Baltimore County Dundalk Ave Shooting - Suspect Dead

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-co-dundalk-shooting-20170607-story.html
http://www.wbaltv.com/article/authorities-on-scene-of-police-involved-incident-in-dundalk/9990395

DUNDALK, Md. —

An armed robbery suspect is dead after a shooting Wednesday afternoon in Dundalk that injured a police officer and a bystander, Baltimore County police said.

Police said officers were called around 2:49 p.m. for an armed robbery in progress on Dundalk Avenue near Avon Beach Road. Officers received information that a man robbed two people at gunpoint.

Police said the suspect got on an MTA bus at Belclare Road and Dundalk Avenue near the Logan Village Shopping Center. Officers surrounded the bus and tried to apprehend the suspect before a shootout took place.

Police said the suspect tried to flee but collapsed a short distance from the bus, suffering at least one gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

"When the police responded out here, they were able to locate the MTA bus that they thought was involved. They stopped the MTA bus and they engaged the suspect. At some point during that engagement, the suspect fired shots at the officers. The officers then returned fire and shot the suspect. One officer was shot in that altercation. The suspect was shot and he is now deceased," Baltimore County police Officer Jennifer Peach said.

"The road was closed, so I pulled up and I stopped and I saw weapons drawn. The next thing I know, I hear shots being fired. While I'm sitting in the truck, there's a sign next to me and a bullet hit that sign next to me. Next time I look up, the female officer is shot and she's down. I threw the truck in reverse and I just backed out of there to keep from getting hit," Clayton Brown, a witness, told the I-Team's Barry Simms.

The police officer was shot in a leg and is in serious condition. She arrived by ambulance at Shock Trauma in Baltimore around 3:40 p.m. One of her legs was elevated and bandaged below the knee. The officer appeared alert and raised her hand to her brow as a fellow officer held her hand.

Police said the civilian is in serious condition at a hospital, and she is expected to survive.

Police said they will review video from the bus, the shopping center and officer body-worn cameras.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He will probably have a job at the news station after that. No way in hell I'm still there with that going on

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After I see a gun!
This is me....

source.gif