Baseball trailblazer Billy Bean dies at 60 - MLB Senior Vice President for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Baseball trailblazer Billy Bean dies at 60

Today, Major League Baseball remembers the life of Billy Bean, MLB’s Senior Vice President for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Special Assistant to the Commissioner. Following a heroic, yearlong fight with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Billy passed away at home.

“Our hearts are broken today as we mourn our dear friend and colleague, Billy Bean, one of the kindest and most respected individuals I have ever known," Commissioner of Baseball Robert D. Manfred, Jr. said. "Billy was a friend to countless people across our game, and he made a difference through his constant dedication to others. He made Baseball a better institution, both on and off the field, by the power of his example, his empathy, his communication skills, his deep relationships inside and outside our sport, and his commitment to doing the right thing. We are forever grateful for the enduring impact that Billy made on the game he loved, and we will never forget him. On behalf of Major League Baseball, I extend my deepest condolences to Billy’s husband, Greg Baker, and their entire family."