BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
tumblr_static_3ybb4tedekowc0048g00woscc.gif

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They're projecting a $90M opening weekend. I think it can crack $100M.

It'll definitely hit $100 mill just from Black dollars. Black people are going to show up for this one. If you reserve seats, please sit in those people. I don't want any cats arguing over seating for this. If this goes well, i think we'll see a lot more majority black casting that's not a fucking slave or Jim Crow movie.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
From FB

This is so surreal. I keep using that word to try to describe this feeling when I see something I've loved so dearly all of my life go from being a $0.65 magazine to becoming a billion dollar franchise on the silver screen. What you see here are arguably two of the absolute baddest comic book characters ever created pictured with their creator. I thank the beautiful human being in the middle from the bottom of my heart and the very depths of my soul for singlehandedly creating an escape to a turbulent childhood. What you did for me personally speaks at deafening volumes. You are blessed to have lived long enough to see your vision come to fruition and you helped a child believe that he can become whatever he dreams of becoming..
#blackpanther
#drstrange
#stanlee
#marvel

26055996_10155010945321078_2361781497340784305_n.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The marketing is starting to pick up. Me and the family were having dinner when this came on. We all agreed to see it the same day, opening weekend Saturday or Sunday. WE gonna be about 20 deep in the theater.

That's the way to do it. Sounds like a great time.

One of my fave movie memories was from back in 1994 or 1995. It was the Christmas break and our coaches (college students) had our HS team over for holiday dinner at their off-campus rental & then we headed out to check out a movie opening weekend. Taking the city bus about 18 - 20 deep ... plenty of fun. Movie theater was packed.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
150 mil or more opening weekend.

Thanos just 2 months away from this. I think Marvel got some MAJOR surprises in this flic not shown in the trailer. Thanos might be in this mothafucka