiety is set up lol.. I might not come back!
:lol:
https://www.tmz.com/watch/2024-08-01-080124-josh-bassett-1876703-903/

Joshua Bassett says Ayahuasca didn't make him hallucinate ... instead, he claims it showed him the pits of hell -- before bringing him face to face with God's only son.

The Disney star recently sat down for an interview on the "Zach Sang Show" where he talked about the path that brought him to Christianity -- JB is real religious these days -- and, he says it all began when he decided to trip balls on Aya for the second time.

JB says he's taken many hallucinogenic drugs before ... so, he knows the difference between a hallucination and a real experience -- and insists this wasn't a hallucination whatsoever.

Bassett says he opened his eyes and could see the metaphysical ugliness in himself and everyone around him ... before his soul began to tumble into Hades where thousands of demons laughed and mocked him.

Josh says he dove into his past ... and, it got so real he tried to take his keys and drive as far away from the Ayahuasca group as possible. Thankfully a trip-sitter stopped him -- even if her eyes were covered by a demon like Josh claims.

Ultimately, Josh says he went outside to stare at the sky and cool off -- where he says he saw Jesus Christ himself hanging out in the sky.

Worth noting ... Bassett acknowledges multiple times many people may say he's crazy, but explains he knows what he saw. He's also not endorsing Ayahuasca so "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series" fans shouldn't book their trips just yet.
I wonder did he see Black Jesus, White Jesus, or Mexican Jesus.

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Don’t it make you shit and vomit? I want to try but i dunno without a shaman or someone there watching…. Don’t know yet. They sell 200 dmt carts at my local dispensary but haven’t tried that either

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Don’t it make you shit and vomit? I want to try but i dunno without a shaman or someone there watching…. Don’t know yet. They sell 200 dmt carts at my local dispensary but haven’t tried that either

My cousin and I have been talking about this for a few years.
We also want to do this with a shaman.
It is on the bucket list, either Costa Rica or Peru at a retreat.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Wow I haven’t ever heard of ayahuasca. I would have been shook

The Therapeutic Potentials of Ayahuasca: Possible Effects against Various Diseases of Civilization​

Ede Frecska,1,* Petra Bokor,2 and Michael Winkelman3
Author information Article notesCopyright and License informationPMC Disclaimer

Go to:

Abstract​

Ayahuasca is an Amazonian psychoactive brew of two main components. Its active agents are β-carboline and tryptamine derivatives. As a sacrament, ayahuasca is still a central element of many healing ceremonies in the Amazon Basin and its ritual consumption has become common among the mestizo populations of South America. Ayahuasca use amongst the indigenous people of the Amazon is a form of traditional medicine and cultural psychiatry. During the last two decades, the substance has become increasingly known among both scientists and laymen, and currently its use is spreading all over in the Western world. In the present paper we describe the chief characteristics of ayahuasca, discuss important questions raised about its use, and provide an overview of the scientific research supporting its potential therapeutic benefits. A growing number of studies indicate that the psychotherapeutic potential of ayahuasca is based mostly on the strong serotonergic effects, whereas the sigma-1 receptor (Sig-1R) agonist effect of its active ingredient dimethyltryptamine raises the possibility that the ethnomedical observations on the diversity of treated conditions can be scientifically verified. Moreover, in the right therapeutic or ritual setting with proper preparation and mindset of the user, followed by subsequent integration of the experience, ayahuasca has proven effective in the treatment of substance dependence. This article has two important take-home messages: (1) the therapeutic effects of ayahuasca are best understood from a bio-psycho-socio-spiritual model, and (2) on the biological level ayahuasca may act against chronic low grade inflammation and oxidative stress via the Sig-1R which can explain its widespread therapeutic indications.
Keywords: addiction medicine, ayahuasca, diseases of civilization, dimethyltryptamine, oxidative stress
Go to:

Introduction​

Ayahuasca, a psychoactive Amazonian sacrament, has raised increased scientific and lay interest during the last two decades. Traditionally ayahuasca has been used in Ecuador, Columbia, Peru, and Brazil, where it is also known as natema, hoasca, daime, yagé, or yajé The decoction is prepared by simultaneously boiling two admixture plants, the Banisteriopsis caapi (Malpighiaceae) containing β-carboline type alkaloids such as harmine and tetrahydroharmine; and most commonly Psychotria viridis (Rubiaceae), which provides the psychoactive alkaloid DMT (McKenna, 2004; Szára, 2007). Sometimes Psychotria viridis is substituted by other DMT containing plants such as Diplopterys cabrerana (formerly B. rusbyana) of the family Malpighiaceae. The name ayahuasca is a compound word in Quechua language, where ayameans soul, ancestors or dead persons and wasca (huasca) means vine or rope (Luna, 2011). Therefore, the most prevalent translation of the word is “vine of the soul”. Skeptics may prefer the other linguistic alternative: “rope of death”, but this paper will provide arguments favoring the former interpretation above the latter one.
Ayahuasca has been used as a central element of religious, magical, curative, initiation, and other tribal rituals for millennia (Naranjo, 1986), originally by the indigenous groups and later by the mestizo populations of the region, who respect the brew as a sacrament and value it as a powerful medicine. The indigenous and mestizo communities regularly use ayahuasca to treat physical ailments, mental problems and frequently handle their social issues, spiritual crises with the help of the brew. A Peruvian tradition called vegetalismo regards ayahuasca as one of the teacher plants that convey knowledge to humans (Luna, 1986), and considers the experience induced by its ingestion trabajo(work). In addition to its traditional and mestizo uses, ayahuasca also forms a central component of the rituals of three Brazilian syncretic churches: the Santo Daime, the União do Vegetal and the Barquinha. The history of these churches dates back to the first half of the 20th century, and by now they are present in 23 countries (de Rios and Rumrrill, 2008; Liester and Prickett, 2012). Obviously there is a striking discrepancy between the indigenous South American and official Western view1 on ayahuasca use, which calls for scientific explanation and a healthy resolution.
Due to the growing popularity of the sacrament, masses of people from all parts of the world travel to the Amazon to participate in ayahuasca rituals. This unique phenomenon characterized by some as “drug tourism” (de Rios, 1994) is not as frivolous pursuit as it sounds (Grunwell, 1998), since a significant number of travelers searches for spiritual and therapeutic opportunities. The principal motivations can be characterized as: seeking improved insight, personal growth; emotional healing; and contact with a sacred nature, deities, spirits and natural energies produced by the ayahuasca (Winkelman, 2005). The trend of popularization—known as the “globalization of ayahuasca”—flows both ways, as this Amazonian tradition spreads beyond its native habitat and gets adopted into non-indigenous circles of the Western world (Tupper, 2008) either within or outside of the context of syncretic churches.

ThisLuv

Rising Star
Registered

The Therapeutic Potentials of Ayahuasca: Possible Effects against Various Diseases of Civilization​

Ede Frecska,1,* Petra Bokor,2 and Michael Winkelman3
Author information Article notesCopyright and License informationPMC Disclaimer

Go to:

Abstract​

Ayahuasca is an Amazonian psychoactive brew of two main components. Its active agents are β-carboline and tryptamine derivatives. As a sacrament, ayahuasca is still a central element of many healing ceremonies in the Amazon Basin and its ritual consumption has become common among the mestizo populations of South America. Ayahuasca use amongst the indigenous people of the Amazon is a form of traditional medicine and cultural psychiatry. During the last two decades, the substance has become increasingly known among both scientists and laymen, and currently its use is spreading all over in the Western world. In the present paper we describe the chief characteristics of ayahuasca, discuss important questions raised about its use, and provide an overview of the scientific research supporting its potential therapeutic benefits. A growing number of studies indicate that the psychotherapeutic potential of ayahuasca is based mostly on the strong serotonergic effects, whereas the sigma-1 receptor (Sig-1R) agonist effect of its active ingredient dimethyltryptamine raises the possibility that the ethnomedical observations on the diversity of treated conditions can be scientifically verified. Moreover, in the right therapeutic or ritual setting with proper preparation and mindset of the user, followed by subsequent integration of the experience, ayahuasca has proven effective in the treatment of substance dependence. This article has two important take-home messages: (1) the therapeutic effects of ayahuasca are best understood from a bio-psycho-socio-spiritual model, and (2) on the biological level ayahuasca may act against chronic low grade inflammation and oxidative stress via the Sig-1R which can explain its widespread therapeutic indications.
Keywords: addiction medicine, ayahuasca, diseases of civilization, dimethyltryptamine, oxidative stress
Go to:

Introduction​

Ayahuasca, a psychoactive Amazonian sacrament, has raised increased scientific and lay interest during the last two decades. Traditionally ayahuasca has been used in Ecuador, Columbia, Peru, and Brazil, where it is also known as natema, hoasca, daime, yagé, or yajé The decoction is prepared by simultaneously boiling two admixture plants, the Banisteriopsis caapi (Malpighiaceae) containing β-carboline type alkaloids such as harmine and tetrahydroharmine; and most commonly Psychotria viridis (Rubiaceae), which provides the psychoactive alkaloid DMT (McKenna, 2004; Szára, 2007). Sometimes Psychotria viridis is substituted by other DMT containing plants such as Diplopterys cabrerana (formerly B. rusbyana) of the family Malpighiaceae. The name ayahuasca is a compound word in Quechua language, where ayameans soul, ancestors or dead persons and wasca (huasca) means vine or rope (Luna, 2011). Therefore, the most prevalent translation of the word is “vine of the soul”. Skeptics may prefer the other linguistic alternative: “rope of death”, but this paper will provide arguments favoring the former interpretation above the latter one.
Ayahuasca has been used as a central element of religious, magical, curative, initiation, and other tribal rituals for millennia (Naranjo, 1986), originally by the indigenous groups and later by the mestizo populations of the region, who respect the brew as a sacrament and value it as a powerful medicine. The indigenous and mestizo communities regularly use ayahuasca to treat physical ailments, mental problems and frequently handle their social issues, spiritual crises with the help of the brew. A Peruvian tradition called vegetalismo regards ayahuasca as one of the teacher plants that convey knowledge to humans (Luna, 1986), and considers the experience induced by its ingestion trabajo(work). In addition to its traditional and mestizo uses, ayahuasca also forms a central component of the rituals of three Brazilian syncretic churches: the Santo Daime, the União do Vegetal and the Barquinha. The history of these churches dates back to the first half of the 20th century, and by now they are present in 23 countries (de Rios and Rumrrill, 2008; Liester and Prickett, 2012). Obviously there is a striking discrepancy between the indigenous South American and official Western view1 on ayahuasca use, which calls for scientific explanation and a healthy resolution.
Due to the growing popularity of the sacrament, masses of people from all parts of the world travel to the Amazon to participate in ayahuasca rituals. This unique phenomenon characterized by some as “drug tourism” (de Rios, 1994) is not as frivolous pursuit as it sounds (Grunwell, 1998), since a significant number of travelers searches for spiritual and therapeutic opportunities. The principal motivations can be characterized as: seeking improved insight, personal growth; emotional healing; and contact with a sacred nature, deities, spirits and natural energies produced by the ayahuasca (Winkelman, 2005). The trend of popularization—known as the “globalization of ayahuasca”—flows both ways, as this Amazonian tradition spreads beyond its native habitat and gets adopted into non-indigenous circles of the Western world (Tupper, 2008) either within or outside of the context of syncretic churches.

Ohhh ok. Good look :)

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Have a friend who went on a retreat in South America and did it. She enjoyed the experience immensely.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Just go with dmt way more pleasant, easier to find and a much shorter trip so you don't need to book a weekend in Peru and hire a shaman to trip sit you. Will still blow your mind.

If you want a longer trip without the vomit and as much anxiety then stick to mushrooms(one of my favorite substances on the planet) again way more pleasant and more widely available.

If you want to know what it feels like to be ripped in half between two dimensions like doctor strange for a few minutes that will feel like an eternity then go with salvia, I'm kidding, stay away from salvia. Lol

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Avoid the vape carts and get some changa and kiss reality goodbye, say hey to God for me while you're there lol

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just be ready to deal with any issues you’ve tried to forget, whether it’s Ayahuasca, Shrooms, or LSD. Either one will open that door.

giphy.gif

DASK

I'm the Bad Guy
BGOL Investor
Just be ready to deal with any issues you’ve tried to forget, whether it’s Ayahuasca, Shrooms, or LSD. Either one will open that door.

giphy.gif
See, now that's the problem. They are suppressed for a reason lol

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
See, now that's the problem. They are suppressed for a reason lol
When I took shrooms it was like therapy on steroids, for me, it was like I was connecting with my ancestors from Africa and my dead mother, and I can honestly say it made me a better person. The only thing I must add is that it's not like drugs which can be seen as "fun".
With psychedelics, when done correctly it's like a spiritual guide that is not there for your entertainment nor does it care about your feelings, if anything the more you hold on to your baggage the worse off your trip may wind up.
In my case I had to let go of a lot of bullshit, and only after I let go of the crap that I once thought was normal, did the trip turn enjoyable and beautiful.
Another thing is that, at least with me, the shrooms elevated my blood pressure, and that was scary as fuck, so after I got what I needed from the mushroom, I haven't a reason to retake it. Maybe I might be willing to try a microdose while smoking weed, but I took it three times, and it was like a trilogy, where I learned different lessons, the last time being the climax leaving me with no reason to trip hard again.