Comic Book Movie News: FANTASTIC FOUR UPDATE: ROBERT DOWNEY JR IS DOCTOR DOOM! NEW THEME SONG RELEASED

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

looks like this will be a bootleg for me, unless RDJ can change his entire body to look completely different, I'm good. I mean Disney with all the money they have they couldn't find another actor out of the millions of actors out there to play Doom. Damn I would rather they recycle Mads Mikkelson play Dr. Doom. Damn they could even went with Mads boy Nikloaj Coster Waldau. They could have even gone with Vincent Cassel the face of Doom in the comic books.

CsRv6i4UIAEVOJI.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
looks like this will be a bootleg for me, unless RDJ can change his entire body to look completely different, I'm good. I mean Disney with all the money they have they couldn't find another actor out of the millions of actors out there to play Doom. Damn I would rather they recycle Mads Mikkelson play Dr. Doom. Damn they could even went with Mads boy Nikloaj Coster Waldau. They could have even gone with Vincent Cassel the face of Doom in the comic books.

CsRv6i4UIAEVOJI.jpg

Its gonna be fine and I believe Gunn gonna be fine

Can we at least WAIT till we see the movie BEFORE we trash it?

If you go in with all that negative energy creating a movie in your HEAD it will never compare

unless you make it yourself.

Go in positive and if your disappointed yeah I get it.

But saying you don't like something before its even its created?

don't make no type sense to me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

How Long Did 'Fantastic Four's Director Know About That Robert Downey Jr. Reveal?​

By Rahul Malhotra
Published 12 hours ago
Thread

Follow
Link copied to clipboard

Sign In To Your Collider Account

A close-up of Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) inside his helmet looking at his HUD
Image via Marvel Studios

THE BIG PICTURE​

• Director Matt Shakman talks about Robert Downey Jr.'s return as Doctor Doom in The Fantastic Four: First Steps.
  • Downey Jr. is set to take on the role of Victor Von Doom in the MCU.
  • The announcement was made at SDCC, where it was also revealed that Avengers 5 will be called Avengers: Doomsday.
Everybody who works at Marvel Studios on their epic superhero movies knows that it’s going to be a collaborative process. Directors on different films often weigh in on separate projects, purely because of how interconnected these movies often are. Back in the Phase One days, filmmakers would pop down to different sets to shoot those iconic stingers as a tease for their own future films. More recently, The Fantastic Four: First Steps director Matt Shakman, who has been tasked with the immense responsibility of introducing Marvel’s first family to the MCU, spoke about the bombshell revelation of Robert Downey Jr.’s return to the franchise as the iconic Doctor Doom.
CLOSE ✕

Advertisement: 0:00

The character obviously shares the closest ties with the Fantastic Four, who will also appear in the upcoming (and newly titled) Avengers: Doomsday. But was Shakman aware of what’s cooking before signing on to direct his Fantastic Four movie? He spoke to Collider’s Therese Lacson at the ongoing San Diego Comic-Con about the grand reveal, and its implications on the future of the characters that he’s set to introduce. Shakman said that he’s known about Downey’s involvement “for a while,” and had to keep it “under wraps” from everybody. In his own words:
“It’s incredible exciting. I’m a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr., of course, and there’s no one bigger. And I have heard about it for a while, and I had to keep that secret for a while. But it’s really exciting! I kept it under wraps.”‘

Avengers: Doomsday’ Will Also Mark a Return to the MCU for Directors Joe and Anthony Russo​

Anthony-&-Joe-Russo-Citadel-Interview
Image via Prime Video
Shakman first collaborated with Marvel on the Disney+ streaming series WandaVision a few years ago. Downey, of course, was catapulted to the upper pinnacle of the A-list after starring as Tony Stark/Iron Man for over a decade in the MCU. He bid an emotional farewell to the character with 2019’s Avengers: Endgame, and for a while, it seemed like he was transitioning away from the superhero genre. He recently won an Oscar for his supporting performance in Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer. Downey will reunite with Endgame directors Joe Russo and Anthony Russo on Avengers: Doomsday, which is set for a 2026 release.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its gonna be fine and I believe Gunn gonna be fine

Can we at least WAIT till we see the movie BEFORE we trash it?

If you go in with all that negative energy creating a movie in your HEAD it will never compare

unless you make it yourself.

Go in positive and if your disappointed yeah I get it.

But saying you don't like something before its even its created?

don't make no type sense to me.
When I watch an Avengers movie or an Iron Man movie and I see RDJ play Iron Man I feel like I'm just seeing RDJ no acting what so ever. So is it going to be the same with Doctor Doom? I don't even see Doom in him whereas when I look at Mads Mikkelson, Vincent Cassel, Julian Mcmahon I see it. My opinion they dropped the ball on this.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
This is going to be dumb. Now every character from the iron man universe where he died will see him and do that stupid head tilt and make the same comment over and over. I think this is a set up for something else.