Comic Book Movie News: FANTASTIC FOUR UPDATE: ROBERT DOWNEY JR IS DOCTOR DOOM! NEW THEME SONG RELEASED

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
fantastic-4-cast-announcement-tout-021424-efcf79ec623e45a0973382295d52ecc4.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They too old

This part.....

Pedro Is 49, Ebon is 47.... a decent trilogy will be at least 6/7 years if there's no scheduling issues, another pandemic. ....etc but more realistically anout 10 yrs.

A nearly 60 yr old Pedro for 3 movies (maybe more cameos) is not the same as RDJ for 10 movies/cameos over 12 years.... this may be too tough an ask

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Friends have told me that Disney has met several times with WB about buying or licensing DC comic properties.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm just glad it's going to be a "Period Piece".
The Fantastic Four are Comic Book's "First Family" (though that can be debatable).
Are representative of The 60s.
Which was the FUN Silver Age of Comics.
And The Dawn of The Space Age.
It was also about '69/'70 when I read My first issue.
Which was the wedding of Reed and Sue (may have been a FF reprint issue).

Seeing the team with a 60s aesthetic will be AWESOME!!!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm just glad it's going to be a "Period Piece".
The Fantastic Four are Comic Book's "First Family" (though that can be debatable).
Are representative of The 60s.
Which was the FUN Silver Age of Comics.
And The Dawn of The Space Age.
It was also about '69/'70 when I read My first issue.
Which was the wedding of Reed and Sue (may have been a FF reprint issue).

Seeing the team with a 60s aesthetic will be AWESOME!!!
I know it isn't going to happen, but I would love to see the Original X-Men squad in a period piece film alongside the Fantastic Four.
Yeah, I saw the Hank McCoy cameo in "The Marvels" end credit scene, but I would love to see Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel, and Beast in his original form in the sixties.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I know it isn't going to happen, but I would love to see the Original X-Men squad in a period piece film alongside the Fantastic Four.
Yeah, I saw the Hank McCoy cameo in "The Marvels" end credit scene, but I would love to see Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel, and Beast in his original form in the sixties.

^^^^^
Damn right.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I really want to see THIS!!!
I have no interest in seeing Dr. Doom again.
MOLE MAN PLEASE!!!
sAidST2But6_5xGENprGcdplh30OCCIF5aZvTeFFQbVaxY4MYW0LBb_hk3Jfu3HlyFuSpOdB7q_n=s0
Not bullshitting....I had a copy of this comic as a kid in the mid 80s. The cover wasn't pristine, perfect or mint, but yeah, in my early comic book collecting days, a cousin of mine gave me a copy of this comic book...

Last edited:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So this is going to be set in the 60s..?

I presume there will be a after-credit scene that shows them in the present day,and they run into Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not bullshitting....I had a copy of this comic as a kid in the mid 80s. The cover wasn't pristine, perfect or mint, but yeah, in my early comic book collecting days, a cousin of mine gave me a copy of this comic book...

my brother from another.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This part.....

Pedro Is 49, Ebon is 47.... a decent trilogy will be at least 6/7 years if there's no scheduling issues, another pandemic. ....etc but more realistically anout 10 yrs.

A nearly 60 yr old Pedro for 3 movies (maybe more cameos) is not the same as RDJ for 10 movies/cameos over 12 years.... this may be too tough an ask
Very well said. My exact thoughts. They just set up the FF for failure.