Clove Smokers: No More Cloves Buy em now and re sell them

BrockLanders

Support BGOL
Registered
For those of us who smoke cloves I went to buy some today and they are no longer being sold in the u.s. I am going to buy some packs and sell them on Ebay and to my friend for about $20 a pack

:angry::angry:

BrockLanders

Support BGOL
Registered
Bullshit!

Went to buy them and the store owner told me! Check the wiki below because I didn't believe it either.

Djarum is an Indonesian kretek (clove cigarette) manufacturer and currently the third biggest after Gudang Garam and HM Sampoerna. It was founded in 1951 by Oei Wie Gwan.

[edit] History

In 1951 Oei Wie Gwan, an ethnic Chinese businessman bought a nearly defunct cigarette company in Kudus, Central Java known as NV Murup. Originally the brand was called Djarum Gramofon which means 'gramophone needle' he shortened it into Djarum which only means needle. The company's first brand was 'Djarum' and it proved to be a huge success. The company began creating a new brand known as 'Kotak Adjaib'. The company was nearly extinct when in 1963 a huge fire destroyed the company's factory which was followed by the death of Oei Wie Gwan. Nevertheless, the new owners - Oei Wie Gwan's children, Budi and Bambang Hartono, took the opportunity to rebuild and modernize the company.

In 1970 the company built a research & development center to create new kretek blends. The company realized the potential of exporting its products and began exporting in 1972. In 1976 the company succeeded in creating the first machine-made kretek known as Djarum filter and in 1980, one of the company's most popular brands - Djarum Super was launched. Budi and Bambang Hartono diversified the company's activity outside of cigarette manufacturing. After the monetary crisis of 1998, the company became a part of a consortium which bought Bank Central Asia (BCA) from BPPN, the largest private bank in Indonesia which was formerly a part of the Salim Group. Presently the majority stake of the bank (51%) is controlled by Djarum. In 2004 the Djarum Group acquired a 30 year BOT contract from the government to develop and renovate Hotel Indonesia in Jakarta under the Grand Indonesia project.

The Djarum badminton club (PB Djarum) was founded in 1974 by company CEO Budi Hartono. Its players such as Liem Swie King and Alan Budikusuma have participated and won numerous championships for Indonesia.

Beginning in October 2009, Djarum cigarettes will no longer be available for purchase in the US. The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act was introduced in the US Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama, giving the FDA even more control of tobacco regulations; one of the provisions in the law includes a ban on the use of flavors in tobacco, other than menthol. The ban includes kreteks.

PsyenceRawk

Rising Star
Registered
you think you can still buy flavored tobacco for narghila(hooka)? i like to go to hooka bars or chill at home with my narghila and smoke flavored tobacco... but if they stoppin it i'm gonna have to buy some online!?!?:angry:

JohnJuan

Banned
Went to buy them and the store owner told me! Check the wiki below because I didn't believe it either.

Djarum is an Indonesian kretek (clove cigarette) manufacturer and currently the third biggest after Gudang Garam and HM Sampoerna. It was founded in 1951 by Oei Wie Gwan.

[edit] History

In 1951 Oei Wie Gwan, an ethnic Chinese businessman bought a nearly defunct cigarette company in Kudus, Central Java known as NV Murup. Originally the brand was called Djarum Gramofon which means 'gramophone needle' he shortened it into Djarum which only means needle. The company's first brand was 'Djarum' and it proved to be a huge success. The company began creating a new brand known as 'Kotak Adjaib'. The company was nearly extinct when in 1963 a huge fire destroyed the company's factory which was followed by the death of Oei Wie Gwan. Nevertheless, the new owners - Oei Wie Gwan's children, Budi and Bambang Hartono, took the opportunity to rebuild and modernize the company.

In 1970 the company built a research & development center to create new kretek blends. The company realized the potential of exporting its products and began exporting in 1972. In 1976 the company succeeded in creating the first machine-made kretek known as Djarum filter and in 1980, one of the company's most popular brands - Djarum Super was launched. Budi and Bambang Hartono diversified the company's activity outside of cigarette manufacturing. After the monetary crisis of 1998, the company became a part of a consortium which bought Bank Central Asia (BCA) from BPPN, the largest private bank in Indonesia which was formerly a part of the Salim Group. Presently the majority stake of the bank (51%) is controlled by Djarum. In 2004 the Djarum Group acquired a 30 year BOT contract from the government to develop and renovate Hotel Indonesia in Jakarta under the Grand Indonesia project.

The Djarum badminton club (PB Djarum) was founded in 1974 by company CEO Budi Hartono. Its players such as Liem Swie King and Alan Budikusuma have participated and won numerous championships for Indonesia.

Beginning in October 2009, Djarum cigarettes will no longer be available for purchase in the US. The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act was introduced in the US Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama, giving the FDA even more control of tobacco regulations; one of the provisions in the law includes a ban on the use of flavors in tobacco, other than menthol. The ban includes kreteks.

man, that's hard to believe. I was hooked on them Djarum's for a minute. They go good with a nice drank in the strip club.

BrockLanders

Support BGOL
Registered
Damn if they outlaw hookahs that could be crazy. I am thinking it's just cigarettes. But I am not sure. Most hookah places serve alchohol so maybe because you have to be 21 maybe its still cool. This is crazy.

mealstrom

Star
Registered
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

This is what happens when we allow the government to decide what is and isn't good for us.

Be careful about selling that shit on Ebay - that's a Federal crime.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Go to an Indian bodega or restaurant. Get cool with them. Trust me, them Indians will have the hookup.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you think you can still buy flavored tobacco for narghila(hooka)? i like to go to hooka bars or chill at home with my narghila and smoke flavored tobacco... but if they stoppin it i'm gonna have to buy some online!?!?:angry:

:eek: Throws a few coals on the hotplate, packs a bowl of Starbuzz Strawberry Daquari, and fires up the hookah.:D

Rick Ronson

Banned
posterage09.jpg

blkdontrmp

Star
Registered
its time to quit anyway...
Here in VA they scanning drivers license when you buy alcohol and tobacco.. so you know that info is now gonna be tracked for healthcare reasons..
and the new VA Drivers License look crazy

before -
license01.jpg

after -
virginia-drivers-license-turn-laser-black-4539_1.jpg
thats not me. just a example of it online...

Heres the changes:
New Secure Cards

When you receive your new driver's license or ID card in the mail, it will have a new look and feel with state-of-the-art security features. The cards are made of polycarbonate materials.
Security printing covers the new licenses and ID cards. Fine lines, variable patterns, micro-lettering, and overlapping data cannot be reproduced with desktop printers.
Data is laser engraved into the body of the card, rather than printed on the surface.
Unlike color photographs that rest on the surface of a card, the black and white customer photograph is embedded into the card body. In addition, a clear window on the card contains a second laser engraved black and white photograph of the customer, visible from the front and back of the card.
Both clear and black raised lettering engraved into the card can be felt on the surface of the card.
All Virginia driver's licenses and ID cards are produced in a secure facility located in Danville, Virginia. The facility is comparable to a credit card production center with a high level of security and restricted access.
Sophisticated equipment in a centralized environment produces credentials with technologically advanced security features greater than printers available for use in DMV customer service centers.
The new production center and process, and security features make Virginia's driver's licenses and ID cards one of the most secure and trusted state-issued credentials in the nation.

*** and you cant smile in the pics no more.. straight up Jail Pics now

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not illegal to own or smoke - just illegal to be shipped to the US. It'll be illegal for the stores to buy them, but you are okay to buy them from the stores.

Well I'm pretty sure dude on Canal and Baronne will still have them.

destrehan

Star
Registered
and signed into law by President Barack Obama,

BITCH ASS NIGGA

he smoke his damn self. he a bitch boy for lobbyists and nothing more.

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

Am happy I put them shits down anyway as have been fucking with them shits off & on since a yougin in the 80s.
Too much clove oil up in your lungs will fuck your shit up in the longrun:smh:

peace

BrockLanders

Support BGOL
Registered
So if the stores can't get them and you can't ship them unless underground (its not that serious for me) how are you to get them?

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i thought it was on the 22nd...???`i'm going to order a carton and when those are one it's time for me to quit...:yes:

AJ26231

Support BGOL
Registered
I was in the store yesterday an the owner told me that they will sell them as cidgars, after the 22nd.