Bgol Parents...what do you think of the last thing this father said to his daughter about her performance??

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

the statement: "You had me scared, cuz I didn't think you were gonna do it right"

I personally feel like that was something better left unsaid...especially to a child that young. She did it and executed it perfectly...no need to let her know you had doubts about her in some way.

whats your opinion on that??

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have three. Didn't see it all that serious. Just a father telling his daughter that she exceeded his expectations. Nothing too deep.
I can see that...but that was a difficult and potentially dangerous routine...why teach it to her if he had doubts about her executing it properly?

When college cheerleaders do that shit they have at least one other spotter there to make sure they get caught if things go wrong...it was just him and she's spinning and flipping high in the air. So the potential for an ER visit was very real. The margin for error was pretty slim so his expectation can only be failure is not an option with this.

remember his statement was "You had me scared, cuz I didn't think you were gonna do it right"

My point is kids are thinking individuals who can internalize or read into things just like adults can. And sometimes they can take things the wrong way or not how you intended it...so one should be careful to say or do something that makes them question if YOU have confidence in their ability to do anything.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's a real nit to pick without more history or how this was edited.

he could have meant that if she didn't do it right and she hurt herself he would have been devastated. It was incredibly complicated

I could go as far as to say very dangerous and reckless and unnecessary.

And if she "didn't do it right"? God forbid

no family no friends no law office no child services and no social media comments would have defended him or blamed her.

So I THINK he meant he was genuinely scared that she wouldn't do it right because HE would be at fault and wrecked with guilt.

But we will never know

But salute to that dad because that routine took HOURS AND DAYS AND WEEKS to get right especially with a child.

Last edited:

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

the statement: "You had me scared, cuz I didn't think you were gonna do it right"

I personally feel like that was something better left unsaid...especially to a child that young. She did it and executed it perfectly...no need to let her know you had doubts about her in some way.

My son do shit I don't think he can do all the time. I won't say I don't think he can do, I just don't think he gonna do. Like the other day he's playing in a wood bat league and he had 4 at bats. Popped up the first one, grounded out the second one and struck out on the 3rd. I'm like, "This just gone be a bad day at the plate for him." Cat came out for his last at bat and blasted that hoe 380' over left center fence for a 3 run shot. I was like, "Damn go head then, young lion!" I know he could do that shit, but I didn't think he would do that shit, however, I never said that shit to him. He didn't need that to be motivated because he hates to fail so bad.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you follow him, he is very inspirational to his daughter. When she feels like she can’t do something he stops and listens to her while giving her positive affirmations.