DatPiff finally shut down today after almost 18 years of service.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As of March 13th, 2023, DatPiffs website no longer responds and was already a few months prior acting really slow and unresponsive.

Either it was the people at DatPiff who requested it to be shut down, or their web server was suspended by their web provider because they either didn't pay to keep their website up or their subscription to whatever web provider they have ended and didn't renew.

Unless it gets revived, then DatPiff most likely won't come back.

And if that's the case, then...

Development and support for the website and app ended sometime back in 2020, just a year after the launch of the app, so it's a long time ago that DatPiff was abandoned.

It was a really great website, a great place to listen to music, find and create mixtapes, and just enjoy the free world of mixtapes. Those times have unfortunately passed.

Thank you for your service for the last 20 years, DatPiff.

Pro tip: If there was a mixtape on DatPiff that you wanted to download but never managed to, then check out Internet Archive. Many mixtapes from DatPiff have been archived there over the years.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As of March 13th, 2023, DatPiffs website no longer responds and was already a few months prior acting really slow and unresponsive.

Either it was the people at DatPiff who requested it to be shut down, or their web server was suspended by their web provider because they either didn't pay to keep their website up or their subscription to whatever web provider they have ended and didn't renew.

Unless it gets revived, then DatPiff most likely won't come back.

And if that's the case, then...

Development and support for the website and app ended sometime back in 2020, just a year after the launch of the app, so it's a long time ago that DatPiff was abandoned.

It was a really great website, a great place to listen to music, find and create mixtapes, and just enjoy the free world of mixtapes. Those times have unfortunately passed.

Thank you for your service for the last 20 years, DatPiff.

Pro tip: If there was a mixtape on DatPiff that you wanted to download but never managed to, then check out Internet Archive. Many mixtapes from DatPiff have been archived there over the years.
Yeah I went looking for that new fabulous mixtape. Thinking it might be on there a couple of weeks ago. And I went to datpiff. And that bitch looked deserted. And there was a messaged saying there was a data breach in 2021 or 2022. I was like wow.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You would think at this point it would be considered a modern art archive of hip hop culture and historically significant

I really hope the hip hop museum or one of these hip hop billionaires step in and properly preserve that entire library.

That's our culture our history.
So you know what that means.. someone need to get a terabyte memory card and upload 18 yrs of mixtapes just in case it does go under out of nowhere.. if they made a documentary about video music box maybe there’s room for a documentary of the historical significance of dat piff..hint hint.. now that I presented the idea what are you going to do with it

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Never heard or read of them.
Wordddd I could’ve sworn bgol use to reference that sight many yrs ago whenever people would talk about a new artist.. it would be like yo such a such is mad nice go check out some of there stuff on datpiff.. I can definitely guarantee that term went hand and hand many times on here

Damn...

Yall too bougie now?

That was at the height of the rap blogs leaking records ever day with reviews etc?

Black planet was still popping etc

F*ck now I feel old as dirt

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kinda of, it came out around October or November. Dr. Truth made a thread a couple weeks ago, about it.

Fabolous dropped this on YouTube. But it's one long ass track. But there's like 4 songs.

Sidebar...

One of all time favorite records from Fab

Period

Summertime shootout >>>>>

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once they seen the market shift towards streaming, they should have built an app, convert all their downloadable mixtapes to streamable and created a service like Spotify to where artist get paid per X amount of streams. People already paid for unlimited downloads back in the day anyway for like $2.99 from them anyway. haha

Case of just settling and not following the wave. R.I.P. though. Downloaded a grip of ish off of there

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Damn...

Yall too bougie now?

That was at the height of the rap blogs leaking records ever day with reviews etc?

Black planet was still popping etc

F*ck now I feel old as dirt

Fam I would just come to BGOL and it was already here. However, while I know of many sites that came and went. I just have no recollection of that one.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam I would just come to BGOL and it was already here. However, while I know of many sites that came and went. I just have no recollection of that one.

I understand and your 100% it was like the WALMART for that at one time.

That site was actually one of MANY but became the go to and most well known I would say due to Wayne insane mistake run back in day.