[Box Office] Deadpool/Wolverine won the weekend - still #1 now at a 124 Billion

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Honestly this is objective criticism. For a Deadpool movie this felt pretty flat. This movie disney soughtt out to prove how much they could get away with an r rating so basically the dialogue was paper thin resulting in ;" f-bomb f-bomb f-bomb insert random hay frat boy innuendo".

I watched the other two deadpool movies after seeing this and deadpool 1 had the perfect balance deadpool 2 the humor got repetitive but wt least they tried. The chemistry between colossus mtw and deadpool flowed naturally. The fight choreography was better. The only time i was impressed was the "keep my country's name out of your mouth scene and i was slightly amused at two jokes in the entire movie as i said before most of the cameos didn't surorise me necause everything was leaked. Dp3 was nothing more than an mcu PG-13 movie with r rated hype. They couldve went the once upon a deadpool route and stayed pg-13 with an f-bomb 1 or two f-bombs. This movie was immature even for a deadpool movie. Ot was all spectical and no heart.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Honestly this is objective criticism. For a Deadpool movie this felt pretty flat. This movie disney soughtt out to prove how much they could get away with an r rating so basically the dialogue was paper thin resulting in ;" f-bomb f-bomb f-bomb insert random hay frat boy innuendo".

I watched the other two deadpool movies after seeing this and deadpool 1 had the perfect balance deadpool 2 the humor got repetitive but wt least they tried. The chemistry between colossus mtw and deadpool flowed naturally. The fight choreography was better. The only time i was impressed was the "keep my country's name out of your mouth scene and i was slightly amused at two jokes in the entire movie as i said before most of the cameos didn't surorise me necause everything was leaked. Dp3 was nothing more than an mcu PG-13 movie with r rated hype. They couldve went the once upon a deadpool route and stayed pg-13 with an f-bomb 1 or two f-bombs. This movie was immature even for a deadpool movie. Ot was all spectical and no heart.
Everything you just said! Like word for word.The amount of f-bombs was as unnecessary as the music videos. Which is to say they got unfunny, quickly!

I'll add this though.
A lot of people in here seem to follow the Double Toasted/ Spill movie review guys. I remember one of of their main gripes with the finale of Xmen Origins was that it was three guys who heal instantly just punching, kicking, & stabbing each other. How can you as audience member care if you know that they all heal instantly.

Well just cause you up the violence and number of characters in the screen, don't change that one bit. By the 2nd or 3rd music video of Deadpool and Wolverine being mad and deciding to endlessly shoot & stab each other, I was dosing off.

Like, I'll open my eyes and pay attention again when the music stops, cause until then ain't nothing of lasting consequence happening on screen.

Darkness's

Registered
Everything you just said! Like word for word.The amount of f-bombs was as unnecessary as the music videos. Which is to say they got unfunny, quickly!

I'll add this though.
A lot of people in here seem to follow the Double Toasted/ Spill movie review guys. I remember one of of their main gripes with the finale of Xmen Origins was that it was three guys who heal instantly just punching, kicking, & stabbing each other. How can you as audience member care if you know that they all heal instantly.

Well just cause you up the violence and number of characters in the screen, don't change that one bit. By the 2nd or 3rd music video of Deadpool and Wolverine being mad and deciding to endlessly shoot & stab each other, I was dosing off.

Like, I'll open my eyes and pay attention again when the music stops, cause until then ain't nothing of lasting consequence happening on screen.
Just a critique from my point of view but if other people liked itcool.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In my opinion, they haven't made any good films. As for profitable, you'd have to consult Wikipedia.

Damn Piff come on now

Premiere Of Warner Bros. Pictures' Justice League - Red Carpet

DC Movies In Order Of Release

1. Man of Steel (2013)
  2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
  3. Suicide Squad (2016)
  4. Wonder Woman (2017)
  5. Justice League (2017)
  6. Aquaman (2018)
  7. Shazam! (2019)
  8. Birds of Prey (2020)
  9. Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
  10. Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021)*
  11. The Suicide Squad (2021)
  12. Black Adam (2022)
  13. Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)
  14. The Flash (2023)
  15. Blue Beetle (2023)
  16. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I disagree but that franchise is in the past regardless and DC has struggled to make decent films since.
I'll agree the Snyder years where a disaster, but Joker and The Batman where both excellent and much better than any of the kiddie fluff bullshit marvel has ever made. The MCU has yet to make a single film that will stand the test of time and not eventually looked at as power rangers bullshit.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Damn Piff come on now

Premiere Of Warner Bros. Pictures' Justice League - Red Carpet' Justice League - Red Carpet

DC Movies In Order Of Release

1. Man of Steel (2013)
  2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
  3. Suicide Squad (2016)
  4. Wonder Woman (2017)
  5. Justice League (2017)
  6. Aquaman (2018)
  7. Shazam! (2019)
  8. Birds of Prey (2020)
  9. Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
  10. Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021)*
  11. The Suicide Squad (2021)
  12. Black Adam (2022)
  13. Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2023)
  14. The Flash (2023)
  15. Blue Beetle (2023)
  16. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)
Sorry, Playa, my memory slipped. Wonder Woman (2017) was a really good film. That is all.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
I'll agree the Snyder years where a disaster, but Joker and The Batman where both excellent and much better than any of the kiddie fluff bullshit marvel has ever made. The MCU has yet to make a single film that will stand the test of time and not eventually looked at as power rangers bullshit.
I haven't kept up with the DCEU so, maybe, those films are now a part of it thanks to some multiversal plot but, AFAIK, those two movies aren't part of their cinematic universe.

Their cinematic universe, by the way, is what's considered DC's answer to Marvel's MCU. Marvel has been consistently of higher quality.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I haven't kept up with the DCEU so, maybe, those films are now a part of it thanks to some multiversal plot but, AFAIK, those two movies aren't part of their cinematic universe.

Their cinematic universe, by the way, is what's considered DC's answer to Marvel's MCU. Marvel has been consistently of higher quality.
Yeah they're like esleworld stories but still technically dceu(not that it matters now)

But I will 100% agree(and I'd imagine only a fool would disagree) that the MCU is far superior to what Hack Snyder accomplished with the DCEU. I honestly can't believe they let him go so long ruining great franchises that are almost guaranteed Ws

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Yeah they're like esleworld stories but still technically dceu(not that it matters now)

But I will 100% agree(and I'd imagine only a fool would disagree) that the MCU is far superior to what Hack Snyder accomplished with the DCEU. I honestly can't believe they let him go so long ruining great franchises that are almost guaranteed Ws
I'm not trying to hate on DC, well not completely, but I think when Marvel (all of it not just the MCU) got going they, for the most part, started turning out better films than DC.

Blade, for instance, was better than anything DC produced in the entire 90s. Those 90s Batman films were largely bad except for one. As for the 2000s, with the exception of the Dark Knight franchise, Marvel produced a superior and more diverse range of films.

Going back to the days when DC dominated is essentially going back to endless Batman and Superman films. Marvel forced DC to diversify and use more of their roster but they still haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hold on winter soldier and infinity wars was good

the ones with the best villains

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I liked winter soldier a lot and infinity war was okay if you've watched 75 movies(a total mess as a stand alone film) but neither are great films on the level of joker or the dark knight.
Joker was a great villain but that movie kinda overrated when hes not in the scene.. the joker less parts are not that great or kinda garbage.. Batman stint in Asia is not that great.. the Batman vs Harvey dent scene is ok at best.. people like joker so much they overlook the other parts of the movie.. this is why I tell people unpopular opinion I like Batman begins more than dark knight.. joker was a great bad guy but Batman begins was a better Batman movie.. dark knight rises is just garbage

Darkness's

Registered
I feel you. It's like you can't criticize any in this movie unless you be marked a hater.

I cheered when Logan put on the mask. It was a cool moment. However, like most of the jokes in this movie, it goes in long enough to stop being cool and start looking goofy. For Wolverine's mask specifically, it was the eyes. Deadpool and Spiderman's mask have eyes that are expressive, so it works. Logan's mask with those dead white eyes makes the shit look silly after a while.

Another one is Gambit. From the 90s cartoon to the comics and beyond, I've never questioned that metal neck brace thingy that he wears. Seeing it live action .... So what's that point of the metal neck brace thingy y'all? He looked like Keaton Batman. I wasn’t sure if he could move his neck.

Some things should remain animated because in live action they look silly. :dunno:
Once again its disney and their over design. I will always attack da mouse and not marvel because disney is the true culprit and the man behind the curtain.

The main problem with gambits MASK is thst disney made it helmet like so the materials are wrong. Its basically an open faced ski mask so instead of that shiny latex rubber they could've used nylons instead and as a bonus he would've been able to turn his head better. Second problem was those weird ridges on his helmet. He looks like a screw.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Once again its disney and their over design. I will always attack da mouse and not marvel because disney is the true culprit and the man behind the curtain.

The main problem with gambits MASK is thst disney made it helmet like so the materials are wrong. Its basically an open faced ski mask so instead of that shiny latex rubber they could've used nylons instead and as a bonus he would've been able to turn his head better. Second problem was those weird ridges on his helmet. He looks like a screw.

He was looking for something to complain about in that video. Essentially his whole argument is that Marvel uses too many lines in their costume design. I turned it off when he said the costumes in the DCEU are "iconic." They're largely forgettable but that's not necessarily a bad thing since they're going for comic accuracy.

Anyway, I can remember a time when someone thought it was a good idea to give Batman nipples.

Bat-nipples-George-Clooney.jpg

Marvel's costumes are genius by comparison. Anyway, if the worst thing you can say about a superhero franchise is that it has ugly costumes, then you can't have too many problems with it.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

gonna b the 2nd billion dollar movie this year ....

MV5BYzE5MjY1ZDgtMTkyNC00MTMyLThhMjAtZGI5OTE1NzFlZGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_SY139_CR0,0,92,139_.jpg

Deadpool (2016)​

Worldwide
$782,837,347

MV5BNjk1Njk3YjctMmMyYS00Y2I4LThhMzktN2U0MTMyZTFlYWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODM2ODEzMDA@._V1_SY139_CR23,0,92,139_.jpg

Deadpool 2 (2018)​

Worldwide
$785,896,632

Addition of Wolverine put it over the top ... dont miss often but missed on this one ... :money:

wonder how high it will go on the billion dollar club list ... inside out is already top 10 all time ....:eek2:

MEV3V1Y_o.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
453842891_122162149136231122_6921256273586280118_n.jpg

According to The Hollywood Handle, Disney becomes the first studio in 2024 to earn over $3 Billion globally.

This success comes mainly from major box-office wins like "Inside Out 2" and "Deadpool & Wolverine", which already earned over $1.5B and $824M consecutively.

In comparison, the studio made $4.82 Billion in 2023.

Titles like ‘Alien: Romulus,’ ‘Moana 2’ and ‘Mufasa: The Lion King’ are yet to be released this year.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
453842891_122162149136231122_6921256273586280118_n.jpg

According to The Hollywood Handle, Disney becomes the first studio in 2024 to earn over $3 Billion globally.

This success comes mainly from major box-office wins like "Inside Out 2" and "Deadpool & Wolverine", which already earned over $1.5B and $824M consecutively.

In comparison, the studio made $4.82 Billion in 2023.

Titles like ‘Alien: Romulus,’ ‘Moana 2’ and ‘Mufasa: The Lion King’ are yet to be released this year.
images