BGOL Music Debate: Is Big Daddy Kane - It's a Big Daddy Thing A Classic Album?

Is It's A Big Daddy Thing A Classic Album?

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ItsABigDaddyThing.jpg

Last edited:

wildlover85

Star
Registered

Nope!

That tape was up against Three Times Dope,Critical Beatdown,KRS-One, No One Can Do It Better,and a few more.

We use to rock the walkman with 10-20 Batteries‎. If you had to FF a tape more then 3-4 times it was a dud!

It had few nice cuts,but i wouldn't rock that shit today.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Nope!

That tape was up against Three Times Dope,Critical Beatdown,KRS-One, No One Can Do It Better,and a few more.

We use to rock the walkman with 10-20 Batteries‎. If you had to FF a tape more then 3-4 times it was a dud!

It had few nice cuts,but i wouldn't rock that shit today.

disagree

just off the Wraith of Kane live cut alone.

I get the job done is not only a hip hop classic (teddy Riley production) but a big crossover hit and EXCELLENT video...

pimpin aint easy...great record and became a a damn catch phrase of the ages

Smooth Operator...that sample and record was flames. And damn near started a rap genre of smoothed out records.

Yong Gifted and Black was great record on there because between all the pimping and street records he still dropped knowledge.

a very well balanced record showing pretty much every MC skill you NEEDED to have to compete in the early Golden Era of hip hop.

wildlover85

Star
Registered
disagree

just off the Wraith of Kane live cut alone.

I get the job done is not only a hip hop classic (teddy Riley production) but a big crossover hit and EXCELLENT video...

pimpin aint easy...great record and became a a damn catch phrase of the ages

Smooth Operator...that sample and record was flames. And damn near started a rap genre of smoothed out records.

Yong Gifted and Black was great record on there because between all the pimping and street records he still dropped knowledge.

a very well balanced record showing pretty much every MC skill you NEEDED to have to compete in the early Golden Era of hip hop.

With all due respect;everyone wasn't feeling teddy Riley.He was pure R&B with some funk samples.Rump shaker he gets a pass,because that shit was jumping.BDK tape wasn't fucking with the DOC or the Ultramagnetic Mcs.People was still rocking them tapes up until 92.That tape wasn't classic,because we had to burn to many batteries to get to the songs you like.Critical Beatdown you didn't need to FF that tape not one time.

Critical Beatdown,By All Means Necessary,and It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back are bar none the best hiphop tapes ever.Is Big Daddy Kane drop during the same time and can't compete with them tapes.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

With all due respect;everyone wasn't feeling teddy Riley.He was pure R&B with some funk samples.Rump shaker he gets a pass,because that shit was jumping.BDK tape wasn't fucking with the DOC or the Ultramagnetic Mcs.People was still rocking them tapes up until 92.That tape wasn't classic,because we had to burn to many batteries to get to the songs you like.Critical Beatdown you didn't need to FF that tape not one time.

Critical Beatdown,By All Means Necessary,and It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back are bar none the best hiphop tapes ever.Is Big Daddy Kane drop during the same time and can't compete with them tapes.

respect to you fam...

just a debate.

i agree with the Teddy point...but I think that record did so much for Riley's hip hop influence is why I referenced it and it was getting heavy play in different markets.

and I can't say ONE bad thing about the records you named...super-classics in my opinion.

wildlover85

Star
Registered
respect to you fam...

just a debate.

i agree with the Teddy point...but I think that record did so much for Riley's hip hop influence is why I referenced it and it was getting heavy play in different markets.

and I can't say ONE bad thing about the records you named...super-classics in my opinion.

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

BDK was killing the mic,but he drop that tape at the wrong time.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep. To get on back then was hard enough; to reign was epic. Yep. Classic. Kane is from the era where you bought an album for the lyrics and the beats were the bonus. Now niggas go platinum mumbling over beats.