BMF on Starz (tv discussion)premieres 9/26 on STARZ.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
I just binge watched the series and it was pretty good, some episodes better than others but overall I give it a B+. Was Terry really still in high school and going when they first started up because to me that’s the only unbelievable part about this series, what major drug dealer, the woman, gonna work with a teenager

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just binge watched the series and it was pretty good, some episodes better than others but overall I give it a B+. Was Terry really still in high school and going when they first started up because to me that’s the only unbelievable part about this series, what major drug dealer, the woman, gonna work with a teenager

No where close to an expert, but most of the stories I hear about known drug dealers tend to be them starting out young and in a few cases at a high level at a early age. The timeline could have also been sped up for purposes of the show. For instance, I thought the name BMF wasn't a thing until early 2000 or late 90s.

The only thing that really throws me off with Terry is he looks old as shit to be a freshman in high-school. Terry looks older than Meech.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
No where close to an expert, but most of the stories I hear about known drug dealers tend to be them starting out young and in a few cases at a high level at a early age. The timeline could have also been sped up for purposes of the show. For instance, I thought the name BMF wasn't a thing until early 2000 or late 90s.

The only thing that really throws me off with Terry is he looks old as shit to be a freshman in high-school. Terry looks older than Meech.

Lol…Yeah I meant to say that too about dude looking grown as hell

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was cool to see the brothers share a scene together. Pat and the cop.

Meech is smart but also very emotional. I like how they set up the fact that Terry thought Meech was too flashy. That is what split them apart, right? Tee thought Meech was doing too much and living too flashy which he felt was going to get them caught up.
one would think but it's ironic how Tee's unflashy style is what got them caught up with all that phone talking even though tee was just as flashy he just didn't make any billboards, cause Initially feds were only investigating Terrys crew in cali not Meech and BMF in ATL.

Last edited:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
It was good

high production value great acting good editing great special effects

salute to the director

not too much narration

they gotta work on the dialogue cause some of the vocabulary etc was off and anachronistic.
Just watched 5 episodes last night @playahaitian. I'm impressed with your use of the word anachronistic.

I had to look it up:
a·nach·ro·nis·tic
/əˌnakrəˈnistik/
Belonging to a period other than that being portrayed.
What exactly did you find anachronistic? :idea:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just watched 5 episodes last night @playahaitian. I'm impressed with your use of the word anachronistic.

I had to look it up:
a·nach·ro·nis·tic
/əˌnakrəˈnistik/
I think I know what he's saying and I agree, I thought the same with raising kanan, they mixed eras. they had shit from the 90's in the 80's and vice versa. like clothes etc.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think I know what he's saying and I agree, I thought the same with raising kanan, they mixed eras. they had shit from the 90's in the 80's and vice versa. like clothes etc.

When it come sto Raising Kanan, they are set in 1991 and the generally the start of a decade is typically a mix of outgoing and incoming decade, so that's probably what you're noticing there.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I had to look it up:
a·nach·ro·nis·tic
/əˌnakrəˈnistik/

Boss that was in September

What I been through the last few months I barely remember my bgol password.

But I think it was some of the slang, mannerisms and clothes that were not of that era.

It wasn't a real problem but it can throw off any project when that slips through or if the viewer is intimately familiar with the subject matter.

Overall they did a great job

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When it come sto Raising Kanan, they are set in 1991 and the generally the start of a decade is typically a mix of outgoing and incoming decade, so that's probably what you're noticing there.
Exactly, I mean it is hollywood and it's not going to be perfect but I remember kanan rocking shit in 91 as you say, that we was rocking in 85-86/ 86-87 era that I know Niggas wasn't wearing no more in 91. Feel Me? Retro shit wasn't hot then all that shit was new to us then.

Last edited:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boss that was in September

What I been through the last few months I barely remember my bgol password.

But I think it was some of the slang, mannerisms and clothes that were not of that era.

It wasn't a real problem but it can throw off any project when that slips through or if the viewer is intimately familiar with the subject matter.

Overall they did a great job
That's where I'm at with it. Like I really lived it LOL and remember that era so well. I wanna re live it with authenticity when watching. :dunno:
Same for the BMF series it just takes back to them early days of Detroit growing up.