Both Sides: Why we don't fuck with the GOP

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

President Joe Biden made the right decision for our country and I thank him for putting the interests of our Nation ahead of his own. After the assassination attempt on President Trump and President Biden’s decision to end his campaign, now is a time for leaders in both parties to project calm and send a message of strength and resolve to America’s friends and enemies alike that, whatever the state of our politics, the American people are strong and our American military stands ready to defend our freedom and our vital national interests anywhere in the world.

:fuckyousay:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor

Earlier this year, Tesla and X CEO Elon Musk promised he wouldn't be giving any money to either Donald Trump or Joe Biden.​

Musk sounded adamant, tweeting, on March 6, "Just to be super clear, I am not donating money to either candidate for U.S. President." But Musk later changed his mind, reportedly donating $45 million a month of his money to the pro-Trump political action committee American PAC. And according to Quartz, Musk's support of Trump is hurting Tesla's sales: Tesla manufactures electric vehicles, and Trump is an aggressive promoter of fossil fuels who is promising to "drill, baby, drill" if he returns to the White House.

Quartz's William Gavin reports, "The electric vehicle maker's favorability among Democrats has dropped to 16 percent as of July 16, down 20 percentage points from January, Yahoo Finance reports, citing new data from analytics firm CivicScience. Favorability among Republicans has also dropped, falling 13 percentage points to 23 percent."
According to the California Dealers Association, "Californians' love affair with electric vehicle giant Tesla may have peaked,” CivicScience CEO John Dick told Yahoo Finance that "Democrats, more closely than Republicans, associate Elon Musk and his actions with the brand" — which, Gavin notes, "might be a problem for Tesla going forward." Mark Spiegel, a Tesla short seller, told Yahoo Finance that Musk "completely alienated most of his buying base" by endorsing Trump.

Spiegel warned, "It's going to kill the business. I can't imagine a single Democrat, or, let's say, very few of them, willing to buy a Tesla at this point."​

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

I do see the strategery in their moves.

Reminds me of a time in the middle oughts (2005 or 6) when we had this supreme douche as our union steward. Most hated this cat and he had no business trying to negotiate contracts.

So when it was time to vote for union steward everyone thought I would challenge him. In addition to me being in the mix there was this other cat running.

The douche thought he had it in the bag due to the other cat and I splitting votes.

Man yaw should have seen the look on his face when it came time to nominate contenders and I stood up to nominate the other cat for steward!

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Earlier this year, Tesla and X CEO Elon Musk promised he wouldn't be giving any money to either Donald Trump or Joe Biden.​

Musk sounded adamant, tweeting, on March 6, "Just to be super clear, I am not donating money to either candidate for U.S. President." But Musk later changed his mind, reportedly donating $45 million a month of his money to the pro-Trump political action committee American PAC. And according to Quartz, Musk's support of Trump is hurting Tesla's sales: Tesla manufactures electric vehicles, and Trump is an aggressive promoter of fossil fuels who is promising to "drill, baby, drill" if he returns to the White House.

Quartz's William Gavin reports, "The electric vehicle maker's favorability among Democrats has dropped to 16 percent as of July 16, down 20 percentage points from January, Yahoo Finance reports, citing new data from analytics firm CivicScience. Favorability among Republicans has also dropped, falling 13 percentage points to 23 percent."
According to the California Dealers Association, "Californians' love affair with electric vehicle giant Tesla may have peaked,” CivicScience CEO John Dick told Yahoo Finance that "Democrats, more closely than Republicans, associate Elon Musk and his actions with the brand" — which, Gavin notes, "might be a problem for Tesla going forward." Mark Spiegel, a Tesla short seller, told Yahoo Finance that Musk "completely alienated most of his buying base" by endorsing Trump.

Spiegel warned, "It's going to kill the business. I can't imagine a single Democrat, or, let's say, very few of them, willing to buy a Tesla at this point."​

Trash ass cars.