Bobby Blue Bland, BB King & James Brown does medley on Soul Train, they killed this shit

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Damn OP this shit is straight fire... :yes: :yes::yes::yes:
Fa sho

Man this got me wishing I great up during that era

I don’t know much about Bobby music, I know BB King and of course JB but
Bobby seems like he can blow… that voice

Im sure there’s many artist for back in the day who got overlooked

James Brown made me enjoy this even more, he seem so thrilled to be up there with them…

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
JB and BB. I know a bit bout them. Bland not so much. But as usual bgol has given me yet another legend to go research. Also, I miss the hell out of soul train and don cornelius. After Saturday morning cartoons I’d finish up with that show and then go ball. It was something refreshing to see the cool as hell Don speak with all these entertainers. So dope. Forgot how old he was

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Salute! I enjoyed the shit outta that.

I know change is inevitable, but damn. How did we abandon this level of skill and talent for soulless autotune performers?
I have your answer... MoFos like these cats started running record companies.

giphy.gif

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Gotdamn right, boy you done took me back and made me smile :shades:
Bro, Pops had a Coup deVille. He'd take me and my Brother to the car wash, right. They use to serve food as well. He'd get us a burger or a hot dog and we'd sit on a bench and eat, watching the cars get washed.

When they finish washing the ride, he'd sit in it. Choppin' things up with his friends and talkin' to women, while smoking weed and drinking some cognac (Courvoisier). He'd play either Johnny Guitar Watson, Bobby Blue Bland, or some Ohio Players on 8-track. I remember "Go Away Little Boy" by Marlena Shaw being played too. He had a friend who worked at a swap meet who'd create 8-track mixed tapes.

We were young. We thought he was there to just to get his car wash. He was spittin' at them hoes and hustling jewelry.

For Pops:

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Bro, Pops had a Coup deVille. He'd take me and my Brother to the car wash, right. They use to serve food as well. He'd get us a burger or a hot dog and we'd sit on a bench and eat, watching the cars get washed.

When they finish washing the ride, he'd sit in it. Choppin' things up with his friends and talkin' to women, while smoking weed and drinking some cognac (Courvoisier). He'd play either Johnny Guitar Watson, Bobby Blue Bland, or some Ohio Players on 8-track. I remember "Go Away Little Boy" by Marlena Shaw being played too. He had a friend who worked at a swap meet who'd create 8-track mixed tapes.

We were young. We thought he was there to just to get his car wash. He was spittin' at them hoes and hustling jewelry.

For Pops:

Man thats what it was all about! My grandaddy had a drop-top 68 Sedan DeVille, he moved to Chicago when I was young, like 7-8. I used to go up there for the summer and we would wash that baby up, cruise, go pick up some blues tapes from Jew Town (Maxwell St), and he'd let me pick tapes to play. Then we would go see his girlfriends around the city and he'd tell me not to say SHIT to my grandma. And I never did! When he passed he left the caddy to me and I still got it, and all I play in it is blues and oldies. We have a radio station 102.1 KOKY that has played blues all day on Saturdays since I was little, and till this day thats all I listen to on Saturdays from sunup to sundown.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
JB and BB. I know a bit bout them. Bland not so much. But as usual bgol has given me yet another legend to go research. Also, I miss the hell out of soul train and don cornelius. After Saturday morning cartoons I’d finish up with that show and then go ball. It was something refreshing to see the cool as hell Don speak with all these entertainers. So dope. Forgot how old he was
Blues legend in his own right. Big in the south.

I heard he was B.B. King's driver once

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember back in the late 80s a Blues album came out with various artists was a televised commercial on the weekends one of the main songs was" Down home blues" by Bobby Blue Bland