Dallas Mayor switches parties

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never voted for this knee-grow

General election for Mayor of Dallas​

Incumbent Eric Johnson defeated Kendal Richardson in the general election for Mayor of Dallas on May 6, 2023.

Only 8.8% of eligible voters voted

Candidate%Votes
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/Eric_Johnson.jpg
Eric Johnson (Nonpartisan)
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/Kendal_Richardson.jpeg
Kendal Richardson (Nonpartisan) (Write-in)
Other/Write-in votes

Ballotpedia Logo
Incumbents are bolded and underlined. SourceTotal votes: 46,217

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This time it had nothing to do with it, he always been full of shit. This announcement confirms it.
Wasn't aware of his history.
Is that the reason he is pro police and supports racist policies, because of gay agendas?
My response was regarding the Democratic Party in general. Still stands true.

Fuck this guy and his racist policies.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never voted for this knee-grow

General election for Mayor of Dallas​

Incumbent Eric Johnson defeated Kendal Richardson in the general election for Mayor of Dallas on May 6, 2023.

Only 8.8% of eligible voters voted

Candidate%Votes
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/Eric_Johnson.jpg
Eric Johnson (Nonpartisan)
Image of https://s3.amazonaws.com/ballotpedia-api4/files/thumbs/100/100/Kendal_Richardson.jpeg
Kendal Richardson (Nonpartisan) (Write-in)
Other/Write-in votes

Ballotpedia Logo
Incumbents are bolded and underlined. SourceTotal votes: 46,217

Lame nigga switched cause he wants to get reelected.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Both and to add , a lot only participate in local elections cause they feel it has a direct effect on their lives than Presidential

Which I COMPLETELY understand

But it's not like the local elections are getting 90% turn out.

Why not vote?

Do you think if a law was passed

If you DON'T vote in 3 national elections you would LOSE the right for the subsequent election would work?

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is some quotes from this clowns op-ed in the WSJ and not the Dallas Morning News:
"After these wins for the people of Dallas — and after securing 98.7% of the vote in my re-election campaign this year — I have no intention of changing my approach to my job," Johnson wrote. "But today I am changing my party affiliation. Next spring, I will be voting in the Republican primary. When my career in elected office ends in 2027 on the inauguration of my successor as mayor, I will leave office as a Republican."

Johnson said he attributed his decision to cities "desperately" needing mayors to champion "law and order and practice fiscal conservatism."
"In other words, American cities need Republicans — and Republicans need American cities," Johnson wrote. "When my political hero Theodore Roosevelt was born, only 20% of Americans lived in urban areas. By the time he was elected president, that share had doubled to 40%. Today, it stands at 80%. As America’s cities go, so goes America."
"But it is clear that the nation and its cities have reached a time for choosing," Johnson wrote. "And the overwhelming majority of Americans who call our cities home deserve to have real choices — not “progressive” echo chambers — at city hall."

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Which I COMPLETELY understand

But it's not like the local elections are getting 90% turn out.

Why not vote?

Do you think if a law was passed

If you DON'T vote in 3 national elections you would LOSE the right for the subsequent election would work?
I hear you, but do they necessarily need that high of a turn out. At times when the Dems pissed me off I thought of only voting locally . But since Trumpkkk and his ilk reared their ugly heads I participate Presidential to keep those fuckers out

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Voting only during presidential elections is for fools. 9% turning out here, 20% I think it was in NYC picking that cop to be mayor… it’s minority rule because people are too busy watching reality TV or scrolling on their phone to be bothered. Then they’re mad when stop and frisk is what’s back in style smfh

I hate non voting, know-nothing ass niggas

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The DNC has to take this L. For a major city that size they should have offered some input on vetting the man. Couldn't have been to hard to see some red flags with that dude. Reminds me of George Stantos flying under the GOP's radar, but at least the got a loyal stooge.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the only way these assholes can run big cities. Run as one thing and pull a bait and switch. He won't get another term and the system will do a self correction and restore the will of the people. Nothing to see here.

But how much damage can he do while in the position? GOP gets in sets up a bunch of shyt for rich people and Dems build on top of that. So when he gets voted out the Dem that gets in (IF they get in) will do nothing but improve shyt for rich people anyway.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Majority of posts in this thread are emotional responses because the mayor switched his political gang colors and just like that, an enemy of the people in BLUE :lol: