Both Sides: Why we don't fuck with the GOP

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s becoming clear that Elon and Putin have taken over the Republican Party.
It’s gone past that we know him and his party are racist, but the fall of our democracy for all Americans could come to an end.
Can’t see the powers that be letting that happen.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
It’s becoming clear that Elon and Putin have taken over the Republican Party.
It’s gone past that we know him and his party are racist, but the fall of our democracy for all Americans could come to an end.
Can’t see the powers that be letting that happen.
I keep telling y’all the real powers that be in this country is going to prevent all this bullshit with Trump from happening.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And they still embarrassed the fuck out of her. Her supporters is probably pissed as hell right now.
This is part of why Trump has effectively destroyed the GOP. Because the handful of big names and heavy hitters that they currently have on deck and in the wings have completely destroyed their credibility by supporting a person like him after so clearly speaking out against him.

And don't get me wrong. I've never liked Haley anyway, and it's not like this is even her first time being a lapdog. But it's funny to me how she and others are so desperate to stay relevant that they capitulate to the madness, usually with the result being losing the respect of everyone.

Ironically, Mitt Romney is one of the few people that doesn't do this, and I think that's because he reasonably has no higher aspirations than his current office.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is part of why Trump has effectively destroyed the GOP. Because the handful of big names and heavy hitters that they currently have on deck and in the wings have completely destroyed their credibility by supporting a person like him after so clearly speaking out against him.

And don't get me wrong. I've never liked Haley anyway, and it's not like this is even her first time being a lapdog. But it's funny to me how she and others are so desperate to stay relevant that they capitulate to the madness, usually with the result being losing the respect of everyone.

Ironically, Mitt Romney is one of the few people that doesn't do this, and I think that's because he reasonably has no higher aspirations than his current office.
Haley and others are going to the highest bidder.
Fools will do whatever for a few dollars.

True conservatives like Romney, Bush, and Chaney have substantial wealth and don’t need the money.
Some people still have integrity

People in SC know Haley will go to highest bidder and has zero integrity.
She is worst than a street hooker.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I saw a youtube video of a trans person going undercover at one of the republican conferences, and they were getting hit up with dozens of requests to hook up. A lot of these Republican dudes are gay or chasers. Whenever I see someone adamantly opposed to LGBT stuff, I just have a feeling that they're trying to throw people off the scent.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Part 1
Here is a contrary opinion on the emergence of Silicon Valley support for former President Trump. Which like all my opinions on here, probably won’t be popular.

It’s a bitcoin play.

Not because the former President is a far stronger proponent of crypto. That’s nice. But doesn’t really impact the price of crypto. It makes it easier to operate a crypto business because of the inevitable, and required, changes at the SEC

What will drive the price of BTC is lower tax rates and tariffs, which if history is any guide (and it’s not always ), will be inflationary.

Combine that with global uncertainty as to the geopolitical role of the USA, and the impact on the US Dollar as a reserve currency, and you can’t align the stars any better for a BTC price acceleration

Part 2
How high can the price go. Way higher than you think. Remember, the market for BTC is global. And the supply has a final limit of 21m BTC, with unlimited fractionalization.

Keep that in mind as you consider what happens if because of geopolitical uncertainty and the decline of the dollar as the reserve currency, BTC becomes a “safe haven” globally. Which means that BTC could be what countries and all of us look to buy as a means to protect our savings.

Crazy ? It already happens in countries facing hyperinflation.

And if things really go further than we can imagine today (and I’m not saying they will. Just that this has a possibility somewhere above zero) , then BTC becomes exactly what the Maxis envision. A global currency

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Donald Trump's chances of winning the November 2024 presidential election are declining, according to a new aggregation of polls.

FiveThirtyEight's poll tracker, which was originally published on July 8 and updated on July 16, shows Joe Biden with a 53 percent chance of winning the election, while Trump has a 46 percent chance.

According to the tracker, Biden is favored to win in 534 out of 1,000 of FiveThirtyEight's simulations of how the election could go, while Trump wins in 462. The poll also shows that the simulations indicate that Biden is on track for a three-point win.

The polling website said its forecast is based on a combination of polls and campaign "fundamentals," such as economic conditions, state partisanship and incumbency.
It comes after a Presidential Voting Intention poll of 3,601 swing state voters by Redfield & Wilton Strategies, found that Trump's margins over President Joe Biden have narrowed since June in two key swing states: Florida and North Carolina.

Trump previously defeated Biden in both states in 2020, while he held a six-point lead over Biden in Florida in a Redfield & Wilton Strategies poll from that June.

However, he now only leads the current president by four points in Florida. The poll shows that 45 percent of participants plan to vote for Trump, compared to Biden's 41 percent.

It is not the only recent poll to give Trump only a four-point lead in Florida. A June Fox News survey gave Trump 50 percent of the vote, compared to 46 percent for Biden.

However, poll aggregator Race to the White House has Trump on average 7.2 points ahead of Biden in the state, with Biden at 41.9 percent and Trump at 49.1 percent, while the FiveThirtyEight poll shows Biden has a 50 percent chance of winning in the state compare to Biden's 45.

Meanwhile, Trump's margin is also narrowing in North Carolina, where he had a three-point lead over Biden in June. According to Redfield & Wilton Strategies' poll, his lead was slashed to only two points, with 44 percent of those polled saying they would vote for Trump, compared to Biden's 42 percent.

:idea:

Last edited: