Black History Facts -Vicki Sue Robinson

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Vicki Sue Robinson was an American singer and actress best known for her hit disco single "Turn the Beat Around." Born on May 31, 1954, in Harlem, New York City, Robinson began her career in theater, appearing in various productions including "Hair." In 1976, she released her debut album, which included "Turn the Beat Around," a song that became her signature hit and a disco anthem. Throughout the late 1970s and 1980s, Robinson continued to record music and perform, though she never replicated the success of her debut single. She also appeared in films and television shows during this time. Robinson passed away on April 27, 2000, leaving behind a legacy as a disco diva and a talented performer.

447673982_426520270157918_3757310079624840742_n.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Lamont Busch
I was in the 6th grade when Turn the Beat Around came out. Back then some NYC school had dance festivals. My class and the other 6th graders did the bus stop to this song. I've been a huge fan ever since. Hold Tight used to get played loudly in our living room.

DeTrini DePatriot
That was one of my favorite songs in disco era...I was only 11 years old when the song was released.
I didn't know she died at such a young age... wow. RIEP
Darnell Hemby
" AND THE BEAT GOES ON".....