BYRNA- A nonlethal weapon. Pepper/Teargas projectile "gun"

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Sharing for those with young daughters or anyone needing self defense. If you want to stop the threat without necessarily killing them. That's a heavy load for a kid to bear for example.

Www.byrna.com

It won't let me copy and paste the link.
SD-XL-Hero-Mobile.jpg

The Byrna Launcher is an incredibly powerful and effective non-lethal self-defense weapon that can be taken virtually anywhere. Powered by compressed air (CO2), the Byrna Launcher shoots .68 caliber round kinetic and chemical irritant projectiles that can disable a threat from up to 60-feet away.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Spoke with a cop about it, (in NY), he was like you can buy it sure but he doesn't recommend it for a few reasons:
- If you pull that in self defense and the person you're using it on pulls a real gun in that split second, you're getting shot and possibly killed.
- Cops might see it and mistake it for a real gun and you put yourself at risk in that situation, he said there are guns that come in all different colors now so having a colored non-lethal in the shape of a gun is not enough for a cop to think it's not a possible threat.
- If the person you're using it on has an accomplice that's out of your line of sight, you'll give them more reason to harm you from your blindside or behind after striking their partner.

Still debating on if I'm going to get it.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor
Spoke with a cop about it, (in NY), he was like you can buy it sure but he doesn't recommend it for a few reasons:
- If you pull that in self defense and the person you're using it on pulls a real gun in that split second, you're getting shot and possibly killed.
- Cops might see it and mistake it for a real gun and you put yourself at risk in that situation, he said there are guns that come in all different colors now so having a colored non-lethal in the shape of a gun is not enough for a cop to think it's not a possible threat.
- If the person you're using it on has an accomplice that's out of your line of sight, you'll give them more reason to harm you from your blindside or behind after striking their partner.

Move outta NY. You can buy a real blicka for that price down south.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Was coming in here to post this.
On the surface, it seems like a good idea, provided your assailant does not also have a gun.
If you're gonna pull, PULL. If the assailant is not easily affected by pepper spray, that's your ass.
If its Halle Berry, you can hang it up.

:lol:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was coming in here to post this.
On the surface, it seems like a good idea, provided your assailant does not also have a gun.
If you're gonna pull, PULL. If the assailant is not easily affected by pepper spray, that's your ass.
If its Halle Berry, you can hang it up.

:lol:

not really when it comes to the pepper spray part, because the projectiles do enough damage to break skin through thick clothing and coats. I watched a demonstration with metal rounds, someone without a gun ain't gonna be able to take many shots of that, 1 would hurt em enough to make them fuck off. Catch them in the head or face, they're gonna need medical attention lol. But yea 100% about the gun part.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Adrenaline and tolerance to pain will definitely play a part but add the pepper rounds to it it should do what it's meant to do, give you a moment to get away or get someone to backoff. The last video shows that HD version can be unreliable, the updated models are supposedly better.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member

Damn it's useless they didn't even fall to the ground after shooting each other. Imagine a violent attacker who adrenaline is on 10. He'll eat that shit and kill you with a real weapon. If someone buys this they're only hope is the pepper balls will burns the eyes of the attacker.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like a real gun....and aint no one smart going to risk their lives with that.

NY you can't buy any of that shit but I'm not moving outta NY just to buy guns.....stupid idea.

700+ dollars?I can get a brand new gun outta the box for less than that

I like the stun gun best cause one zap shit just gets different