Country Music: Morgan Wallen Is ‘Embarrassed’ That He Used the N-Word in Leaked Video UPDATE: Diddy to the rescue!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Morgan Wallen Is ‘Embarrassed’ That He Used the N-Word in Leaked Video
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha
Photo: Getty Images for CMA
Morgan Wallen found himself issuing yet another public apology on Tuesday night, after TMZ leaked a video of Wallen using the N-word. In the video, which was reportedly recorded by a neighbor, Wallen can be seen walking home in Nashville with friends and calls one of them the N-word. “I’m embarrassed and sorry,” Wallen told TMZ in a statement. “I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back. There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever. I want to sincerely apologize for using the word. I promise to do better.” Wallen has spent three weeks atop the Billboard charts for his album, Dangerous, which also broke the first-week streaming record for a country album.

The news out of Nashville tonight does not represent country music.

Many in the country music community have already commented on the situation, with Mickey Guyton, who was the first Black female solo artist to receive a Grammy nomination in a country category, tweeting, “This is not his first time using that ‘unacceptable’ racial slur and we all known that. So what exactly are y’all going to do about it. Crickets won’t work this time.” Kelsea Ballerini, meanwhile, tweeted, “The news out of Nashville tonight does not represent country music.” Maren Morris seemingly responded on Twitter, writing, “It actually IS representative of our town because this isn’t his first ‘scuffle’ and he just demolished a huge streaming record last month regardless. We all know it wasn’t his first time using that word. We keep them rich and protected at all costs with no recourse.”

This is not Wallen’s first brush with controversy. In May of last year, he was arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct at Kid Rock’s Big Ass Honky Tonk Rock N’ Roll Steakhouse in Nashville. Months later in October, his performance on Saturday Night Live was cancelled after videos of him partying and ignoring COVID-19 protocols went viral on social media. He apologized at the time, calling his actions “pretty short-sighted.” Wallen was then allowed to appear on the show in December.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
of course he is racist.... what pasty headed mullet wearing pinktoe

euro hybrid living on stolen land called Nashville, aint...

even though these folks are not really racist, they are using that to hide their

guilt, they know how they got here and they know what they are doin to stay here...

they created the wall of racism to hide behind...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Country singer Morgan Wallen apologizes after being caught on video using the N-word

The singer, who was disinvited from SNL last year after a video showed him partying during quarantine, is apologizing for using a racial slur in a new video.
February 03, 2021 at 07:31 AM EST

Morgan Wallen is apologizing after a video surfaced of the country music singer using the N-word.

"I'm embarrassed and sorry," Wallen, 27, said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE. "I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back.

"There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever."

"I want to sincerely apologize for using the word," he added. "I promise to do better."

In a video obtained by TMZ, Wallen and some friends arrive at his house after a night out, and were loud enough to garner the attention of neighbors. The video was reportedly captured by a neighbor's doorbell camera over the weekend.

In the video, according to the website, the singer uses the N-word to describe one of his drunk friends.

In October, Wallen was disinvited from performing on Saturday Night Live after he broke coronavirus protocols by attending a crowded party in Alabama. Wallen received widespread criticism for ignoring the pandemic and kissing several women in videos that surfaced after the partying.

At the time, Wallen said in an Instagram video that his actions were "pretty short-sighted" and that he respected the show's decision to remove him as the musical guest.

"I take ownership for this. I'd like to apologize to SNL, to my fans, to my team, for bringing me these opportunities and I let 'em down," he said.

Two months later, Wallen was invited back and performed on the show when Jason Bateman was host — and the duo even starred in a skit about the country singer's partying.

Wallen told PEOPLE last month that he "should have been more aware" of his actions.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
What’s with all these cacs trying to be rappers. He’s trying to use it like he’s Black. Fuck this cac and yall was on here saying you have no problem with cacs saying it? Fuck Josh Allen too

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Morgan Wallen Tells Fans ‘Please Don’t’ Defend Him in New Apology Video
By Justin Curto
Photo: Jason Kempin/ACMA2020/Getty Images for ACM

Morgan Wallen released a new apology, eight days after TMZ published a video of him saying the N-word to friends. In the five-minute video, posted to Instagram late on February 10, Wallen gave more details on the incident and his next steps, and implored fans to stop defending his use of a racial slur. “This week, I’ve been waiting to say anything further until I got the chance to apologize to those closest to me that I knew I personally hurt,” he said, naming his parents and son among that group. Wallen said he would be working with “amazing Black organizations” that had reached out in the wake of the incident. “One thing I’ve learned already is, that I’m specifically sorry for, is that it matters,” he said. “My words matter. A word can truly hurt a person, and at my core, that’s not what I’m okay with.” Wallen also said the video was filmed during “hour 72 of 72 of a bender,” and that he had been sober for the last nine days. “When I look at the times that I’m not [sober], it seems to be when the majority of my mistakes are made,” Wallen added. The country star had previously been arrested for disorderly conduct at Kid Rock’s Nashville bar last May and had his Saturday Night Live appearance canceled when video emerged of him partying without a mask during the COVID-19 pandemic. (He was able to perform two months later.)

Since the video emerged, Wallen has been “suspended” from his label, Big Loud, and dropped from his agency, WME. Most major radio networks have pulled his music from rotation, and the Academy of Country Music said it “will halt” Wallen’s eligibility for the 2021 awards. Yet Wallen’s album, Dangerous, still kept its top spot on the current Billboard 200, after fans continued to buy Wallen’s music after the video came out — while some others online have even tried to rationalize his use of a racial slur. At the end of his new apology, Wallen seemed to call out those fans. “I appreciate those who still see something in me and have defended me, but for today, please don’t,” he said. “I was wrong. It’s on me. I take ownership for this. And I fully accept any penalties I’m facing. The timing of my return is solely upon me and the work I put in.” Wallen concluding by quoting the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:13, on giving up “childish ways.” “That’s what I’mma be doing,” Wallen said.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is this a thread on BGOL ? So a crakka country singer used nigga talking to his friend....

1) why would we care? it's not like we buying his music or going to his shows
2) would you expect a crakka country singer not to use the word and in fact to use it in a racist way
3) And why again is this a thread on BGOL ?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Morgan Wallen's sales spike, his sister slams 'cancel culture' after he's recorded using racial slur
Elise Brisco
Nashville Tennessean

Morgan Wallen has faced a week of repercussions after a video released Tuesday showed the singer using a racial slur, but the artist is seeing a spike in album sales and streams.

The video was released Feb. 2 around 9 p.m. ET. In the following days, Wallen's streams and album sales spiked despite major radio players, IHeartMedia and Entercom, announcing his music would be taken out of rotation, according to data by Billboard and Rolling Stone.
Billboard and Rolling Stone's data compares radio airplay to sales and streams of Wallen's music between Tuesday (when the video was released) and the days after.

His radio airplay across U.S. genres fell from 2,100 plays on Feb. 2 to 617 plays by Feb. 3, an approximate 71% drop, according to Billboard.

But Wallen's album sales and streams saw an increase despite the radio declines, Billboard reported.

Billboard reports that his latest album sold 25,000 copies during the week ending Feb. 4, an increase of 102%, according to MRC Data. Billboard reported that that the album’s streaming numbers slightly increased by 3%, representing roughly 160 million on-demand streams. Song downloads from the album also went up by 67%.

The bump in interest extended beyond just Wallen’s current album. Daily sales of his first album “If I Know Me,” released in 2018, also increased from 200 to 2,500 on the week ending Feb. 4, according to data provided by MRC Data.

Wallen’s sophomore record, “Dangerous: The Double Album” also retains its top spot for a fourth week on Billboard’s all-genre albums chart, less than a week after Wallen apologized for using racist language.

Rolling Stone reports numbers that point to the same spikes reported by Billboard.

There was a 79% drop in radio play between Wednesday and Thursday following the video's release, according to Rolling Stone through their data analytics provided by Alpha Data.

The same data points to the artist's sales increasing 1,220% between Tuesday and Wednesday.

His position on Spotify's top streaming charts also saw an uptick since the incident. Wallen is absent from Spotify's premier country playlist, yet his songs are elevating on the app's top U.S. streaming charts. On Tuesday his popular song "Wasted On You" was ranked No. 14 on the Top 200 chart, but by Thursday, two days after the video was released, "Wasted On You" jumped to No. 9.

Other artists have experienced spikes in streams after facing scandal. In 2019, R. Kelly's music saw a similar spike.

In the three days after the premiere of "Surviving R. Kelly," a documentary that delved into sexual and physical abuse allegations against the artist, Kelly's daily song and album sales more than doubled when compared with daily sales for the previous two weeks, according to data compiled by Nielsen, a data analytics company best known for TV ratings. On-demand audio streams for the same period showed a 76% increase and video streams increased by 85%.

In the video, Wallen told a friend to "take care of this ... (slur)," apparently referring to another person in the group while being dropped off at a house. Wallen said he is "embarrassed and sorry."

"I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back," Wallen said in a statement. "There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever. I want to sincerely apologize for using the word. I promise to do better.”

Since then he has been suspended from his record label, cut off from his agency, William Morris Endeavor, and deemed ineligible for Academy of Country Music awards.

"The Academy does not condone or support intolerance or behavior that doesn't align with our commitment and dedication to diversity and inclusion," the ACM said in a Twitter statement Wednesday, just two months ahead of the 56th ACM Awards in April.

The artist's sister, Ashlyne Wallen, responded to criticisms of her brother in a lengthy Instagram post on Friday, slamming "cancel culture" and dubbing her brother's choice words "completely unacceptable" but added they "did not come from a place of hate or malicious intent."

"Believe me, he is well aware of his wrongdoing and will be making changes in his life to rectify his actions in any way that he can," she wrote. "But the way he is being portrayed at the moment is simply not who he is as a human being. ... The world is so fragile right now. There is more hate and division than we can bare (sic) for much longer. Let's come together in love and move toward a world of kindness and forgiveness."
Ashlyne Wallen declined further comment to USA TODAY.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Morgan Wallen’s Sales Skyrocket After Racial Slur Controversy

Despite being removed from playlists, Wallen’s streams did not dip on Wednesday. His digital album sales also rose 1,220 percent

By
EMILY BLAKE

Morgan Wallen
John Shearer*

Despite the country music industry’s swift withdrawal of support for Morgan Wallen after a video of him surfaced Tuesday night using a racial slur — a breakneck fall from grace that has included much of the radio industry pulling his songs from airwaves, his contract with Big Loud Records being suspended “indefinitely,” and the Academy of Country Music halting his “potential involvement and eligibility” for this year’s awards — the country singer lost no support from his fans on streaming.
Wallen’s sales increased 1,220 percent on Wednesday compared to Tuesday, while his song sales were up 327 percent, according to Alpha Data, the data analytics provider that powers the Rolling Stone Charts. And despite being removed from playlists like Today’s Country on Apple Music and Spotify’s Hot Country Songs, his streams did not dip on Wednesday at all. (Wallen’s music remains on the services since his label, Big Loud, has not removed any material.) Wallen’s on-demand audio streams were up 6 percent, while his programmed streams increased 16 percent compared to Tuesday.

Wallen did, however, see a 79 percent drop in radio spins on Wednesday and Thursday compared to the previous two days, according to Alpha Data, after radio chains including iHeartMedia, SiriusXM, Entercom and Cumulus Media announced they were pulling his songs from airwaves.

RELATED
No More Bystanders: Why It's Time for Country Music Fans to Step Up
Morgan Wallen to Fans: Don't Defend Me

According to Variety, Cumulus Media sent program directors a note saying, “Effective immediately, we request that all of Morgan Wallen’s music be removed from our playlists without exception.” An iHeart spokesperson told Rolling Stone, “In light of Morgan Wallen’s recent actions involving the use of a racial slur, we have made the decision to remove his music and content from our stations effective immediately.” Entercom and SiriusXM also confirmed they had removed Wallen’s content from their platforms.
But there were a handful of stations still playing Wallen through Thursday, one of them being the Florida station WHEL-FM, serving Fort Myers and Naples, which, according to The News-Press, was previously called Trump Country before changing its name to Hell Yeah 93.7. Other stations that showed no signs of pulling his music include Bama Country 98.9 in Montgomery, Alabama, and 106.7 The Buz2 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
After a video surfaced on TMZ of Wallen using the n-word, he issued a statement calling his behavior “unacceptable.” “I used an unacceptable and inappropriate racial slur that I wish I could take back. There are no excuses to use this type of language, ever,” he said. “I want to sincerely apologize for using the word. I promise to do better.”
Wallen has emerged in the past year as one of country music’s biggest streamers and an indestructible force on the RS Charts. His sophomore album Dangerous: The Double Album broke the record for the biggest debut for a country album in RS 200 history, and shattered Luke Combs’ record for the highest single-week streams for a country album. Dangerous is currently in its third week at Number One on the RS 200, while Wallen also is in his third week atop the Artists 500, the first country act to top the chart three weeks in a row.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Morgan Wallen's Airplay Collapses After Racial Slur, But His Sales Are Way Up
By Gary Trust and Keith Caulfield
2/4/2021

• Click to copy
Brett Carlsen/Getty Images for YouTube
Morgan Wallen performs onstage during CASH FEST In Celebration Of YouTube Originals Documentary THE GIFT: THE JOURNEY OF JOHNNY CASH at War Memorial Auditorium on Nov. 10, 2019 in Nashville.
On Feb. 3, Wallen's radio play fell by over 70%, while sales of his music increased by 339%.
Morgan Wallen's music decreased sharply in radio airplay while surging in sales on Wednesday (Feb. 3) following his use of a racial slur on video.
As previously reported, TMZ posted a video Tuesday night of Wallen, who was seen as country music's potential global superstar, yelling expletives, including the N-word. He subsequently issued an apology, while his record label, Big Loud Records, suspended his recording contract indefinitely and radio stations rushed to remove his songs from rotation.
According to MRC Data, Wallen's radio airplay across all genres in the U.S. on Feb. 3 fell by approximately 71%, to 617 plays, from Feb. 2 when his songs drew a combined 2,100 plays. (In the previous five days of the latest tracking week, his songs received between 2,000 and 2,300 plays daily.)
ARTIST MENTIONED

Morgan Wallen

The decrease reflects the decisions by iHeartMedia, the largest radio station group in the U.S., Entercom, Cumulus and other station owners to pull Wallen's music.

Maren Morris, Mickey Guyton & More Artists React to Morgan Wallen Using N-Word
As the bulk of Wallen's airplay is on reporters to Billboard's Country Airplay chart, he faced a similar drop among those panelists, 74%, from Feb. 2 (1,500 plays) to Feb. 3 (389). (In the prior five days, he logged between 1,500 and 1,600 plays among Country Airplay reporters daily.)
Wallen's current country radio single, "7 Summers," dropped 70% on Country Airplay reporting stations, from 490 plays Feb. 2 to 149 Feb. 3. On the most recently published Country Airplay chart, dated Feb. 6, the song rose from No. 16 to No. 15 for a new peak (up 8% in audience reach in the tracking week ending Jan. 31).
While Wallen's radio play eroded on Feb. 3, sales of his music swelled, according to preliminary reports to MRC Data. His catalog of albums and songs sold a combined 22,500 copies in the U.S. on Feb. 3 -- an increase of 339% compared to sales on Feb. 2 (5,000).
Breaking down album vs. song sales, Wallen's albums sold a little over 8,000 copies Feb. 3, up 593% from 1,000 on Feb. 2, while his songs sold 14,000 downloads Feb. 3, up 261% from 4,000 on Feb. 2.

A Timeline of Morgan Wallen's Controversies
Wallen's current album, Dangerous: The Double Album (released Jan. 8), sold just under 7,000 copies on Feb. 3, up 511% compared to 1,000 sold Feb. 2. His previous LP, If I Know Me (released in April 2018), sold 1,500 copies Feb. 3, up 1,519% compared to a negligible sales figure Feb. 2.
Dangerous logged its third total and consecutive week at No. 1 on the latest all-genre Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums charts, dated Feb. 6 (reflecting sales and streaming activity in the week ending Jan. 28). It's the first set to have led the Billboard 200 for at least three weeks and also appeared on Top Country Albums since 2013, and the first of new material by a male artist since 2002.
As for Wallen's individual song sales, five of his tracks sold at least 1,000 downloads on Feb. 3, after none reached that level Feb. 2.
Wallen's top five-selling tracks on Feb. 3 were: "More Than My Hometown" (nearly 2,000, up 453% from Feb. 2); "Wasted on You" (nearly 2,000, up 80%); "Sand in My Boots" (a little over 1,000, up 162%); "7 Summers" (a little over 1,000, up 257%); and "Whiskey Glasses" (a little over 1,000, up 656%).

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
I bet his sales went up from all the Black and non white people streaming his shit trying to figure out who he is.
I’ve never heard of him and am not stupid enough to stream any of his shit to give him digital spins.​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

sarcastic-laugh.gif

Last edited:

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

:smh:
He was embroiled in some controversy when he was caught on video saying the N-word. Did you two talk through that as friends? How did you guys move past that?
Wasn’t no controversy for me. I don’t even know what happened. I heard about it. I didn’t see the video. I didn’t look much into it and I’m not going to look much into it. I don’t think he’s a bad human being in any way, shape or form. He is a friend of mine, and I don’t know what happened. Obviously, it was a mistake, I think he learned from it, I think he knows better, and I don’t know what was said and in what context, but I think he’s an incredible human being who made a mistake.