Biggie's "I Got A Story To Tell" Was About Anthony Mason?

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

In Biggie Smalls’s 1997 hit “I Got A Story to Tell,” the Brooklyn rapper mentions having, uh, relations with a female acquaintance of a New York Knicks player.

The mystery of who the player Biggie was rapping about has been unsolved for years, despite the efforts of Dan Le Batard and Bomani Jones on their show Highly Questionable. Was Biggie making it all up? Probably not—John Starks admitted it was true on the ESPN show years ago.

Well, it appears Le Batard and Jones’ years-long investigation may finally be over.

Fat Joe revealed the identity of the player on Monday, saying the song was about Knicks legend Anthony Mason.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
notorious_big_blue_crewneck_pop.jpg

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
When that Desert pointed at you, it's best you back down or get laid down
Most of these dudes have no idea what that recoil is about.

Anyways, who was Mason's chick at the time?

Edit: quick search brought up Luz Whitney

Last edited:

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Always figured it was either Mason or Xavier McDaniel.

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that sounds more realistic then mason, i dont think AM woulda took that shit so lightly, especially if the nigga made a song about it.. he wasnt a calm enough person to just let that shit go..

True. Besides, would a scarf really disguise a famous, black, 6'3 300 pound dude with a voice as distinctive as his?

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Convient story....with both dead nobody can say he's lying....which he is.

This is what I think, assuming the whole song/story is even true in the first place.
Fat Joe just trying to stir shit up for album sales and press.

I really think that's unfairly cynical. Joe may be doing press for his album (I guess-- I heard about this when it happened and didn't realize he had a project attached) but he didn't ask for the question. I don't think many people ran out to buy his album because of this or that it really helps him.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
I really think that's unfairly cynical. Joe may be doing press for his album (I guess-- I heard about this when it happened and didn't realize he had a project attached) but he didn't ask for the question. I don't think many people ran out to buy his album because of this or that it really helps him.

Basically they asked that to every rapper who and past knick.