BREAKING: Rappers YoungThug, Gunna, and 28 defendants charged in 56 count indictment in Fulton County.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

MEQSS7Z_o.jpg

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered
Maybe one of these days you can explain to me how admitted drug dealers, easy E and Jay Z, avoided being on the government's radar. In fact, Suge got away with a lot until he just didn't know when to chill.

What changed that now folks are going after rappers, using their art against them?
You answered your own question to a large extent. They just knew when to chill.

Plus, this is a while different era and since drugs openly isn't just affecting black folks like it used to, it's a lot easier to get on the radar of the government.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe one of these days you can explain to me how admitted drug dealers, easy E and Jay Z, avoided being on the government's radar. In fact, Suge got away with a lot until he just didn't know when to chill.

What changed that now folks are going after rappers, using their art against them?
States weren't using RICO then. Can you point a finger at stuff Easy was doing once he went legit?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
States weren't using RICO then. Can you point a finger at stuff Easy was doing once he went legit?
Not saying he was doing anything illegal after he started ruthless (other than threatening to kill ice cube.. Lol), but back in those days police were quick to confiscate ANYTHING tied to drug money.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
Man this trial is taking long. Need them to speed up their decision and rid Atlanta of trash that only keeps us down. It be disgusting when I see posts on IG regarding this trial. Lots of cats talking bout, "free thugga." "Thug is innocent," like fuck all them niggaz, they do a lot of dirt and that shit comes back to you.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not saying he was doing anything illegal after he started ruthless (other than threatening to kill ice cube.. Lol), but back in those days police were quick to confiscate ANYTHING tied to drug money.
So if they was quick to confiscate and his shit wasn't that tells you all you need to know.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man this trial is taking long. Need them to speed up their decision and rid Atlanta of trash that only keeps us down. It be disgusting when I see posts on IG regarding this trial. Lots of cats talking bout, "free thugga." "Thug is innocent," like fuck all them niggaz, they do a lot of dirt and that shit comes back to you.

My buddy who college educated talking about the government wrong for using his lyrics because its art. I'm like neegah when your art is corroborated with crimes committed that shit ain't art no more. When you saying you real in these streets then rapping about crimes that shit ain't art. Them dudes literally giving statements to crimes.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So if they was quick to confiscate and his shit wasn't that tells you all you need to know.
Jay Z drug story was always questionable so I understood that may have been a bullshit story. Easy and Suge where both known gangstas and Easy was supposedly a legit dealer at one point.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sorry for the double response, but I wanted to highlight that this is what I would have expected for Ruthless and maybe death row at some point.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
My buddy who college educated talking about the government wrong for using his lyrics because its art. I'm like neegah when your art is corroborated with crimes committed that shit ain't art no more. When you saying you real in these streets then rapping about crimes that shit ain't art. Them dudes literally giving statements to crimes.
Fareal, like the law ain't gone connect the two. Shit reminds me of that scene from the wire when Stringer Bell told the nigga who was taking notes during their meetings. He asked," is you taking notes on a criminal fuckin conspiracy?"

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They are what happens when you don't learn consequences in the home. You will learn them in the streets or in the courthouse.

They actually believe they haven't done anything wrong or that they can talk their way out of it.

"I din do nuttin" might work with granma but not with the judge.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They never said Billy Bad Ass was smart but he was Bad Leroy Brown Bad.
The mastermind,the livewire,the shooter,the one everyone else followed to the grave or too prison and he's not good at basic math and probably can't read as well as he should as a grown adult male.

Just throw some time out there for these fools,let them plead guilty and move on cause this trial is a lot of money and if they don't change what hasn't caught up to them eventually will at some point.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Because they were not rapping about actual crimes they recently committed, including murder for hire. They were not on the internet throwing up gang signs and holding weapons. The list can go on

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because they were not rapping about actual crimes they recently committed, including murder for hire. They were not on the internet throwing up gang signs and holding weapons. The list can go on
true but they were often doing interviews talking about their drug dealing days, so there's that.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
true but they were often doing interviews talking about their drug dealing days, so there's that.
Yeah but there not bragging about homicides. You can only bust somebody for drug dealing during a transaction. The things they were talking about was past tense. They were out of the game by then you can't bust somebody when they're legit. It's like being high in prohibited states. The cops can't do nothing if you're already high and done smoking they ain't gonna fuck with you for being high.