Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia - Ryan Garcia has been BANNED from boxing for ONE YEAR

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But he was still in the fight, in the examples I posted, none of those fighters were in the fight, at all, they were completely overwhelmed. I felt Haney actually won more rounds than Garcia. Now Haney may have felt because of the advantages you mentioned that Garcia had, made him have to work harder, it still didn't look like an overmatched performance to me.

You have a point .

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Surprised to hear him say he felt overmatched. Frasier/Foreman, Hearns/Duran, Curry/McCrory, Mayweather/Gatti. Those are fights that come to mind when talking about fighters being overmatched, not this fight
Didnt watch the interview but if he said he was overmatched that was a poor choice of words...what if it turns out it was a small amount of PED that was in a dietary supplement and he just started taking it that week to lose weight and it couldnt have helped him strength wise...then Devin just looks he cant beat Ryan no matter what

Wait until all the facts are known before saying things like overmatched

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GMoIv6yaoAAZGwC
GMrN1WwXwAADfdQ

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didnt watch the interview but if he said he was overmatched that was a poor choice of words...what if it turns out it was a small amount of PED that was in a dietary supplement and he just started taking it that week to lose weight and it couldnt have helped him strength wise...then Devin just looks he cant beat Ryan no matter what

Wait until all the facts are known before saying things like overmatched
I agree overmatched was a poor choice of words.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But he was still in the fight, in the examples I posted, none of those fighters were in the fight, at all, they were completely overwhelmed. I felt Haney actually won more rounds than Garcia. Now Haney may have felt because of the advantages you mentioned that Garcia had, made him have to work harder, it still didn't look like an overmatched performance to me.
I think Haney would have won the first fight if he didn’t let his pride get in the way. He underestimated Garcia and didn’t attempt to adjust until after he got dropped. If he took a rematch seriously then he could win with ease.